ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tulsa, Oklahoma - 1/20/07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thrice  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Tulsa, Oklahoma - 1/20/07 Reply with quote

this event isnt near me, but i found about it online so I thought i would post it.

What -
Come on out to Joe Momma’s Pizza and show your Guitar Hero 2 skills and flair off for fun and prizes! And, we’ll have prizes provided by RedOctane! Run by OKgamers.com

When -
Saturday, January 20th, 2007

Where -
Joe Momma’s Pizza
10309 E 61st St
Tulsa, OK 74133
(918) 459-0096

Signup -
Showmanship Challenge - 2pm to 2:45pm
Skill Competition - 5pm to 5:45pm [tentative]

Starts -
3pm - Showmanship Challenge
6pm - Skill Competition - [After Showmanship / sunset for the big screen…]

Cost -

2$ or a food purchase - Showmanship Challenge
5$ - Skill Competition

What to Bring -
Please bring your OWN GUITAR! There may be a few available to use at the event, but bringing your own guitar is heavily encouraged.

Please bring your OWN HEADPHONES! The Skill Competition will have multiple consoles setup, as a result we’ll be having you play with headphones. We’ll have a few pairs of headphones on hand, but they may or may not have volume adjustments. Please bring your own pair.

Also, be sure to bring your entry fee, and if your dressing up, your costume for the Showmanship Challenge.

Format - 2 tournaments

Showmanship Challenge. This is single elimination, one song play. This will have prizes, but is considered to be more of the fun event! The ‘Showmanship award’ will go to the player that rocks the hardest flair, keeps the music going on any given setting and shows his skills by keeping his fingers moving, all while looking cool. Judging will be done, and swayed by crowd response. Scoring on flair, accuracy / notes hit, and appearance will determine the winner of this tournament. You can bring your own tricked out guitar. You can bring your own flair. You get to choose the song and difficulty…

..But will you rock?

Skill Competition, based on score. Pool play; so the top half scoring players advance, the second half proceed into the losers pool.

Rules - are currently TENTATIVE. What we are going with for now:

Songs will progress in difficulty, starting out with hard in the first few matches winners pool, and Expert in the final few matches.
Once the pools only have one in the winners pool, and one in the losers, both will compete on expert in the finals bracket.

If we have more than 32 people show up, we reserve the right to make the tournament single elimination.

Yes - you can sign up for one or the other, and not have to play in both.

Pre-registering -
How do you pre-register? Simply swing by Joe Momma’s and sign up!

Double Elimination Details -
This tournament is currently planned to have at least 5 to 7 songs chosen from a pool of 8 or so songs picked to be played on hard, and 2 songs chosen to be played on expert.

------
i copied this from the website http://beaguitarhero.com/tournaments/2007/01/05/tulsa-joe-mommas-pizza-guitar-hero-2-tournaments-012007/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: