ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Chris Vance - Goodbye Score Hero :(
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Chris Vance - Goodbye Score Hero :( Reply with quote

**Everyone**
Do not let a lack of experiance in an area, or lack of a college education stop you from pursuing your dreams. I am 100% in-experianced in the video game industry, and havn't even come close to finishing school. I am not condoning never going to school, as even I go part time to College. But if you love something enough and work at it.. you can achieve your dreams. This has come true in my case and it can come true to everyone who wants it enough and try's hard enough. Don't be discouraged if it dosn't but keep on keeping on. Take these words to heart, I'd have never believed I could do so much with knowing so little. Infact, I skoffed at myself for even applying. But I kept making charts, I kept pursuing the job and even though I wasn't experianced in any way shape or form. I was experianced in Guitar Hero, and that was all it took. Keep on Keeping on Score Hero. This will always be my "home town." as with me moving away from my home in MI to live in CA. I'll never forget where I grew up, and the same counts for all the people that helped get me to where I am at. I'm in all of your debt.

I am offically an employee of Neversoft now, and due to NDA's and the fear of keeping my job lol, I will be withdrawing from this community as of May 1st 2007. As a request, I wish for Score Hero to no longer carry my works and wish for them NOT To be asked for nor given out. I thank you all for being understanding of this. Thank you, everyone for your support and to the few that tought me when I came here in early January how to do this. WhiskeyFace, Kata, Riz just to name a few thank you all. Keep on rocking Score Hero, I will never forget you

Last edited by ChrisVance on Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:33 am; edited 29 times in total
Sottle  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome, great work.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
katamakel  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you that there's a lack in quality. People are eager I guess.
You made a really good chart, but I don't agree with the 4-button chords.
But hey, to each his own.
Keep it up!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap those G+R+B+O chords look painful but fun song to play good job on getting that one in there

although try picking a different character and venue to play your songs...i could barely see the notes, too much of the same color

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katamakel wrote:
I totally agree with you that there's a lack in quality. People are eager I guess.
You made a really good chart, but I don't agree with the 4-button chords.
But hey, to each his own.
Keep it up!
thanks lol.. yeah I did it for difficulty reasons honestly.. I like something challenging and hitting that g-r-b-o is a pain lol.. hence forth to me at least challenging = fun. :P But thank you again.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can understand that, and I like challenging charts as well.
But you were talking about quality here, and if you start adding seemingly random chord shapes etc. just for difficulty, I think you're moving away from that

Now, don't get me wrong here, it was a very well mapped chart otherwise, but I'd say that, if you want more of a challenge; pick a more challenging song, and make that chart with the same quality you did on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, I didn't notice any error in it ;) Notes are distributed according to measures, so syncing is not a big problem for you, and I didn't notice any notes bad positioned/missing. Keep going
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on one with numerous tempo changes and quite a difficult speed. I've spent 6 horus on the first minute of the song lol! Paradise by the Dashboard Light.. I'm into fun songs ;) Where I can get drunk , play guitar hero and sing along to all at once xD I call it Kareoke hero :P But yeah.. this song will be a very challenging chart. And I took ur advice and went away from any more 4 note chords.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to play it and it ended before the first note.

Probably something to do with the [end] event at a guess.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely one of the best charts on here. Everything on sync, every note is displayed that you should play, definitely top notch work.

I agree with everyone saying that notecharts are being rushed, so the ever wanting complete customs disc could be made. I'd take one fantastic made song than 10 rushed songs.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the previous posters, you did an excellent job making that chart. One tiny (tiny) gripe: the musician in me noticed a few small disagreements between what's heard and what's on the chart in terms of ascending/descending pitch and notes...certain spots where the notes went down but the note heard stays the same, etc. But as far as accuracy and sync goes, that chart looks fun and impeccably done. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: My songs =D Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
I'm a musician and a guitarist and a bassist. I found this and instantly fell in love with the idea and played a few custom songs.. and no offence but most are lacking in quality. I decided I'd start releasing professional quality songs..

Well , Im guessing that the low quality is referring to my customs. And i do take some criticism. Some notes disappear when converting , and I dont really know how to fix that. Sometimes the synch wont be perfect , and I just dont have the patience to make it all 100% ( this all depends on the difficulty of the song tho ) since I have a short temper , hardly any patience , and I live together with my girl so she deserves some time as well.

But if youre gonna diss my fingering and technical execution of the notecharts I gotta disagree. Not to toot my own horn , but I feel my note placement is among the best. Now , if I had someone to work WITH that could fix my synching and disappearing note issues , my customs would rise a lvl. Im only a man tho , and i dont get paid by RO`HMX to make it all perfect. And songs are still fun and challenging for the right reasons.

I dont mind ppl going for higher quality , respect to ya, but if you do hate my charts , feel free to brush the dust off and fix them
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ends o.O *looks at midi*

I didn't find any reason for it to end.. make sure you're transfering it in correctly mine works fine =D
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
I agree with the previous posters, you did an excellent job making that chart. One tiny (tiny) gripe: the musician in me noticed a few small disagreements between what's heard and what's on the chart in terms of ascending/descending pitch and notes...certain spots where the notes went down but the note heard stays the same, etc. But as far as accuracy and sync goes, that chart looks fun and impeccably done. Keep up the good work.
Yeah.. I know me too.. It was my first(ish) song though.. my Don't Stop Believing is doing GREAT! =D
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
It ends o.O *looks at midi*

I didn't find any reason for it to end.. make sure you're transfering it in correctly mine works fine =D

Yeah, i know what i'm doing...

I even went into Anvil and tried to change the [end] event and it tells me it's an invalid time (before i try to change it) so i don't know what that means =/

I'll try to re-download and see what happens.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy