ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
pop'n controllers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N00bSaib0t  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: pop'n controllers Reply with quote

every where i look its either an expensive ASC or a mini controller.

i want a full size controller to play on, but i cant find one.

normally i dont mind shelling out a few hundred bucks for a controller(i have a flux, afterburner, 3 ignitions, an official konami ps2 and xbox pad, and a tx6000 and thats just ddr) but i've never played pop'n.

if i knew i liked it i wouldnt mind buying the ASC, but i dont want to spend that kind of money on a game i havnt even played yet. any luck or am i just going to have to save my paychecks till i can afford it?
Galiath25  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go play it at an arcade or something to see if you like it. If you want I can help you through making your own for at most 120.
N00bSaib0t  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arcades are pretty much out, here in germany there are no arcades around closest one to me is 2 hours away, and it only has ddr extreme and ITG2 for rhythm games.

$120? i might be able to make my own. i tried that once with a dance pad though and it didnt exactly work out i think i'll just save my money and when i can afford it i'll splurge on pop'n and the ASC. would have been nice to get a $60 konami controller for it to learn on though.

edit- i found a full size controller on ebay, but its for the dreamcast version. i looked up the dreamcast version song list... it wouldnt be bad to have for novelty purposes, but i would want a ps2 pop'n. are there any dreamcast -> ps2 converters? i actually have one that goes the other way, i never thought i would need this.
EviLize  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy the controller. I got mine for under $200 + shipping ($85 to the US) which really isn't that bad if you have a job. Saying you don't want to spend the money because you've never played the game before is ridiculous. It's one of the most popular rhythm games ever created. Why assume you're not going to like it? If you want to play Pop'n (as it was intended to be played) you pretty much have to get an ASC.
N00bSaib0t  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the skepticism i have. i'm not spending close to $300 for a controller to a game i've never played, plus the cost of the game.

and saying it isnt that bad if you have a job is just dumb, because you dont know how much i make, or what my finiancial situation is now do you? i'll have to save up for a while to be able to afford to blow that kind of money on this. i'm in the military, i get paid just enough to live on.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need for your life story there. you're not alone in having it rough believe me.

Anyway as for the pop'n controller. First watch loads and loads of movies. if you like the game from the movie i suggest getting the mini controller. if you LOVE the game get the arcade style controller. I had a mini controller at first because i was in the same situation as you, tight on cash and all that stuff. I learned the game on that controller and then transferred on to the arcade style controller when my funds were up again. it's basically a measurement of how much you want to play this game. ask the people on irc from the scorehero channel they know how much i wanted to play popn when i first found out about it.
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What buMf00d said is the best option really (rare but it happens ). Try the game on a mini controller first, if you don't like it, then its only $60 out the door.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
N00bSaib0t  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the mini isnt that bad then? cool, i'll give it a shot.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i learned the game on it, it's quite a big change though once you decide to get an ASC because instead of playing with your fingers you're going to play with your hands.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say get the arcade controller. if you don't like it, I'm sure there's someone here that would snatch it up quick (aka ME).
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EviLize wrote:
Just buy the controller. I got mine for under $200 + shipping ($85 to the US) which really isn't that bad if you have a job. Saying you don't want to spend the money because you've never played the game before is ridiculous. It's one of the most popular rhythm games ever created. Why assume you're not going to like it? If you want to play Pop'n (as it was intended to be played) you pretty much have to get an ASC.

You're just saying that to convince him because you're evil!

As an endorsement, I loved the game even though I tried it for just 10 minutes, and I would love to have the game(s) and the controller.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
EviLize  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N00bSaib0t wrote:
so the mini isnt that bad then? cool, i'll give it a shot.

No, it's not bad - it's a totally different game. Playing on a mini controller is like playing 9-key beatmania.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: