ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Symphony Of Destruction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
Yes, people are getting that much of the solo. The solo isn't *really* that hard, just very fast. Honestly the hardest part of the solo to me is the OBYs at the end of it.

I think I've FCed that part once or twice, and also the rest of the second half. After the solo I had something like 146k but I don't remember. It is hard though, I just strum really fast. And the middle section of the solo I think is the easiest. I FC that almost all the time. I think the beginning is the hardest part to FC. I activate sp right at the beginning so that does kind of confuse me. Maybe if I saw the colors it would be easier.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that part the other day too, and I some how got a 3x multiplier in there, dont ask how I have no idea, I'm at about 195ish if I every got 200+ I die from shock.
TIMEforAVOCADO  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that solo cock-blocked me. was able to stumble through it the other day, still something i'll put some time into, not satisfied with the mess i left it in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIMEforAVOCADO wrote:
that solo cock-blocked me.

Cock-blocked. LMAO
TIMEforAVOCADO  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green

maybe it's an aussie thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its so weird that i don't even do that great on Symphony, and I managed to get 133th place.
My friend can't even 5 star this and he's as good as me, and I 6 starred this.
I suck at the solo too. weird.
Amor  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zawisza926 wrote:
This is the SP strategy that I used to net me a 7th place score. I think that it's the solo that stops people from getting amazing scores.

Symphony Of Destruction

I still have found no use for the last SP...maybe Echelar can figure that one out...

I know I'm new around here so nobody will probably care, but.....

I think I found a few errors with this one. Mainly that the length of your activations do not reflect whammying. This causes problems with your second and fourth uses.

The second use should be almost exactly four (correct me if I'm wrong) beats longer, and since it goes that far if you look closer you'll find that using it a measure later will get you three more notes.

The fourth use, if whammied, will go about two beats farther, which covers the next SP. I think, if used during the red hold a little before your usage, it will run out right after you hit the GY chord, gaining the most points. (you may be able to squeeze the red hold and the end GY chord, I'm not sure)

Also, I counted for that last SP usage. Assuming you don't FC the solo, I think your last activation is correct. If you try a 3/2 there instead, you will get 11 less notes by my count, plus the first activation will be before you get a 4x back coming out of the solo.

Again, correct any of my points if they're wrong.
batsmak  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a piece of advice to anyone with trouble with the outside the solo. Instead of using my middle and ring fingers, I use my index and middle fingers just for those notes, and play that section like that. If you are good at sliding your hand, It works well at the part too, but if you aren't, it is hard to get the last note of that.
angusyoungisgod  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this solo is cool, and yet annoying
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last tweak of the day, my head hurts.

Z's path was awhile ago and likely tweaked by many by now.
And Amor, it's not that you're new that we don't care, we don't care because you don't use enough smileys or these things Just kidding obviously. Amor, good tweaks but you coulda gone farther.

Your first tweak of the 2nd activation is right on, move it back a measure and with the squeeze it is 5 more notes than what Z charted.

In my chart I moved the 3rd activation up 1 beat to pick up another squeeze.

Your 4th act. tweak was good as well, move it back several beats.

Going 3-2 at the end is actually 10.5 more notes but we can round that to 11 because everything is better if it goes to 11(say that with an english accent please). You didn't specify the start points which didn't matter for the 3 sp activation and for the 2 activation you want to just squeeze in the final chord of the song. And I agree this ending is best for players like me who can't solo for sh*t.

EDIT: OK refer to the tired head hurt thing. Been a member since Sept 06 and it just dawned on me now to look at top scores page and see a video. What a dumbsh*t. Emptyset has the right path (swear I didn't look at it before typing all this stuff) and it is 4.5 more notes to go with a 3 at the end instead of 2-2. Start on the chord in meas. 108. His video could still use the 2nd activation tweak Amor mentioned.

But if someone where to FC this bad boy (and apparently 3 have)(shakes fist in jealous rage), the most note path is (and I could be wrong) 3-2-2-3-3
3 - first chord meas. 18
2 - first chord meas. 36
2 - next note
3 - Any of the first 5 notes after the R sustain that begins meas. 79
3 - chord in meas. 108

Unless I counted wrong, this is 38 notes more than Amor which is 11 notes more than Z's original which is what about 7K more. FC'ers may have already figured this out.

So Emptyset's video path tweaked is
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4097/exsymphonyofdestructionps4.jpg
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, uh... Where's the SP path for this? I checked all 4 pages of thise thread, I found only 1 SP path, and the link was broken. (It lead to a "this image has been moved or removed" sign)

So, what's the path for this? I just got a 99%, -2 notes. If I'm gonna FC this, I wanna have a good SP path.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go to debr's site for all the paths, it's the best way to be sure that you have the right one.

http://www.bradleyzoo.com

Click: guitar hero crud - Guitar Hero 1 - Expert - Symphony of Destruction, with your choice of amount of squeezage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: