ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
guitar hero skills help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdupe21  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going from expert on gh to heavy on ddr was fairly simple...i got an "A" on the first heavy difficulty song i played when before i could barely play on medium difficulty. i also think it has to do with the build up of speed at which your mind recognizes and executes hitting the notes from gh and applies it to the "read rate" for ddr... but that could be just me, no idea
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skill can definitely transfer between music games, to a degree.

I had played FFR/Stepmania a good deal before playing GH. In GH (GH1, specifically) I got 100% on the third song I ever tried (ILR&R), was better than my friend who'd had the game for two months in about an hour, and beat every single song on Expert on my sightread.

Also, in DDR, I was on Heavy within a week of starting, thanks to prior FFR/SM experience...

yeah. it helps. a TON.

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch604 wrote:
going from ddr to guitar hero was fairly simple, and going from guitar freaks to guitar hero was even easier :P

this is true, but going from guitar hero from GF isn't the easiest. adjusting to the fact that there are no Ho/Pos in GF takes a while. i failed my first song when i was doing the beta for GF/DM V4 (Paranoid Extreme, a 63) because i forgot that there were no HO/POS. but back to the question posed in the OP, it's hard to go from GH to DDR because you have to adjust to the fact that there are more than just the two timing windows and you have to move parts of your body that you aren't used to moving when playing a video game, but you'll get it soon enough if you keep playing. This is coming from a person who transfered from dancing games to GH.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: