ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Love Rock & Roll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Medium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: I Love Rock & Roll Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri can you please help me out here? I think you have the top score for this song (116000+ ? That's amazing!)

My current best is 112608. Now i know it should be +400 because on this attempt when i activated the first SP (just before the end of the long whammy note) it stopped too early and i missed two reds before the next RY-RG-RG SP notes (you know the ones right?). Here's what i do for the rest of the song. After i collect those SP notes, i get the next YRG SP and activate, skipping the following YRG SP because i need it to end before the long SP note. I whammy the long note, and activate about halfway through the verse, so that i miss the RGGR (i think that's right) SP notes at the beginning of the solo. My SP ends pretty much immediately after that so i can pick up the other SP notes at the beginning of the solo, but i don't activate, i wait for the long R SP at the end of the solo, whammy and activate near the end. This takes me through the runs of Gs, Rs and Ys and then stops so i can pick up the SP notes straight after. After this its business as usual, i collect the SP near the end and activate.

If you don't mind, are there any tips you can give me for getting a higher score on this song?
End  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy if he dosnt help ya out will do that song next in our Medium rivalry
I got 11th in this song right now but only remeber the starting SP use so playing it again competitivly I should be able to get it again and let ya know.
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound man, i think we're doing All of This (did you post a Trippolette score?) but we could do that next. Although honestly i hate the damn song! 11th though, that's amazing!
MucusMaximus  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any star path pattern that could help me out my ranking blows and I always seem to end up lacking.
Samson007  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im basically done with medium so I suppose I could start giving out some paths where needed.

2 (full whammy) - Use 3 beats before you see the chords

2 - Use immidiately. You have to use it before the next note or you will miss the next one.

1 (full whammy) - Use on the next note

3 (full whammy) - This is tricky to time right. In order to get all of the notes before the next star power you have to use it somewhere from 2-4 beats into the hold. It depends on your whammy skill.

2- Next note

If followed perfectly hitting all the squeezes you should come close to first.

brilohr7  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty samson
thetubaman  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

activation with 3 SPs is giving me trouble its always Late but when i did it early i missed about 7 notes that could have been under SP i think because i had about 3K less then optimal....
aaron130  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: HELP!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hey Everyone!!
I am VERY new to this site and I was hoping someone can help me learn to read these song charts. I dont ubnderstand at all!! I dont see how it tells you where to use the star poer and whammy. I see the stars on the chart but when do you activate for maximum score? Any help is MUCH appreciated!!
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

aaron130 wrote:
Hey Everyone!!
I am VERY new to this site and I was hoping someone can help me learn to read these song charts. I dont ubnderstand at all!! I dont see how it tells you where to use the star poer and whammy. I see the stars on the chart but when do you activate for maximum score? Any help is MUCH appreciated!!

The ones provided in the links in the OP post for each thread are just blank templates - they show the layout of the song, where you get SP, measures, etc, but have not had any indication added of where to activate and so on. Generally when making a path chart for personal use or sharing, users take these files and then draw / colour on to them the SP phrase gets and activations; if anyone's released their paths you'd likely find them linked in a reply on the relevant song/difficulty's thread.

As for this thread it doesn't seem anyone has posted one on here... But yeah, the ones linked in the top posts are just blank charts without any markings put on to be used / modified however the user then wishes, for reference, pathing or whatever.

EDIT:

Almost forgot!

For complete pathing information on almost any song ever (Newer ones for GH3 and so on I think haven't been released yet to give people time to try to figure paths and compete on their own), check out the following site:

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/

Complete program-determined optimal star power paths for every game, every song, every difficulty, it even provides different path styles based on how good you are at whammying / squeezing (a topic for another thread). They're put up by debr5836, an awesome user here who developed a program called spopt.pl that can automatically determine optimal paths... Should have everything you're looking for there (except for GH3 song paths, which will be released I believe January 28th).

Hope this helped.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it helps EXTREMLY thank you VERY MUCH!!!
DrSham  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have managed to hit the optimal score based on debr's 100% path of 116,672 BUT did this missing a tick on the 4th activation and picking up an extra tick at the end.

If anyone can hit xx,x96 (best I can manage is xx,x92) after the 4th activation then AT LEAST 116,676 is possible, just not by me .

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

116,680 is supposed optimal, but as long as no one beats the current tied high score, I'm not going for any more ticks. I hate this song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Medium All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: