ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Band Hero Guitar FC Breakdown
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Band Hero Guitar FC Breakdown Reply with quote

I've been playing Band Hero a lot lately, and I've been trying to work on a breakdown of songs in the order of most difficult FC. In addition, each song has a description as to why it is placed where it is. Here's what I have so far:

Guitar Fc Breakdown:
1. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Absolutely nothing remotely challenging
2. ABC - Super easy song
3. Put Your Records On - Nothing challenging. There's less than 300 notes here.
4. L.E.S. Artises - I can't recall anything of note here
5. Rock Star - It's kind of long, but that's it
6. She Will Be Loved - Very simple
7. Warwick Avenue - Not much to this
8. Wannabe - Quite basic
9. So Yesterday - Simple chordy song
10. Dirty Little Secret - A bit fast, and the solo could possibly trip you up
11. Beautiful Soul - Your fingers move around a lot, but that's it
12. Our Lips Are Sealed - The multi-chords might be a bit tricky for some
13. Love Story - Noithing memorable
14. You Belong With Me - A lot of three-note cords, but that's it
15. When I'm Gone - Pretty basic
16. Take What You Take - Simple riff, as is the rest of the song
17. Lips of an Angel - Solo could trip you up
18. Oh Pretty Woman - Main riff and chorus might throw you off
19. Bring Me to Life - The first slightly tricky strumming patterns you may encounter
20. Take Back the City - Just your basic chord-filled song
21. Happy Together - Slightly tricky considering how early in the game it is
22. Love is a Battlefield - Overall a medium-difficulty level song
23. Whip It - You have to move your fingers a lot, but nothing hard
24. Steal My Kisses - Fun strumming pattern, possibly easy to mess up
25. Let's Dance - Solo could easily mess you up
26. Hands Down - One of the first strum-heavy songs
27. Pictures of You - Nothing standout
28. Back Again - Pretty generic
29. Angels of the Silences - Again, nothing memorable
30. Don't Speak - A bit long, and some chord changes are kind of tricky
31. The Adventure - A lot of strumming
32. Hang Me Up to Dry - Some long alt-strumming phrases
33. Santa Monica - Bits of alt-strumming throughout, and a couple tricky Ho/Po bits
34. Like Whoa - A long alt-strumming part in the middle, but the rest is easy
35. Sugar, We're Goin Down - Just lots of chords and strumming
36. Bad Reputation - Chances are, you'll have to alt-strum to get this one
37. Ocean Avenue - Fast paced strumming
38. A Million Ways - This will either be easy or hard for you. It's all about the strumming pattern
39. Just A Girl - Yet another song with tricky alt-strumming
40. Gasoline - Some tricky strum patterns and Ho/Po bits
41. Honky Tonk Women - Some of it is just awkward to hit in general
42. Believe - The solo can easily mess you up
43. If You Could Only See - The strumming is a bit hard to get used to
44. Mr. Roboto - Awkward Ho/Po chords
45. Kids - Tricky main riff
46. Walking on Sunshine - Tricky strumming patterns
47. Fascination - Some odd strumming parts
48. Turn Off the Light - Some tricky Ho/Pos and a bit of fast strummiing
49. The Impression That I Get - Strumming and fingering may be hard to get down
50. American Pie - 8 and 1/2 minutes long, with a few tricky Ho/Pos. Choke city.
51. In a Big Country - Just pretty tricky all around
52. Naive - Tricky strumming patterns
53. Every Rose Has Its Thorn - One hard part in solo, plus a lot of Ho/Pos in verses
54. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - Tricky strumming patterns
55. Take a Picture - Over 6 minutes of alt-strumming, but not particularly hard. Huge chokefest.
56. Lifeline - Main riff is only hard-ish part, but it repeats throughout the song
57. Kung Fu Fighting - Strumming is hard to keep right
58. I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Tricky hammer-on chords and the longest trill ever
59. Y.M.C.A. - Random hard parts
60. Paralyzer - Awkward verses
61. Picture to Burn - Some really hard to hit banjo parts
62 .Rio - Sax solo part is a bit tricky, but the strumming after is retarded
63. You Had Me - Ho/Pos constantly
64. Black Cat - One of the hardest solos in the game
65. I Want You to Want Me (Live) - Just all around hard to hit in a lot of it, especially the solos
All criticism is appreciated!
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]

Last edited by hiddenzombie013 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Is YMCA really that hard?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60) Impression that I get - alternating chord/single notes
61) Lifeline - all the strumming/HOPOS give many places to miss
62)Heard it Through The Grapevine - Hammeron chords, trill
63)Black Cat - purple notes
64)Paralyzer - verse 1 (to me it's the hardest to hit section)
65)I Want You To Want Me (Live) - solo 2 , and at the break there's an easy to miss guitar riff. After that it goes back into triplets and another kinda awkward strumming.

my take on the hardest.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Wizi1337  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rio and it's bullshit strumming cant be 37 at all, YMCA is easy.. hardest is probably I want you to want me (one of my missing FCs, Rio is the other one -.-)
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YMCA needs to be down. I Want You to Want Me is the hardest, Black Cat is up there but not at the top (the solo isn't that bad).
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I re-did the list. I added in the missing songs, added descriptions, and rearranged a few songs.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd switch Rio and Black Cat, (well move You Had Me down to where Rio was), Black cat only has one really miss-able part in the solo, while Rio has the sax solo and odd strumming.
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game must be really easy if ymca is the 7th hardest, i watched a vid for it and it looked really easy even for me and im not that good

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
icanFCyamum  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:
this game must be really easy if ymca is the 7th hardest, i watched a vid for it and it looked really easy even for me and im not that good

You iz trowllinnnnnnnnn.

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:

The trumpet pattern is pretty hard to hit as many times as it is in. I mean I sightread FC'd it, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard. I don't think I can FGFC this game.
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:

Um. No. This game wasn't really easy. It is only easy in comparison to previous Guitar Hero titles, which to be fair were quite difficult. This game is a much harder FGFC than The Beatles Rock Band, for example. It isn't as hard as GHA to FGFC, but it is by no means easy. You need to have a good amount of experience in the games to full combo every song in this game, and songs like I Want You To Want Me (Live) and Rio are proof of that. Rio has some tough strumming after the saxophone solo, and Black Cat required tapping for me to be consistent with the slider section, not to mention the little HO/PO bit after that section that I choked over ten times while pursuing the FC. The game has plenty of little hang-ups like that which keep it from being a really easy FGFC.
Warhiem wrote:
The trumpet pattern is pretty hard to hit as many times as it is in. I mean I sightread FC'd it, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard. I don't think I can FGFC this game.

You sightread FC'd YMCA? Good job. I was so afraid I would miss everytime that section would pop up...it's easy once you memorize the pattern, but the first time you see it the pattern can throw you through a loop.

To comment on the FC breakdown; to be honest I don't know if you could improve your list for the first 55 songs, considering a lot of them are relatively close in difficulty to FC. However, the last ten songs will always be up for debate. I Want You To Want Me (Live) is pound-for-pound the toughest FC, but it didn't take me as long to FC as some of the other songs, such as Black Cat. Black Cat took me hours to FC. Hours. I practiced the sections in the solo and got somewhat consistent with them, but would always choke in real runs. It's not like I Want You To Want Me (Live) where you need to get that one lucky run where you don't miss the tough section. In Black Cat you need to be consistent with the solo and with the section following it, as they are both very easy to miss. I would say the final 5 songs on the list should be as follows:
  • 60 - LifeLine
  • 61 - You Had Me
  • 62 - Rio
  • 63 - Heard It Through The Grapevine
  • 64 - Black Cat
  • 65 - I Want You To Want Me (Live)

That trill at the end of Heard It Through The Grapevine is hard. The HO/PO chords are easier if you strum through them, but it is certainly harder to FC than Rio, which only has one tough part, or You Had Me, which has no tough parts but is awkward throughout.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone who's played this game (or FC'd a majority of it... I'm looking at you, Graf)- how hard are the hardest songs? Like, what song would be comparable in difficulty to, say, I want you to want me? Thanks, it would give me an idea of how hard the song really is. (videos can never quite do justice...)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
anyone who's played this game (or FC'd a majority of it... I'm looking at you, Graf)- how hard are the hardest songs? Like, what song would be comparable in difficulty to, say, I want you to want me? Thanks, it would give me an idea of how hard the song really is. (videos can never quite do justice...)

I liken it to being like Lust For Life. Lust For Life is a song of relative difficulty to I Want You To Want Me (Live), considering both have tricky parts and are considered tougher FC's, albeit not extremely hard FC's. I would say it is simlar to a song that someone may get in the 55-60 FC range on GH3. It's definitely harder to FC than a song like Rock You Like A Hurricane. It's not very hard, but it certainly isn't easy.

I'm sorry if I couldn't explain that as well as you wished...but that's the best way I can put it. It's not easy, but certainly not hard enough for someone to say, "OMG you FC'd that song HOLEEE SHITT".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something I don't get with why people are ranking You Had Me so high. Sure, it consists of HOPO chains, but they're incredibly easy. There's no fast ones at all, and the hardest patterns only skip a note going up or down the fretboard. But, there's certainly no challenge hitting them even for a 3-fingered player like myself. The only thing which I found to be remotely difficult in that song was something like a blue hammeron placed after or before a three note chord (? dont exactly remember it) that didn't feel natural. But certainly Paralyzer is harder than this. Even Lifeline should be ranked harder than this. The strum/hopo parts are much quicker than You Had Me's everything plus you're switching frets every hit. Coupled with the frequency and length it's easier to miss.

Haven't played Rio yet, but it's at the top of my list on what to FC next on Guitar and Bass. Or Picture to Burn and Kung Fu Fighting. PTB didn't sound like it was going to be bad, but KFF from what I say briefly on video looked somewhat difficult.

Also, YMCA was a sightread FC for me as well. Purple note sections aren't bad with what seems like a more improved slider section that GH5. The few I FCed above it took a considerable amount of time compared to a sightread FC of YMCA. Those songs being Take A Picture, Black Horse, Lifeline, Heard it through the Grapevine.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:

I liken it to being like Lust For Life. Lust For Life is a song of relative difficulty to I Want You To Want Me (Live), considering both have tricky parts and are considered tougher FC's, albeit not extremely hard FC's. I would say it is simlar to a song that someone may get in the 55-60 FC range on GH3. It's definitely harder to FC than a song like Rock You Like A Hurricane. It's not very hard, but it certainly isn't easy.

uhhh no lust for life is like 30-40 on GH3 scale and I watched a video of IWYTWM and it doesn't look that hard at all. RYLAH is much harder than both of them lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: