Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RocketMan's Progress
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: RocketMan's Progress Reply with quote

Everyone else has one...I (finally) need one too!!!
In all reality, this will probably turn more into a Progress Journal (along with an area to keep track of my goals) than an "accomplishment" thread. I've tried to keep track of what I have going on in each game/difficulty...and tried to keep track of goals, but every time I look at them...they change. So, this seems more "official" to me...and a lot easier to keep track of. So, here it goes...

Latest Accomplishments
GH1 ~ Added 1,126,858 points to my Hard score, Raised rank to 327th (4-9/10-08)
GH2 ~ Raised Hard Overall rank to 794th (PS2...979th Globally) (4-7-08)
Finished up Expert...added a total of 5,071,262 Points, Raised rank to 5,164th (4-20-08)
GH80's ~ Haven't played it in a while...so nothing yet
GH3 ~ Added 1,390,412 points and gained 163 spots in Overall Rank (488th to 325th...PS2 rank) (3-16 to 3-24-08)

Goals and Info
GH1
Medium ~ Missing 4 FC's (Cowboys From Hell, Bark at the Moon, Decontrol, and Fly on the Wall)
Expert ~ 1 FC ... I haven't played GH1 Expert FOREVER!!!
GAME GOALS ~ Make a pass through Easy. Medium needs to be fully FC'd. Expert needs a run through...then re-evaluated for new goal.

GH2
Medium ~ Missing 4 FC's (Institutionalized, Hangar 18, Raw Dog, and The Light that Blinds)
GAME GOALS ~ Easy needs to have a run through to bump up overall rank. Medium...pick up the remaining FC's.

GH 80's
Medium ~ Missing 1 FC (Play With Me)
Hard ~ Missing 1 5* (Play With Me)
Expert ~ Missing 1 song to "beat" (Play With Me)
GAME GOALS ~ "Obvious" ^^^^ (4-10-08...tried to do both Hard and Expert, but to no avail)

GH 3
Easy ~ FC all
Medium ~ FC as many as possible (using SP Paths)
Hard ~ "Maintain" current Rank
Expert ~ Pass

I'll update this post with new "accomplishments" as they roll in. My current focus is on Hard Ranks...I'm planning to get to Expert next. Eventually...I'll get to Easy and Medium, but no time in the immediate future, except GH3, I want to get them "done".

Last edited by RocketMan on Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:03 am; edited 7 times in total
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked on the 7 and 8th tiers and the first few Bonus songs. Added 296,721 points to my GH2 Hard score. Moved up to 864th in PS2 Rank. I had a goal of 850th in rank...so, I think I'll move it up to 800th for now.

Also, added my 10th FC...Elephant Bones. That one should have been done a while ago, don't know what took so long!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished up with the middle section of the bonus songs (through Red Lottery...though, I might try to beat my score again ).
Picked up my 11th FC (Parasite - It felt like a sightread FC because I haven't played that song in almost a year! ) Anyway, added 149,188 points and moved up 39 spots, to 825th Overall PS2 rank (1013th Globally).

I'm thinking I should be able to get into the 700's somewhere. I still have a few "big" songs to go (Six, Thunderhorse)...so, hopefully I can grab a bunch more points there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your progress!

You'll be getting that 800th place in no time, I'm sure of it. Also, nice work with those FC's dude.

Btw, I find it kinda weird that you have 3.9 stars on Thunderhorse, and already 5 stars on Jordan Is is the strumming section that gets you? With the rhythmic changes?

-DZJB
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Wow, what is it about Thunderhorse? Cant really tell you...I think its just a little of everything. I think it'll be just a little bit of work (or alot, whatever). I've spent WAY more time on Jordan...to get the 5*...than I have on any of the other sub 5* songs. Why?...because its Jordan Anyway...so with any luck (time and practice) I should hopefully be able to bump it up close to a 5* (hopefully!)
The other song that I'll be spending some time on is Six. I'd like to get that 5*'d as well. I guess the next couple of days will tell.

Lastly, I forgot to post what my starting stats were...so this seems to be an alright time to do so...
13,035,829points...1079th PS2 rank, 1309th Global rank...9 FC's
Just for reference when I'm "done"...just to see how much I improved.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job RocketMan...Try not to get too good!

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm trying not to. You know...taking over 1st for everything would be kinda rude. I like to keep it real!!!

LMAO...ohhhh, even at my own joke!!! LOL*sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally did it. Ranked 794th PS2 GH2 Hard rank (979th Globally)!!!
I know it might sound odd...but I think I'm going to leave it as is for now. I've passed my original goal...and passed my new one. Kinda getting sick of the songs...so, its best to move on.
Anyway...I ended up adding 124,942 points to my score. No, Thunderhorse nor Six got 5*d...Just cant do it yet.
So, all in all I've had a good run through...total I've added 897,473 points and gained a total of 285 spots in rank. Hmmm...to try to get 102,527 more points to make it an even 1,000,000 points added. Nah, I think I'll leave 'em for another day.

Well...off to GH1 Hard work.
My starting stats are...
8,087,402 Points ... 672nd Rank ... 8 FC's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That a good increase man!

You'll get those 5*'s in time. And if you take some time of and come back later, you'll be better than before.

And good luck with GH1H

-DZJB
Tacoz  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck on play with me its a bitch

dude... i am calling an FC before summer hits
everyone... mark my words... TTFAF will be FCed by chris before summer

for future refrence
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: tacoz1337
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DZJB wrote:
That a good increase man!

You'll get those 5*'s in time. And if you take some time of and come back later, you'll be better than before.

And good luck with GH1H

-DZJB

Thanks again. Yeah, thats kind of what I have planned. In the big picture, I need to make my runs through Expert in all the games...that should improve my skill, then I'll be able to come back to Hard and pick up those 5* with "ease"!!!

Tacoz wrote:
good luck on play with me its a bitch

Yeah...it is. It'll be a little while before I get to it...but I hope to 5* it in Hard, and just Pass it in Expert!!! Hopefully before the next League Season starts I'll have it done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-Hoo...I'm so happy right now!!! I played my songs for the rivalries that I'm in and I pulled this out the hat...
The Number of the Beast...Hard...5*
All in all, I added an additional 127,900 points into GH3 Hard!!! Woo-Hoo!!! Thus raising me back up to 725th overall rank. I had slipped to 337th.

And, I got in a little GH1 Hard tonight. Not much to write home about...got No One Knows 5* (I guess thats a little exciting ) Anyway...just played a few main setlist songs that I didn't have pics for. Ended up adding 68,035 points to the total and moving up to 649th Rank.
Looking at my scores...I wonder where I'll end up once I run through the entire setlist. ??? My guess is around 350-400.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-Hoo...had another productive night.
Added 702,776 points to my GH1 Hard score!!! ...also moved up to 450th Rank. I only played 9 songs...leaving 5 more bonus songs for tomorrow. Looking like 350th rank is going to be very achievable...I think I only need something like 330,000 points, which is possible. Another thing about what I added tonight, was that the songs were basically "sightread". I haven't played them for over a year...so the note charts were not familiar AT ALL. About the only disappointment for the evening was missing Farewell Myth FC by one note...sad thing is that I don't even know where I missed it!!! One last thing...I think The Breaking Wheel will be my hard song in GH1...just cant get down the timing or strumming.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see some progress from the person who knocked me out in season 8. keep it up Rocketman.
5* expert(including bonus songs)[]
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...Yeah, as the League wound down, I looked at my scores and knew they were not a good representation of my skill. So, I decided to kick it in the butt and work on it.
I'm kind of worried where I'll end up in the Leagues this Season. I've improved so much since the start of last season!!! I had actually thought about bumping myself up to Expert...but I don't think I'm ready for that kind of humiliation!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: