ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Romanticide's Acc. Thread (WoR: XVox FGFC!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Romanticide's Acc. Thread (WoR: XVox FGFC!) Reply with quote

Think I'll clean this thread up too now that WoR is out and I have it. I could say a lot of things, but I really do feel it's the best GH game yet. It's definitely the best vocals game because the engine feels wonderful. Guitar is good too, but there are some songs I will never pass outside of Quest. Ah well, I'm having fun with the game, which is what matters.

Gileh is my Twitter account, in case anyone decides to follow it. I put it here because I'll probably tweet what I feel my best achievements are. So that'll be a Bohemian Rhapsody FC (when I get that lololol) and maybe some other cool stuff.

Anyway, on to some achievements.

1/29/11
Vocals:

GH:WoR FGFC! Nothing truly impressive (well, ToH, I guess) was left, so I decided to save it for one huge update.

I'm simply too lazy to charge batteries, more so when the game itself keeps track of 100% (and doesn't have a 99% glitch), so there won't be many pics. Still, made sure to get all the important pics; I think I'm good.

I can't recall what number Tones of Home was. Probably got it soon after Bohemian Rhapsody, just to get it out of the way. I can't really say if it was tougher or not than the aforementioned song; both require different skill sets. I'd still say it and BoRhap are the toughest songs, but to each his or her own. Anyway, here is the pic.

FC #91 was Fascination Street. It's fun to sing. OH WAIT. Except there is so much dead air in the song that it's no longer fun. Anyway, a pic of that too for posterity. Not like this is hard.

Also, some other notes on songs while I'm here:

NO MORE MR. NICE GUY. FUCK. YOUR. SHIT. Learned the song? Random phrases throughout are all like LOL I TROLL YOU *solid*. Hit everything? Well, there's the last note, which for some reason I would count as one of the tougher phrases for me to hit. Was #90 due to me not really trying and all its shit.

Presentation is an epic troll. Not so much that I think it's super hard; it's a finicky song. Dunno if I'd get this in a tighter engine.

Cryin' is IMO one of the 5-7 hardest songs. Has a wide range, short phrases, a lot of phrases, etc. Took me a fair while to get down, compared to many songs.

I'd probably rank the hardest songs like so:
1) Bohemian Rhapsody/Tones of Home
3) No More Mr. Nice Guy
4) Presentation
5) Cryin'
6) Stray Cat Blues
7) Get Free
8) Motivation
9) There's No Secrets This Year
10) This Day We Fight (I kinda see how it could be hard - though I'm an lolWii guy)

Personal experience. It's all subjective, anyway.

The 80s songs are amongst the most fun to sing. See: Modern Day Cowboy, Fascination Street (in spite of LOL DEAD AIR), Indians, Money For Nothing, etc.

2112 is awesome for everyone. Except the vocalist. I love the idea of including the album and the music rules, but I'll try my damnedest to avoid singing any part of it again.

12/18/10
Let's start with the small, unimportant shit.

Vocals:

Random DLC stuffs:
-Bloodmeat. Yeah, totally not worthy of a 9. Took me maybe twenty minutes?

-Drive. Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy. Easier still considering I knew the song.

On-disc:

-Pour Some Sugar On Me. This is... hard? How? I would have gotten it sightread if not for the "yeah" phrases, I'm sure.

-Graduate. Easiest 3EB song in a game yet, by far. Jumper was harder, as are both versions of Semi-Charmed Life.

-There's No Secrets This Year. Fucking chorus made me miss at least 23948932589 times. It's finicky as hell; there really isn't anything tough about this song.

Oh, finally.

Bohemian Rhapsody FC

Once I actually sat down and started LEARNING THIS CHART, as opposed to being intimidated by it because it's Bohemian Rhapsody and because the RB3 chart is harder to pull off than that damn convoluted plot in Inception, it came... fairly easy. Still had some trouble with stuff from "never, never, never ever let you go" (or w/e) to "for MEEEEEEEEEE". Oh, and choked "Nothing really matters to me" TWICE. I raged pretty hard.

I wonder if I should see how my style on GH's chart translates to RB3, IF it does.

Still a pretty epic FC, but it took nowhere near as long as shit like Tangled Up in Blue or Spoonman, on the blue side.

11/13/10
I've started to notice I've only been singing while drinking. Gotta change that little habit. I'll definitely get some more in this week, assuming I don't decide to watch every Ghost in the Shell episode ever, but for now...

Vocals:
-I'm Broken. Not horribly bad. Pretty much an easier TDWF.

-Money For Nothing. Really like every Dire Straits song in a game thus far; should check out more of the band. Anyway, it's a pretty easy song until the ending.

-Lasso. True sightread FC, aka "I didn't try this in RB3 first". Don't think I've gotten one of those in a while. Certainly not on a song with actual pitches. Anyway, it's a pretty fun little song to sing, and the vocals are really the only thing I like about it.

-Jet City Woman. Easy, but the last "you're the air to me" gave me problems. Since it's near the end, I practiced that so I wouldn't choke away almost 5 minutes of singing. Got the song... the next time I got that far, w00t.

11/4/10
Vocals:
Suffocated
Cherry Bomb
Bodies
The Outsider
This Day We Fight (lolWii, I guess)
The Feel Good Drag
Fortunate Son
Bat Country

10/29/10
Vocals:
FCed a few songs.

Again
Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants
How You Remind Me
Ravenous
Dancing Through Sunday
6th-12th: the "Cakewalk" tier.
Deadfall
Machinehead
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Guitar:
Beat Quest, got free GHM imports, passed Widow.

Last edited by Romanticide on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:36 am; edited 122 times in total
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. Us Hard players have to stick together-Outnumbered by Expert players everywhere...

This might help you plan out what FC's to go for next...
Hard FC Breakdown
It has Expert and Medium too...

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for that thread earlier. I must have missed it or searched wrong. Thanks for the list and the post. Some of the lower ones are obtainable, and I'll start knocking them off soon, I hope. =)

Strangely enough, I'm far, far closer to a HiC FC than a lot of the others below it. My best run on the song is -5.
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new FCs. How is Prayer of the Refugee #34 in the hard breakdown? Maybe the chorus and/or the somewhat fast strumming. Oh well. I'm happy I got it; it's my favorite GH3 song.
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping for a few more FCs and five stars. I guess breaks from GH do help.
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these dates put into perspective how little GH3 I played recently.

Anyway, bump for new stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for GHAX beaten and my poor left hand falling off.

..Okay, it's still attached, but ow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice accomplishments, nice to see another hard player. I refuse to play Expert after i beat it (hopefully someday) i just like the hard charts better.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: straty1899
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm primarily a hard player because I find it more fun and less strenuous than expert. It's challenging enough without being a difficulty that makes me bash my head against the wall. Maybe I'll get good enough some year to play expert well on guitar/drums/vocals. Who knows? But I am the kind of player who loves seeing what he can do on all difficulties in all his games.

I haven't even had a chance to play any GH recently. The only time I touched it in the past week was in the MoA, twice, and I sucked for various reasons. But I'm at home, with my own setup. I won't suck so hard when I play again.

Anyway, thanks. I do agree, it is always nice to see another hard player. There are too few of them, but that is to be expected.

Oh, the only notable thing on hard I did as of late was get that last 5 star, on JPGB. I think it was sheer luck, but I have noticed improvements on the song overall.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping for some new, impressive (to me, anyway) hard FCs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can has a first expert FC?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the accomplishments. I am just now getting good enough at hard to get some FCs. Good to see another hard player holding it down. congrats again on the accs.
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stona wrote:
Congrats on the accomplishments. I am just now getting good enough at hard to get some FCs. Good to see another hard player holding it down. congrats again on the accs.

You'll get better once you get some of the easy FCs under your belt, as you're working on, and you'll be surprised at how fast you DO get better. Good luck and thanks.

There is a fair number of us holding it down. Check out the ultimate hard FC group, if you haven't already.

Oh, and a couple more sweet accomplishments.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for existen...

Nah, I mean my TIKI!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't even make it to the solo for existen...

But, seriously. Awesome job on getting that Tiki. RaBl can be a real pain to 5*, especially if you're like me and are inconsistent at most of the harder songs.

I was looking at your scores page an noticed we had the same number of Hard 5*s (67). I wasn't planning on chasing them down for a little while, but perhaps you'd be interested in making them into a bit of competition?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: