ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Impulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Hard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
throwawaystyle  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to get on this one...I got 5th place just by activating 2-2-2-2 immediate and FC'ing. Somone make a path. I dunno if Sully has yet or not.
Harp00n  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first attempt at a path and doing the actual chart marked out as well so don't have a go if it's not right. Looking at the chart I think this will yeild the best points, but I cannot FC this to find out.

2-2-3-2-3

Last edited by Harp00n on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gitykins  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, but I think if you activated the last SP right after hitting the note part of the hold note on the last SP phrase, you would get the hold points, and it would end right near the last chord, getting you a few more points and less wasted SP.
phillyphan65  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Sully's path a while ago and got 1st and I'm a horrible whammier... so there is definitely room for improvement here.

Sully's path-- thanks
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3379/impulsesv2.jpg

GH2: 32/74 FC's
GH3: 40/70 FC's
butters  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this path got me 3rd place, 249,926 good path!!
malictus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got > 250K with a somewhat sloppy execution by delaying the 4th activation and skipping the next SP, leaving only 2 star powers for the last activation, so I'm guessing that's just as good or better.
CycloneVM  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I had similarly sloppy execution to Malictus and got >250k. I've got an idea that should get me in the 252k ballpark, but even with massive squeezing (which I massively fail at), the most I can come up with for a total is 252,886 which is still a bit short of the upperbound number. I'll post the path here after I've had a chance to try it myself, but basically it is the same as above with a few activation tweeks.

EDIT: I've had a good run at first (Wii), I'll let the real players have a crack at it now. Most of the path is the same as has already been posted by Harpoon, the major differences are:

Activation 2 - I may have gotten to the Y note, it's always hard for me to tell. I got pretty good at that activation, though.

Activation 3 - I hit this right at the B note and it lasts until the 3rd GR chord. Actually, that's my plan - in my 1st place run, I missed the select button and ended up activating a bit after the R note instead, but it worked out because I got both the B and the O note after the chords. Lots of missed ticks, but I'll live.

Activation 4 - This is the key one (and the trickiest). In order to avoid slogging through the 2/4 and some of the 1/4 measures, instead of activating immediately I do it on the R note in the 1/4 measure. With the change in time, it's tricky to get it quite right, but do it such that you run out just before the next SP. The toughest thing here is that for every milli-beat you delay your activation in the 1/4 measure, you get 4 milli-beats of SP at the tail end during the 4/4 measure, so if you are worried about it activate early rather than late so you don't overrun the next SP phrase.

Activation 5 - as noted by others, you can start this one during the B hold instead of after it and still make it by plenty.

So, as you can see, Activation 4 is where the detail is. This song is freaking fun to play, though, and so messing it up just means you get to play the awesome song some more

EDIT 2: We'll try Imageshack, maybe it'll look better...
Impulse Hard SP Path
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Hard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: