ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH2 - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking to Confury and finding out that we are having trouble with the same squeezes, I'm more confident that I have a shot at actually advancing to the finals.

Also, on the very very minute chance that we tie, what would happen?

2-man sack race on consecutive Sundays until a winner is crowned?
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eblp4life wrote:
After talking to Confury and finding out that we are having trouble with the same squeezes, I'm more confident that I have a shot at actually advancing to the finals.

Also, on the very very minute chance that we tie, what would happen?

2-man sack race on consecutive Sundays until a winner is crowned?

Surely you would need more play-offs first...

Seriously though, highest seed wins.
YetiPirate  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
YetiPirate wrote:
good luck to ya viper, i'm pretty positive you can win this.

thank you im feeling great because in the past few weeks my skill has randomly jumped as i beat TDWDTG without using SP till Vic Solo R, beat Jordan, and beat RaBl while never even stepping into yellow on crowd meter and i didnt use SP in Mosh 1 where as b4 i could very inconsistantly pass RaBl

o also yesterday i FCed Madhouse but a bit too late for leagues

IWillKickU wrote:
^^ Same exact thing happened to me.

I worked my ass off on that song, and I beat everyone's scores except the guy I was up against, Vipergtsr. I feel like I could have improved last night, but my whammy crapped out on me and spent most of the night trying (in vain) to repair it. I ended up only getting a couple runs in before it died, so even if I had made it through, I don't think that I would have gone any farther. Especially since I SUCK at Rock this Town.

It's been fun.

Good luck to everyone other than Vipergtsr

jk.

sorry IWKU, better luck next season and as i stated above, my skill jumped randomly

but it works out since you suck at RTT and im pretty good at it

99% here we come but i seriously doubt i could pull this FC out of my ass in 1 day, maybe ill get lucky but i doubt it

also PHEW! i was scared when my power went out and almost didnt get a chance to get my scores

good luck to all 3 of the very skilled players left but i think since i gave the boot to IWKU and Yeti is out, ive got good chances to win this unless im overlooking someone

since i let GH1 Expert go, and have GH2 Hard D2 in the bag(very easy), i really want to win this one since ive actually worked hard at it

you couldn't consistantly do mosh 1 before?
i regularly FC that.... but im still looking for that five star

whatever, i still have like 7 weeks to live without any guitar hero of any sort.
=[

GH2X-4 S9
Season Points Winner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: AngryYetiPirate
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvisReborn wrote:
arvain wrote:
by saying "In my opinion, I think the finals might have come early!", what do you mean exactly, i'm not sure i understand well sorry

I meant this as, entirely in my opinion, that our match will be the closest, most decisive one, therefore I believe the winner here has a very good chance of winning this whole thing, with the top 2 seeds remaining going at it This match could be closer and more interesting than the finals match, which is why I said that (no offense to Faldion or rube at all, whoever makes it to the finals has just as good chance as either of us to win)

Anyways, goodluck to all!

ok, i was not totally sure, but that's what i understood i agree, it's going to be very close ^^ as i said yesterday, my score in already in, and i won't get any better even if i try but still, i believe it's good enough ^^ so you'll have to do your best too in my opinion ! i can't wait for sunday morning (yeah it's saturday at midnight, but here we see the results hours later...around 6-7am...). good luck to all of you !
mac246  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvisReborn wrote:

Now I got the FC on Madhouse(was completely stoked by the way ), but, no offense to mac at all, I may have not even needed to FC it. I played as though I was playing the most difficult opponent out there, and if he beats me, I still know I did my best and that I am very proud of my score

Glad to see you were able to get the FC man I went back this morning to get it you still would have beat me. Also isn't that how you should play all of your matches, Like you're going up against the Very Best.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Razgriz Merc PSN Name: hobo90
ElvisReborn  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac246 wrote:
ElvisReborn wrote:

Now I got the FC on Madhouse(was completely stoked by the way ), but, no offense to mac at all, I may have not even needed to FC it. I played as though I was playing the most difficult opponent out there, and if he beats me, I still know I did my best and that I am very proud of my score

Glad to see you were able to get the FC man I went back this morning to get it you still would have beat me. Also isn't that how you should play all of your matches, Like you're going up against the Very Best.

Yeah, I think that is how you should always play, with your best ability and playing like you are going up against the best. Grats on your FC! You had a good score for yourself already, and you were even able to push yourself further, that is what I think these leagues are all about.

Like arvain, judging from what you are saying, I am pretty worried I'll be out this round But, I am already happy with how I am doing on the song, so regardless of if I *think* you got that FC or not , I am still going to be proud of how much I improved this season and how far I got in the playoffs Best of luck to ya!
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvisReborn wrote:

Like arvain, judging from what you are saying, I am pretty worried I'll be out this round But, I am already happy with how I am doing on the song, so regardless of if I *think* you got that FC or not , I am still going to be proud of how much I improved this season and how far I got in the playoffs Best of luck to ya!

that's the spirit ^^
and humm.....yeah, i can say i improved a LOT too !! amazing how you think you've reached your limits, but after months you come back and beat all the scores you thought were optimal (including RTT ^^)...in the first 2 weeks of the league, i think i improved more than half of my scores...500k or something like that jumped from 6XX th to top 400 and i've not played every song...and haven't uploaded all my new scores yet
reeeaaaaally glad i signed up for gh2X it was worth it !!!
nageekster  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Nobody reads this, do they? I sure don't. Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:

good luck to all 3 of the very skilled players left but i think since i gave the boot to IWKU and Yeti is out, ive got good chances to win this unless im overlooking someone

You're overlooking ME!!! I'm gonna bring you DOWN!

jk, you'll probably destroy me, but I'm still trying!

(I'm just glad that I made it as far as I did.)
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Nobody reads this, do they? I sure don't. Reply with quote

nageekster wrote:
vipergtsr7588 wrote:

You're overlooking ME!!! I'm gonna bring you DOWN!

jk, you'll probably destroy me, but I'm still trying!

(I'm just glad that I made it as far as I did.)

dont count yourself out, just work at FCing each section of RTT,

if this sounds undoable to you, then just do your best because RTT is one of those songs that doesnt have any too difficult fingerings to do; it just requires you to get down the rhythms

the way i get down rhythms for sections is take them to practice and only practice on slower and full speed; never slowest or slow as those are for getting fingerings down

if you dont have the fingerings down then you get that down 1st on slowest and slower, then get down the rhythm and never touch slow when practicing this song

this is my way of practicing this song and its possible you need a different method but i suggest you at least try this for a tiny bit

remember NO SLOW

good luck and hope to see you improve yourself as a player even if only a tiny bit
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Breninator  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see the results for this round, I did much better on RTT than I thought I would. Good luck christiano, and to everyone else in the semifinals as well.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arterial black ewww

one of my favorite songs on GH2 and my favorite solo out of any GH game but i have yet to hit the solo in a real run and im inconsistent with a few parts

good luck whoever im up against and no hard feelings either way from this end, hope its the same on the other end

PS: 400th post
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arterial Black?

I hope I lost. I had to play that song back in Season 5 Finals.

I never improved my score after Thursday, because I spent time with my lady yesterday and today. Way better than trying to squeeze points.

Good Luck in the finals, Confury.
Squigglejoe  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Arterial Black as the final song? I expected it to be Hangar or Jordan or something..

Anyway, unsure If I'll make the finals yet due to my RTT score not being the best, and I know my opponent is very capable of outsqueezing me so we'll see what happens! Good luck vank, also to Confury and eblp

Guitar Hero 1: 33/47
Guitar Hero 2: 63/64
Guitar Hero 80's: 26/30
Guitar Hero 3: 67/70

Total: 189/211

Currently working on: GH2X score improvements/Jordan

Current Jordan Score: 466099

Most recent score improvements:
26/8 John The Fisherman (+8)
3/8 Bad Reputation (+204)
31/7 Tattooed Love Boys (+127)
30/7 Surrender (+112)
22/7 Bad Reputation (+24)
3/7 Jordan (+15211)
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot ! i really hope i made it to the finals (Elvis, did you fc RTT after all or not?), cause Arterial black is one of my favourite songs on gh2 (even if i lost i'll play it). i figured out the other day how to hit those solos and alsmot hit them each time (well, solo B is trickier than A with those ho-pos and strums!). not looking for an fc anyway (before last chorus, there's another part that i've never hit), but i hope i'll beat my score
good luck to rube or faldion if i'm still in, and if i'm out, still good luck to you and Elvis you can win !
christiano27  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgh, Arterial Black....

I was hoping for a tougher song as I've been practicing the last few tier recently, ah well!

When do the results go up for the final?

Good luck Breninator although I think you've beaten be, maybe just by a little I just have a weird feeling I haven't quite done enough but that was definately the highest score I could have hoped for at the time and I've not had much time to play it anymore but who cares? I've really enoyed this League so hats off to the people who made this happen and ood luck everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: