ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tournaments in Atlanta?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catfish7  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Tournaments in Atlanta? Reply with quote

Anyone know of any tournaments near Atlanta, GA? I'm looking for some good competition.
rabidkimba  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, I'm a staffer with the Video Game department for Anime Weekend Atlanta (www.awa-con.com), and we've just recently decided to run a Guitar Hero tournament at the convention. I'm probably going to be running it, but I'm still kind of torn on what kind of tournament rules we'll be having. If you can wait until the end of September and make the drive up to Cobb, I'd love to have some good players at the tourney!
catfish7  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I'll keep it in mind. I'm from Hall county so I guess the drive wouldn't be terrible.
JerkStoleMyName  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're sure that you're going to host a tourney at AWA then I might make an appearance, for it and for a DDR tourney if they're still being held. A Best Buy close to where I live is wanting to host a local tourney, so I've tossed ideas around in my head to try and figure out a way to have a successful tourney and it actually be a real Tournament. 2-player VS is out, because it separates the notes. If you're interested in hearing some of the ideas then lemme know.
rabidkimba  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figuring out a fair yet efficient tournament structure is hard to say the least. Right now, the ideas that some of the directors and I have thrown around are:

Qualifier running for a few hours maybe friday and saturday on a fairly easy song, cut to top 8 with seeding. (maybe a hard song on medium, so we get more than 5 entrants)

Winning a round/seeding would be decided by percentage, then score as a tiebreaker.

All rounds would be played on single player.

The hard part would be saving time during the top 8. If we had best 2 of 3 songs, each match could take anywhere from 15-20 minutes if we had two TVs running, and unless we get 4-8 tvs, we don't have enough time to spare.

I'm trying my best to get as many tvs as I can, but if not, I might have to do something fairly drastic... maybe something like the DDR tournaments of many years ago where the higher seeded player can choose to pick song or difficulty (medium to expert, I guess?), and the other player chooses whichever the first player didn't choose. It's kind of nasty, but it's really the only feasable way to do it if we're short on tvs and time. We were also considering having a rule where if you fail a song you choose (I guess in the previous case, it'd be whoever chose the difficulty), then you automatically lose the round.

Any input from you guys would be great, I need more ideas to throw around.
mattdaddy  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...looking for something to happen in the Atlanta-metro area

I heard about a tourney while I was at the EB Games in Fayetteville and it would take place either at the store or the Guitar Center in Fayetteville on February 3...the guys that worked there didn't seem to know a lot about it...thats all i know
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MattDaddy101
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: