ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dallas Area?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildstarr wrote:
Here is one thats been going on for a while now with only a couple more dates left.

http://www.midnightgamingchampionship.com/info.html

Prizes for location winners
a $125 Best BuyTM Gift Card courtesy of Best Buy
a G4 Prize Pack courtesy of G4
a 1 year three out membership to GameZnFlix courtesy of GameZnFlix
a $50 Arch card courtesy of McDonald's®
$100 cash courtesy of McDonald's
The Guitar Hero game winner also receives a copy of Guitar Hero 2 Game courtesy of redoctane

Grand Prize at the Championship Tourney
a Championship Trophy
a $1,000 Best Buy Gift Card courtesy of Best Buy
an Xbox 360 courtesy of GameZnFlix
a Sony PSP courtesy of Best Buy
a $100 Arch card courtesy of McDonald's
$500 cash courtesy of McDonald's
The Guitar Hero Game Winner will also receive a guitar autographed by the GH development team courtesy of redoctane

The Grand Prize is just kick ass. Too bad my skills are not at a level to compete. If you think you have a shot at winning the big prize, the drive to the DFW area might be worth it.

Holy flippin' crap.. that would have been worth flying out to, if I had known about it! Too bad I don't pay attention to this stuff.

doubletwist  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Worth a shot Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:

Holy flippin' crap.. that would have been worth flying out to, if I had known about it! Too bad I don't pay attention to this stuff.

Yeah, I'm bummed that I only found out about it this week. My wife and I have both signed up to play this Saturday [last chance before the Finals] since we only live about 10 minutes from that location.

I'll probably be the oldest person there And I doubt either of us is good enough to win, but it seems like it'll be fun, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be lucky and nobody good will enter.

For those prizes, I figured it's worth a shot!

DT
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I went to the last qualifying tournament last night....I should have owned everyone there, but apparently moving furniture all day and then being OUTSIDE in 40 degree weather doesn't help your chances, so I got out the first round: won the first song, Unsung, by 40k....then failed CFH 10% through....I suck at that song under normal circumstances, so it was understandable for me to fail it. A line that keeps playing over and over in my mind, "He just beat that guy by 40k, so unless he has a heartattack he's gonna win." (Says some kid right before the main riff of CFH starts, and I can hear him through my headphones)

And the thing that frustrated me more was that I stayed for a little while watching and most of my scores were 50k+ better than what everyone else was scoring. Guess I'll just have to try again some other time.

EDIT: Didn't notice that you posted right before me, but I hate you doubletwist

Me - http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/brooksycc7/Picture029.jpg

Doubletwist - http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/brooksycc7/Picture030.jpg
Mordred  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was cool talking to you this weekend Brooksy. I heard them call out your name and I instantly knew I was boned since I know I can't beat you. I thought I might be home free, but didn't go with my gut and picked TBW in the semis after sucking at it all afternoon when practicing. I'd been playing everything else well that night and I knew my opponent wasn't the greatest on that song, so I thought it would be worth a shot. The only other song I knew he was bad at was Ace of Spades and I didn't think there were enough points in the song to have a winning margin.

We both 5*'d BatM but he beat me by about 9k cause he must have been near perfect in the final solo. I then proceeded to screw up parts that I never miss in TBW and finished with a shameful 210k, 20k points behind him and about 60-70k below my standard score for the song. He went on to win, and I went home a loser for the third time. Too bad I live in Austin and couldn't come up every weekend.

Got to meet a bunch of cool people and frustrate the hell out of myself at the same time. Hopefully they'll throw another one of these for GH2 as I think I'm much stronger at that than the first.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mordred are you the one that played Freebird with me right before we had to leave? It's hard to remember all the names and faces I saw the other night....Yeah man that whole night pissed me off. Someone took my GH2 copy (that I brought with me) out of its box and put it in one of the PS2's so after driving to Northeast Dallas, me and my buddy realize "hey, there's not a game in this box." So we had to drive all the way back out to Fort Worth, and luckily I was able to get a hold of Jeff on the phone. It's funny when you call a McDonald's and ask for the guy running the tournament. But we got the game back so it's all good....now all I have to do is find my GH1 copy that is somewhere at my friend's apartment. So anyone still playing GH1, I'm a sitting duck for right now
Mordred  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I didn't play any GH2 that night. We talked for about 5 minutes right after you finished talking to doubletwist.

I did see someone walking around asking people if they were missing their copy of GH2 which he had found in a PS2. I'm guessing it was probably yours Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's right!!! We talked about how Baylor got their ass kicked by Tech right, and Kansas State beating Texas(?!?!?!)? If I'm wrong, just shoot me cuz I would feel really bad if I forgot who you were (I'm usually really good about that)
Mordred  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brooksycc7 wrote:
Oh that's right!!! We talked about how Baylor got their ass kicked by Tech right, and Kansas State beating Texas(?!?!?!)? If I'm wrong, just shoot me cuz I would feel really bad if I forgot who you were (I'm usually really good about that)

Nope different guy

They hadn't announced the K-State-t.u. score yet. I went to A&M, and since I lost that was the highlight of my night

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH!! I hate myself....what do you look like cuz this is bothering me? I do remember your scorehero name though....that's so weird.
Mordred  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning - BIG photo of me playing on Saturday!
http://forms.belointeractive.com/sharedcontent/datafiles/1163626055979_ORIGINAL_IMG_1758.jpg

I didn't see this earlier or I would have posted it two days ago
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....i can honestly say (with some regret) that I have no recollection of talking to you, unless you were the guy that said "you're pretty good" and i responded with somewhat of a depressing "yeaaaaaa" (due to the first-round loss)....but I do remember the name 'mordred'.

If you find out about any other tourneys in the Dallas area and don't mind playing against me (), make sure to post it here
JW2  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that the following information is in no way 100% certain, although it is good to note because it could otherwise be short notice by the time exact details are made available:

The CPL (www.thecpl.com) has merged with VGL (www.vgleague.com) and is now incorporating console tournaments. Apparently there is going to be a Guitar Hero 2 tournament at the CPL finals in Dallas on December 16 around 8:30pm.

The only information I found is the list of games and their start times: http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=303
I was unable to come across any more specific details. I am waiting to hear back from some people; if I hear anything more detailed and definite, then I'll post a thread with the information.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powfordamage PSN Name: powfordamage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: