Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Story of My Love
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sottle  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any lefties managed to get the two extra SP's, i can't do it, and it's pretty much impossible to grip the whammy bar whilst strumming with an upside down guitar.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Drakken  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fuming inside right now. I must have played this song for a full hour and a half (which is a looooong time to play one song for me), and not once did I get the 2nd extra SP. No matter what I tried, it just WOULD NOT WORK. It's driving me crazy.

The first SP, eh, I got every 6 tries or so. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. There was one streak where I didn't get it like 10+ straight times.

This is really frustrating, as I can't improve my score without getting both of them. Any tips? I'm a righty, so it's not an issue of not being able to strum and whammy at the same time. I'm strumming even a bit before the beat, whammying immediately, and doing the same for the second hold.

Is there a certain angle/position that is more consistent or activates the whammy faster? Sometimes, even if you're whammying at the same time you strum, it kicks in a bit later than other times.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit the note early. That's almost a necessity to get that SP. If you hit it super early and still whammy as soon as you hit it, you should be ok. I also found that I let go of the hold a bit early when I didn't get it, so make sure that you're actually whammying and holding for the entire length of the note. That second one is a bit tempting to let off early, and if you get the SP it's a really really close fit to missing the next note.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Any lefties managed to get the two extra SP's, i can't do it, and it's pretty much impossible to grip the whammy bar whilst strumming with an upside down guitar.

im also a lefty and i also struggle wiv SP extraction, they need to make a lefty SG imo

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I based this on JCirris chart: Sully Story of My Love Hard SP
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, there's clearly a better path since I'm almost 4k off the lead with my path. HALP!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Uh, there's clearly a better path since I'm almost 4k off the lead with my path. HALP!

That is honestly virtually the same path (well, with moving two activations less than a measure) that I used to get 339K. 2nd activation on the 4th R note of m15, and the 6th activation on the YBs of m76 (gotta exploit the 7/4 time). Also, as thekovinc once said, "Whammy, whammy, whammy."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: here's my vid- please tell me where I went wrong to still be 3k down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9jphWhcs4

Are you certain there's not a more glaring difference? I feel that I executed my path pretty well and:

-moving the 2nd activation back a beat and a half looks to net the same amount of notes- get R RGR instead of OBY G?

-it doesn't look like there are enough whammies to mess up that I would have lost 3k worth of notes under sp. I might have lost some hold points during the 1st activation, the 2nd activation is exactly half a bar, poor whammying on the third activation might have cost me a couple of chords, the next two don't have potential for whammy mistakes, I may have lost a chord or two on the sixth activation with poor whammying, and the last activation is very easily whammied to 8 measures. It just doesn't add up.

I guess I'll play it again and see if it works out differently.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
-moving the 2nd activation back a beat and a half looks to net the same amount of notes- get R RGR instead of OBY G?

The only reason I did that is if I happened to whammy particularly better than average, I have a very small chance of squeezing in an extra note there, where you don't with the OBY G.
Sully wrote:
Edit: here's my vid- please tell me where I went wrong to still be 3k down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9jphWhcs4

Are you certain there's not a more glaring difference? I feel that I executed my path pretty well

There's one little difference, and I only realized it now because I never knew there was a whammy on the 2nd SP - move the 1st activation to the RB chords of m8. Whoops.

Your activations and whammying are fine. It's all squeezes...you're getting the note in on the front end but not hitting the chords early enough on the tail end...except for the second activation, I think you missed the squeezes on every other one right on the last chord. I did some quick math and that ends up being around ~2000-2200 in missed points (conservative), so try to be extra sure that you're hitting the last note or chord early.

(As a side note, since I don't have that 2nd SP whammy marked on my chart, and it's not there on Expert...this means I need to replay this...edit...reclaimed 1st)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please create a chart to show what the "optimal"for people that can't whammy the whammy SP's would be?.Both of them I'm really close but cant get and I was wondering what would be the best way around that .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: