ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Number of the Beast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Medium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly doubt that it's optimal, but this gets you close to it.

3-1st RB chord
2-next note
2(up for debate)-1st G in 118
2-5th YB

Got me 229K, so I can't see too much wrong with this.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
Highly doubt that it's optimal, but this gets you close to it.

3-1st RB chord
2-next note
2(up for debate)-1st G in 118
2-5th YB

Got me 229K, so I can't see too much wrong with this.

I activated a few notes earlier (right after the blue hold) and also got 229k. It's also easier to activate.

rkcr  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way it would be beneficial to do the third activation later than the start of 117 is if you can squeeze ticks out of that B hold in 121. Since you have four measures exactly, the best you can do is activate at last note of 117 and squeeze the living daylights out of it. However, since hold points don't start accruing until after the start of the note (i.e. you can't squeeze hold points by hitting the note early) you have to hit the Y in 117 sometime after 1/16th of the when it is on the screen. To be honest I don't know the timing windows, but you really won't get many ticks (if any are even possible).

</debate>
davash  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Question: Reply with quote

These figures are assuming that i FC this song right?
InsolentWill  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Question: Reply with quote

davash wrote:
These figures are assuming that i FC this song right?

That is correct, davash

~iw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:
However, since hold points don't start accruing until after the start of the note (i.e. you can't squeeze hold points by hitting the note early)

Please tell me if I am interpreting this correctly, because I have wondered this since playing, and I am only now really getting into the scoring aspects of the game:

When you hit a sustain early, you accrue the points for the hitting of the note, but you never receive any ticks until you pass the proper starting point of that note. Therefore, when squeezing, you are only squeezing ticks when your squeeze allows your SP to reach past this proper starting point, and in such instances, when you know your SP is going to pass this point, hitting the sustain early does you no good, except in assuring that you lose absolutely no ticks.

Also, I hate solo1, but the path above did help me improve my score. (Still a little shy of 200k.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihixul wrote:
rkcr wrote:
However, since hold points don't start accruing until after the start of the note (i.e. you can't squeeze hold points by hitting the note early)

Please tell me if I am interpreting this correctly, because I have wondered this since playing, and I am only now really getting into the scoring aspects of the game:

When you hit a sustain early, you accrue the points for the hitting of the note, but you never receive any ticks until you pass the proper starting point of that note. Therefore, when squeezing, you are only squeezing ticks when your squeeze allows your SP to reach past this proper starting point, and in such instances, when you know your SP is going to pass this point, hitting the sustain early does you no good, except in assuring that you lose absolutely no ticks.

Also, I hate solo1, but the path above did help me improve my score. (Still a little shy of 200k.)

For GH:III, hitting sustains early is very beneficial. What you said would be true for GH1 and GH2, but GH3 works differently. In GH3, ticks begin accumulating as soon as you hit the note. Therefore, the earlier you hit the sustain, the more ticks you recieve under SP. Also, when hitting sustains late, the ticks begin accumlating whenever you hit the note, and progress at the standard pace until the very end of the note, when all of the ticks that were missed by hitting the sustain late get thrown in all at once at the end, resulting in a massive tick burst at the very end of the sustain. This can be helpful in executing reverse tick squeezes. Hit the sustain as late as possible, so when you activate during the sustain, you get the tick burst at the end of it under SP.

I think that pretty much covers it without going too in depth, hope that helps you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so where do you activate 3rd set of star powers
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: donovan3995
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donovan3995 wrote:
so where do you activate 3rd set of star powers

Well it depends on what path you are using...

but if you are using the 3-2-2-2 path, then the third activation starts on the note right after the long blue sustain...

if you want it in picture form...

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh3-ps2/medium/numberofthebeast.sixty-zero.best.png

And i know that the third activation starts on the red note... but if you move it to the yellow after the blue sustain then its easier to activate

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Medium All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: