ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
State College, PA weekly tournaments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to GAPS. Lots of DDR fans there when I would hit the HUB on Saturday nights. I'm betting there are GH fans now. Just have to find the right people to talk to.

edit: And if you need someone to compete against that badly, I suppose I can make the trip out there.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Talk to GAPS. Lots of DDR fans there when I would hit the HUB on Saturday nights. I'm betting there are GH fans now. Just have to find the right people to talk to.

edit: And if you need someone to compete against that badly, I suppose I can make the trip out there.

Dumb question but what exactly is GAPS? I would like to get something going for GH because I know there have to be other good players on campus...with so many video game-playing college students, they just have to be out there. I don't know of anyone on SH that goes to Penn State but I also don't think that more than a tenth of the best players out there are on SH, either (that may be untrue, but there's no way of knowing). If there's something I can do to organize a tournament, I'd gladly do it though.

And I wouldn't mind having a GH battle with you at all if you make it up here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaming Association at Penn State. You know those people with all the board games during HUB Late Nite? That's a small subset of them. There's people - mainly geeky types, but I imagine that shouldn't bother you - who play all kinds of non-video games around campus. Board games, tabletop/D&D, you name it. But a lot of those same people are interested in video games as well, and I know at least a few that took interest in DDR.

In fact, I think there's also a DDR club on campus. It was formed some time in '04-'05, and got an article in the Collegian.
MightBLying  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, emptyset. I haven't been on the boards since the site was created, and the only reason i came back was for The gamestop tourny info. Then i saw this old topic, and was wondering, Did you ever contact the People at Penn State? because i'm a student and i would really be interested in Guitar Hero at the HUB late night thing.

p.s. I may not be as good as you, but at least i play on Expert. Unlike the so called "tournament" at that bar.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightBLying, I don't know if you ended up getting that info, but the one on N. Atherton (by the Wal-Mart and CiCi's) is definitely having a tournament that day. The guy last told me that he had absolutely no details and wouldn't for a week or two, but assured me that they are definitely holding one. If you want to bug them, too, they're at (814) 235-1530.

As far as on-campus tournaments were concerned, I never really got the chance to try to pull anything together, since last semester spiraled out of control quickly in terms of work. I might ask someone again pretty soon about what to do, but I have a lot on my schedule this semester, too. I'll be up for just playing sometime, though, if all else fails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: