ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Left 4 Dead 2- DLC and Mutation Selector Hitting July 24th. Woo-Hoo!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Left 4 Dead 2- DLC and Mutation Selector Hitting July 24th. Reply with quote

Now that round 2 of the best co-op shooter on the market has hit stores, I thought I'd follow the tradition of the first thread and expand it to include everything L4D2-related. Whether you're looking for tips on getting an achievement, wanting to play a casual game or two, looking for people to play with that don't quit mid-match, or need help getting through a campaign, this is the place to go. For general information about the game, skip to the bottom.

Update: If you're playing on the 360, send a friend request to leftscoredead, which is a metatag that should make it much easier to keep track of everybody. I'll still maintain a list here in the OP, but from here on out we'll be organizing SH nights by sending invites to whoever is on the GT's friend list. Thanks to Romanczuk for setting it up and making this a hell of a lot simpler.

For the SH league, I thought we'd do it much the same as last year and post replies to this thread with our Gamertags/Steam IDs while adding times that we'd be available. Once we get a general idea of when most of us will be on, we'll start up a Versus, Scavenge, and Survival game or two each week, with a possible Gamebattles-like tournament down the line if enough people sign up. Once we figure the small stuff out, I'll add it right here in the OP. To start off, I'll list a few GTs that have already expressed interest in the L4D1 thread and we can go from there.

X360

ScoreHero name/Gamertag

fUNC- Samsa3
CloudFuel- Cloudfuel
DarkKnight720- JFallis
Sarg338- PRS Sarg
FreeXBird- AveryVeljohnson
Kaflagemeir- Kaflagemeir
Garwood- X Garwood X
GuitarHailz- GuitarHailz
DeuxExProcella- Consanguinity
Inv4der- INV4DER
MuDvAyNe- oXMuDvAyNeXo
HLGTwoface- RenegadeTWOFACE
MrYumYum- MrLeeChang16
soundbarrier4- soundbarrier4SH

PC

TehBanStick- TehBanStick
supectfenster-suspectfenster (display name- fenster)
Kingofterrors- Koterrors
Koppis- Koppis
RawrSpoon- RawrSpoon
clawmaster2- clawmaster2

-----

About the Game

Metacritic Average: 90/100

First, a warning: if you don't plan on playing the game locally with friends or over Live/Steam, you're missing out on 90% of the game's appeal.

From EA's website-
Quote:

Set in the zombie apocalypse, Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) is the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Left 4 Dead, the #1 co-op game of 2008.

This co-operative action horror FPS takes you and your friends through the cities, swamps and cemeteries of the Deep South, from Savannah to New Orleans across five expansive campaigns.

You’ll play as one of four new survivors armed with a wide and devastating array of classic and upgraded weapons. In addition to firearms, you’ll also get a chance to take out some aggression on infected with a variety of carnage-creating melee weapons, from chainsaws to axes and even the deadly frying pan.

You’ll be putting these weapons to the test against (or playing as in Versus) three horrific and formidable new Special Infected. You’ll also encounter five new “uncommon” common infected, including the terrifying Mudmen.

Helping to take L4D’s frantic, action-packed gameplay to the next level is AI Director 2.0. This improved Director has the ability to procedurally change the weather you’ll fight through and the pathways you’ll take, in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match your performance.

More Highlights:

> Five "campaigns" broken up into four to five sub-levels each, each taking anywhere from 30 minutes (on the easiest setting) to many hours (on the hardest) to finish

> All five are available to play in the game's "Versus" mode (four humans vs. four human-controlled boss zombies and AI-controlled normal zombies) from the start as opposed to the original's two

> New modes include Scavenge (which amounts to shorter, more frantic Versus matches) and Realism, which removes any glowing outlines around items or characters, in-game tips, prevents mid-level player respawning, and makes the zombies themselves much tougher to kill

> Vastly improved character modeling gives the game a level of gore that, depending on the person, can be sickening. Slashing a zombie with a katana in the stomach, for instance, causes a corresponding cut and their intestines to slowly fall out. Make no mistake- it earns its M rating to the point that the Australian ratings board refused to clear the game, forcing Valve to create a censored version

> Improved matchmaking and team play. A voting system enables players to kick an annoying player off the team or play a rematch, among other things

> Level design now includes "moving" crescendo points in which the team must make it from one point to another while being under constant attack from zombies

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:34 am; edited 21 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steam: TehBanStick
Times: Afternoons, late-night weekends.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, Hard Rain was my favorite campaign thus far. I'm playing them in order, and this was probably my favorite out of both games, albeit I haven't played The Parish. I thought Dead Center was pretty good, although I thought the ending was kind of corny. I had high hopes for Dark Carnival, but they weren't reached. While it was a fun campaign, it wasn't a whole lot of what the hype gave me. I mainly disliked the ending on this one too. Swamp Fever was pretty good. While it didn't have anything that amazed me, it was an overall solid campaign to play. And Hard Rain, what can I say. It's ingenious on so many levels. First it's the going to the end then back. Secondly, the hard storms are great. They make you actually feel like you're in an intense situation. And lastly, the abundance of witches. Playing the campaign on easy, I think I got around 15-20 witches.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have the first two campaigns, they just weren't what I expected.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played one campaign so far, and one Versus match. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I can't seem to pull myself away from Scavenge. It's so damn fun! Me and some buddies just wrapped up a 3-4 hour session of purely Scavenge...I don't know what it is but it's incredibly addicting. I enjoy the variety of strategies you see employed, as well as how huge a difference there can be between rounds.

For instance, the last game we played, we lost the first round 16-8. Yeah, they got all the cans. The next game we won, 15-10, so they went first as survivors. We somehow managed to shut them out - zero cans. We briskly got one can in the tank and won the whole thing. That last 10 seconds of the shut-out was some of the funnest gameplay I can recall in a good while. I love this game.

Steam: suspectfenster (display name fenster)
I'm usually on afternoon or at night, sporadically throughout the week.
Garwood  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be playing frequently but I already have a team of friends that I play Left4Dead almost exclusively with. If you see me around send me an invite and I'll probably join unless I'm playing with them.

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could always use more L4D2 friends to play with. My GT is my SH name.

I'll be sharing the game with my fiance, DeusExProcella on ScoreHero (GT: Consanguinity). His friend list has a bit more room than mine does if you want to play with us :P (if he is online playing, 99% chance I am playing with him).

As far as the game itself, it seems a LOT harder to me this time around. I don't want to think about what Expert realism look like. 0_o I even had to switch to easy to learn the levels or I'd be too frustrated with getting lost and incapped/killed. I wasn't exactly good at L4D, but I could beat campaigns on Normal in about a half hour always. But this time around it's taking me much longer and its much more intense and rage-inducing. I guess I should blame all the new special infected. :P And maybe sucking more...

Either way it's pretty fun and I feel like I got more for my money this time around. Haven't played versus yet, but I hope to dive into that and the other new mode soon enough. Hope to see some of you out there in the new apocalypse...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add me to the list of people willing to play. I'm INV4DER on XBL.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and done. I think I've had you three on my FL since the L4D1 days but, outside of one skirmish that I played against Hailz, we haven't actually played side-by-side.

I ran through Versus on Dead Center and Swamp Fever last night, and two things stood out. One, people have yet to realize that the new melee weapons can and do hurt your teammates. It's definitely less than the equivalent damage on an Infected, which borders on unfair sometimes, but I had more than a few accidental incaps last night in the melee-heavy first two levels of DC. Secondly, I started to appreciate just how much more balanced this game is compared to its predecessor. Choke points are limited to one per level, very few levels have cars for the Tank to smack around and insta-incap a team, and the fact that you're having a team of four people switch between seven different Infected classes leads a certain unpredictability to the game that wasn't present in the first title. Assuming the game keeps gaining steam (I've seen more and more people on each night I've logged in), this should stick around for quite a while.

It seems like everybody's leaning towards either mid-Saturday or sometime Monday through Thursday afternoon for the SH nights so far. Personally, I'm kinda partial to Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday afternoon (say, 5 CST). How does everybody else feel?

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

360GT: oXMuDvAyNeXo

play a lot late at night

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to play some campaign with some people. L4d 1 and 2.

Whats with all the noobs on x360.

PC.

My Steam is Koterrors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scavenge FTW! I don't know what the deal is.. but I actually love scavenge more than regular versus right now... this is what survival mode was hoping to be (a quick online game short & fun) but fell short on the fun part.

For me, Friday/Saturday nights are good... but I'm on alot anyways.. so whatev...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:
I would like to play some campaign with some people. L4d 1 and 2.

Whats with all the noobs on x360.

PC.

My Steam is Koterrors

Added you buddy.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah I just got into skin modding in this game and though I haven't made anything good at this moment, I will eventually.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been having some rather insane lag issues lately. First, I turned off torrents and firewalls the first time it happened and did a speed test- 1.7mb down, 500k up, hardwired- should be ideal conditions. Got back on, was fine at first, then it started creeping up again. I smoothed out my CAT6 cable (there was a slight 130 degree crimp near the system) just in case the pinch was screwing with it... nothing. Then Garwood sent me a VM saying that he was having the same problems. Cloudfuel and namehtmas were having the same problems last night, so between the four of us, I'm pretty sure the either XBL or Valve's servers are just fucking up. Looking through the official L4D forums turned up next to nothing- has anybody else had issues lately?

~Kyle~

Strykerx  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got the game I tried playing with 2 friends on a dedicated server and it was just completely unplayable. A good 3 seconds of lag to every thing you do. So we just stick to local servers and it plays perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: