ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Extended ratings system: 6-stars and up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever number they are spitting out at you on the extra stats screen has to be an estimate and can't be used for exact calculations. Plus there is already another page with a list of estimated cut offs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, but from what I've seen, those estimated cutoffs still adhere to the old formula of [score/base + 2] = star rating. I have a 7.0 rating on Yes We Can at 189,000 in my scores, but the cutoff page still estimates it at 213,245, or 5x the base.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my edit in the original post for updated information.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The base scores for M-Trogdor and H-Yes We Can are off on the "All Cutoffs" page. New formula implementation seems to be fine (interelationship between the numebrs is right), but the 4* and 5* cutoff is wrong compared to whats proven. For ex, H-YWC proven 4* cutoff is 91390, (thus a 45695 base), but the displayed cutoffs are 42,649 base and 85298 4* cutoff with higherscores seemingly calculated off those. M-Trogdor is similarly off too. Decimal score calculation on score display pages also seems to be using this data and coming to improper value as a result.

H-Trogdor, and H-BnH seem to be fine.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I forgot to update one branch of my code. I've corrected the errors that were generated (by deriving the base_score as 5-star_cutoff/3, rather than 2.8 as it should've been).

I've updated the code, but I won't know for sure it works until the next 5-star cutoff is proven.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO you should fix base score as 4*/2, because (A) its much easier to get the 4* proof and i expect ot see many more 4* than 5* exact proofs pretty soon, and (B) assuming it truly is exactly double whatever numebr hte game has as the base score, 4* is always goign to be an even number (4 numbers all even suggests this but hte sample size is still too small as yet top know for sure) and thus 4*/2 will always be an integer, while 5*/2.8 can have a decimal and thus rounding errors might creep in if you use hte second formulation.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the first cutoff (either 4-star or 5-star) is proven for a song, the base_score is derived from that cutoff. If the 4-star cutoff is the first one proven, then the base_score is 4-star_cutoff/2. However if the 5-star cutoff is first to be proven, then the base_score is derived from that.

I think I've figured out the rounding issues, but it's possible there may be rounding errors that become known after the 4-star is proven (after the 5-star has already been proven). If that's the case I can simply update the base_score manually by a point to correct it (and possibly update my calculation accordingly).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see we have 8-star ratings now (i've got one on cherry pie, on hard)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MattDaddy101
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a couple on expert, if the 5.2 multiplier is correct. we just have to start proving some cutoffs. i need a cheat for not failing though. (maybe then i can pass heart shaped box )
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
i've got a couple on expert, if the 5.2 multiplier is correct. we just have to start proving some cutoffs. i need a cheat for not failing though. (maybe then i can pass heart shaped box )

Lol - I KNEW IT!!!!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
darthfisto09  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question for anybody who has the answer

I see some songs on the GH2 list now have 6,7,8 stars.3 to be exact. anybody know when they rest of the songs will be like this? is it just a slow process to do them all?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The added star ratings become activated as soon as the cutoffs are known. This means for every song that has either the 4-star cutoff or 5-star cutoff proven on the Song Stats page. So if you guys want to see more calculated ratings, help us get the cutoffs proven! Barfo has definitely been doing his share of work proving most of the GH2 songs on Hard (thanks again Barfo).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
anybody know when they rest of the songs will be like this? is it just a slow process to do them all?

Right now i did a scattering of songs on H in order to target the easiest ones (basically based upon song length/low score), and I've started running down the set list (of hard) from the top (i'm at 'Woman' right now). After i finish about 90% of the list that way (might be skipping the really long songs, and ill definitely be skipping tough songs like CMH, PBFO, Six, thunderhorse), ill probably move on and hit whatever non-difficult Expert songs are left, but in order to do it at all efficaciously i need to be able to pretty much 97%+ the song so that i can easily establish a reliable baseline playthrough, so there will be a lot of expert songs that are outside my ability (at least using my current method). Right now it takes me about 10-25 plays per song per 4* cutoff (1-3 hours), mainly depending upon how rich the money section of the song is, and whether Riff's initial estimate of the cutoff is very accurate or not (if im flying blind i waste a lot of plays just trying to narrow it down). Also im extremely busy right now so im having hardly any free time to devote to GH2, so for the next few weeks ill be lucky to get 3 songs a week or so. By xmas it should open up and i hope to be mostly done with hard and moving on to expert by the start of Jan (if theres any X cutoffs left to do by then).
jimmy-p  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: 8 stars Reply with quote

can you not get a eight star on every song, i dont have any
Parna  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can only get 8-Star on a few songs on each difficulty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: