ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
LEGO Rock Band - Score tracking Now Live!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: LEGO Rock Band - Score tracking Now Live! Reply with quote

All of ScoreHero's score tracking abilities are now available for LEGO Rock Band!

This game is available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, and Nintendo DS. The DS version contains less songs and is functionally different than the rest. It will therefore take some more work to prepare score tracking and you can expect it to be added soon, but I did not want to delay the rest that was ready in the meantime.

The exported DLC songs have been added to RB1 and RB2.

UPDATE EDIT: After seeing SpoonMan's post here, I will also need to add a DLC tier for LRB. So stay tuned for that, and do not submit your LRB DLC submissions under RB1 or RB2.

If you have any questions let me know, and enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I've been refreshing the main page every 10 minutes all day waiting for this announcement. Thanks JC!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i completely disagree with this decision. solo bonuses are different in LRB, thus scores between systems are not comparable unless both scores are in runs that FC all solos in the song

proof:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28997

i have a complete list of working DLC/exports, I actually posted it here:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28916

please reconsider.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd asked and looked around earlier for engine differences and did not see anything. But that's certainly a deal-breaker, so I will edit the OP here and looks like we'll be forced into having a DLC tier for LRB as well.

Thanks for the links.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome. i love this place.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is most unfortunate that they had to make that change to the solo scoring. It looks like complication is Rock Band scoretracking is inevitable.

Well, that's what Scorehero is for I guess.

Thanks alot for the scoretracking update. As soon as I'm able, I'll be going for an FGFC on hard guitar! I guess now I get to play all the songs at LEAST twice.

Last edited by Prong1978 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I'd asked and looked around earlier for engine differences and did not see anything. But that's certainly a deal-breaker, so I will edit the OP here and looks like we'll be forced into having a DLC tier for LRB as well.

Thanks for the links.
Also there is currently no support for short versions of songs. Is this being left out?
Nulien  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't think scoretracking for the short versions is really worthwhile. I did pass along a list of which songs have short versions to the mods, though.

Edit: The other engine difference that could've affected L:RB DLC being entered in the RB2 section is failing songs. For RB2, that's a simple fail, and you get no score, but in L:RB you can keep playing, and you still get a score. Obviously, that wouldn't be considered a legit score for RB2.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
Kawigi wrote:
IWillKickU wrote:
I don't really get the point. If you are competing for scores, do you want to play a short version? Is there any competitive market for short versions?

Of course there's no one competing on short versions, because it didn't exist before Lego Rock Band, and there's no leaderboard (either in-game or on scorehero) for Lego Rock Band. But there will be someone who wants to compete on short versions, just like any of the gazillion other things SHers find to compete on.

It's like asking if there's competition on guitar+ bass+ vocals with harmonies on medium for TBRB. Of course not, but SH is pretty good in tracking everything possible.

Last edited by singemfrc on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Starz007  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! Nice work.

Edit: You may also want to include "short song" score submissions for any songs that it is available on.

Last edited by Starz007 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
vintsukka  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't be getting the game until it's released here in this remote location they call Europe, but great that's it up nonetheless.

One question. Why are the imported LRB songs in RB1 and RB2 mixed up with the DLC? Wouldn't it be more clear if they had their own tier, like RB1 exports in RB2 and the AC/DC live thing?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with that, i know that in-game everything is just mixed in with all the other DLC. however, since the ac/dc pack got its own tier on scorehero, no reason why LRB exports shouldn't get the same treatment.

i'm sorry i really feel like i'm nitpicking the hell out of this, but i can't help it.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Venerabela  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will they come out with a PS2 version of Lego Rockband later? o_o I wanna get this so badly! D:
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that the DLC is being separated between LRB and RB2. I sent a PM to JCirri (probably should have just posted it here) with more information. Aside from the solo bonuses being different (which I completely forgot about), the entire scoring scheme is different in multi-player.

While solo play still scores the same as always (100 pts single note / 4000 pts single phrase under 4X multiplier) in any multi-player combination the ratio is cut to 3:5 (allowing only 60 pts single note / 2400 pts single phrase under 4X multiplier). This is not limited to setlist songs only. Any DLC played on the LRB engine scores which this scheme.

True that there probably will not be a ton of competition on multi-player as playing via LRB omits online play requiring the players to be on the same console, this will also affect voxtarists (and there are plenty of those).

With these two scoring issues, all parts are now affected so great decision to separate them out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: LEGO Rock Band - Score tracking Now Live! Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

The exported DLC songs have been added to RB1 and RB2.

Hmm, don't see them. Were they removed for the staff edit?

I would think we would need a section in the RB2 scores for Lego songs exported to RB2. Is that coming?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: