ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SG Paint Job! check it out :D - Finished with pics.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenSeraph  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: SG Paint Job! check it out :D - Finished with pics. Reply with quote

I hope nobody has posted the same design as this before but here is my SG Punisher paint job so far. It's my first time painting anything like this but so far it seems to have turned out good.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hopefully tomorrow ill get finished with fret buttons and get a pic of them alone and them maybe ill get to putting the guitar back together.

My plan for the fret buttons is all black with a skull on each button.

I also need to get the nose of the skull onto the strumbar, im trying to decide wether i should hand paint the nose or tape it off and spray it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Edit:
Here's the Fret Buttons:

didn't have much time to work on this today but i'll deffinitely have the SG assembled for another pic.

Edit 2:
Finished product pictures!!! I would have had them up sooner but my grandma was over this weekend, anyways here they are, hope you like it.

I'm having problems with my frets sticking so im going to go buy some Lithium Grease to lube them up, hopefully that will fix my problem.

Last edited by FallenSeraph on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FallenSeraph214
igcrush7  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet man. that looks sick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHH I WANT IT!!! /jealous

Awesome job!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind me asking, what was the process you went about using? I've seen a few different ways from people.

EDIT: Sweet job, by the way. I hit post too quick sometimes.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
zzzzzz  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that looks sick bro, can't wait to see the finished version!
Rorschach  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher was an abortion of a series...

...but that guitar looks totally awesome. I want to put the Calvert bars on my SG...and on my real Explorer...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, what was the process you went about using? I've seen a few different ways from people.

Ummm...i had some trouble with the skull. First I switched out the pick guard from the GH2 version (My brother wanted a white pick guard for some reason) so the body would be all black. Then I was hoping I could just use the skull pattern i made out of cardboard to just spray the skull onto the guitar but it ended up bleeding under neath the pattern.

Since that didnt work but i had a really sloppy skull pattern on the guitar i just made a pattern that would cover up the part of the skull i wanted to keep but this time i cut it a little bit smaller than the actual size. Then i put tape around all of the edges and cut it to match the original size of the pattern. Then i put it on the guitar and painted black around it.

Im sure if i used much lighter coats of spray paint that i would have ended up not having to make a skull pattern taped off at edges in order to stop the paint from bleeding through. But it worked out.

Oh and i left the pick guard on the whole time so i wouldnt have to deal with matching it up when painting them seperately. If i wasnt painting a pattern over both bparts of the body i would have taken the pick guard off and painted them sepperately.

BTW: check out the fret buttons
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FallenSeraph214
Mordred  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW WILL YOU KNOW WHAT COLOR THE BUTTONS ARE?

Just kidding. Nice paint job man.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Touch on the buttons .
Awesome
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: systemrage
Sakst82  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what kind of paint did you use? and how many coats ? and did u sand? or prime? or put any kind of gloss or finish? I read some people used automotive paint. sorry for so many questions I just want to paint my SG and I don't want to screw it up

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude that's awesome XD <333 The Punisher... I can't wait to see the final result
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was a bully I would go to your house and take your SG...and your lunch money. lol jk But on a serious note, lets see the whole setup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakst82 wrote:
so what kind of paint did you use? and how many coats ? and did u sand? or prime? or put any kind of gloss or finish? I read some people used automotive paint. sorry for so many questions I just want to paint my SG and I don't want to screw it up

i went to wal-mart and bought spray paint, it said something about plasti-coat on the bottle so i thought it would be better for this, and then i bought a can of clear gloss overcoat which should protect the paint.

i didnt sand at all and so far it seems fine, im having a little trouble with the strum bar though.

I didnt go for the highest quality stuff because i was convince i would screw this up somehow. But if you want high quality there is this spray paint called Krylon and there is no need to sand or primer before use and i dont think you even need to put a clear finish over it. From what ive heard it really nice and doesnt feel like paint after its dry, it feels like plastic.

so if your gonna do this go for the krylon paint.

deshtruction wrote:
If I was a bully I would go to your house and take your SG...and your lunch money. lol jk But on a serious note, lets see the whole setup

i was hoping i could assemble it this weekend, but my grandma surprised us and she showed up at my house (my dad, my mom and my birthday are coming up on the 12th, 13th, and 14th) so i really dont want to be at my house cuz she is freaking out about me turning 18....

not exactly sure when ill have finished product pictures....hopefully soon
mustangracer915  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: errr Reply with quote

i hate you. its god though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: majorshake187
fawked  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i REALLY like this one...can't wait to see the finished project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: