ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
11/24 DLC - Neversoft Thanks the Fans Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with that argument is that the Wii is perfectly capable of storing and distributing DLC, whether it's less capable overall or not. Neversoft has not given wii owners everything available even though they could have.
Cowdude7  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Well for starters, the Wii GH community is larger than the PS3 community
A good point is that they call it the "Neversoft Thanks the Fans" pack when there are more Wii players than PS3 players. I bet we never get our thank-pack. Rock Band 2 had no problem giving us our missing RB1 DLC while at the same time giving us the new stuff, so there's really no excuse for this.

I think some other Wii owner mentioned Duelling Banjos not being up. I'm pretty sure it's up for PS3 and 360, so even though there was no reason for the Wii version to vanish at all, I bet we don't get that back either. I even had 200 Wii Points set aside for it that Rock Band might get instead.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna go into these fresh, but I'm glad they are up early TO THE XBOX!

*EDIT* For Guitar...

Okay, From The Blue wins as the best DLC released so far for GH5. There is no contest, there is no discussion lol Thank you Neversoft for finally giving some music with challenge. We don't need a toughie every week, but just remember to throw us a bone once in awhile lol Though I will say the song was unnecessarily long with boring streaks in the middle, but the song itself was like something that should be in a game like Mario Kart lol

Lemon Frosting - Terrible song. Short, passable chart, and sounded like an intro that didn't take off into the rest of the song.

RocknRola - Alright song, dull chart.

Guilty Pleasures - Second best song, but I really didn't like the mathcore sounding parts and nothing in the song really clicked for me.

Love Holds it Down - Almost as bad as Lemon Frosting.

You Really Like Me - Pretty boring song. Sounded like a weak American Rammstein mixed with Freezepop lol

Overall I'd pay for two of the songs, but thankful it was free.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Also, DVDSmith, I'm not saying get a better console, I'm just saying you forefeit the right to complain when you made your completely inapporpriate choice in the fisrt place.

Eh, i'm drunk now.

Yes, you're right. Back when I had even less money to spend on a console, and the PS3 was £450 and the 360 was £250. The Wii was £180 max and already worked with all my Gamecube games. So to call it a 'completely inappropriate choice' to buy a console when I didn't know that TWO YEARS LATER would have a couple of problems coping with DLC is a little harsh. I apologise for not being fucking Nostradamus and having very little money back in 2006.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The indication that DLC would become a major part of the game was clear as soon as it started arriving on the 360 version of GH2. It was also clear that the Wii didn't have anything like the storage capacity required to get everything, so your argument about having to be Nostradamus is completely invalid. Simply looking at the available facts before making a decision doesn't require clairvoyant abilities.

The bit about not having the money isn't much of an excuse either - you could've saved up for a bit longer if you were concerned with getting the right console for the future of the series, since I doubt it was a medical requirement to get the console at exactly the moment you did.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
SanosLegend  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it out now on the PS3 in Europe, or how long do we have to wait there?
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't give a damn about Guitar Hero when I first got my Wii. People don't buy consoles just for one game series FYI.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
I didn't give a damn about Guitar Hero when I first got my Wii. People don't buy consoles just for one game series FYI.

Thank you. i hadn't even heard about GH until about six months after I got my Wii.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox Live Gold only on the free pack? Really?

That absolutely sucks. I can't justify the price of gold at this point especially considering I rarely gamed online with my Xbox, but getting shafted on "free" songs sucks.

Hopefully they go free for everyone next week (apparently Gold stuff like demos go silver after a week... hopefully this pack is the same).

toymachine wrote:

Welcome to Scorehero. Where we dissect sections of Dragonforce songs so the official chart can disappoint us in some minute way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: nesdude128
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nesdude wrote:
Xbox Live Gold only on the free pack? Really?

Like you said, Silver owners have DLC, regardless of game, a week later AFAIK.

Also... I can say that this is a good thanking indeed. ^_^ Too bad the Wii owners copped the screw though... It should happen next month, because the outcry would be so large they'll have to crack.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
sumboxcar182  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might've completely missed this in the post but on the official gh forums on neversoft's post on the content they mention this

Neversoft wrote:
The songs are not hosted by Neversoft or Activision. We have tried to make the free songs available on all platforms. So the pack is now available where it can be - thank you to Microsoft and Sony for making it possible. We also thank our fans for being so rocktastic!

http://hub.guitarhero.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6043&sid=cb81138e51a6ff7fff0b04756638c51d

so it seems that neversoft wanted to make the songs free on all consoles but nintendo refused, or at least that's what i get from that quote. Either way it sucks that they won't make the songs available, as they are fun on every instrument i've played them on
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowdude7 wrote:
Parama wrote:
A good point is that they call it the "Neversoft Thanks the Fans" pack when there are more Wii players than PS3 players. I bet we never get our thank-pack. Rock Band 2 had no problem giving us our missing RB1 DLC while at the same time giving us the new stuff, so there's really no excuse for this.

I think some other Wii owner mentioned Duelling Banjos not being up. I'm pretty sure it's up for PS3 and 360, so even though there was no reason for the Wii version to vanish at all, I bet we don't get that back either. I even had 200 Wii Points set aside for it that Rock Band might get instead.

Where do you get the idea that wii has more online GH owners then PS3?
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they added in the guitarist singing animations to the DLC and it wasn't just a one time Band Hero thing.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Cowdude7 wrote:
Parama wrote:

Where do you get the idea that wii has more online GH owners then PS3?

While there is no statistic for online users I know off, the Wii (for GH5 only) has sold .56mil compared to the PS3's .49 mil.
B14Z3  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting songs. 5*'d all on sightread.

From the Blue/Point of No Return/TTRTS - At first, I quit this song because the beginning was a pain. I was gonna return to it later, but I saw it was 10 mins, and said no. Then I got up the courage to retry it, and it was a pretty fun 10 minutes. It is definitely one of those songs that are better listening than playing, although it was fun; I just might not see myself playing this again soon.

Guilty Pleasures - Fun as hell song. My favorite song in the whole pack. So much fun, just go play it.

Lemon Frosting - Weird song, but for it's length it was very fun. Any longer and I might've said no, but I liked it.

Love Holds It Down - Fun little song, the solo was pretty awesome too. Definitely gonna replay.

RockNRola - The "Alright!" crunchy riff was awesome, but it wasn't that great of a song. Still, warrants a play because it's a fun chord-fest.

You Really Like Me - Hmm... I don't like this song. It went on a little too long, and while some parts were enjoyable, I didn't find this that great of a song. Maybe singing it would be pretty epic.

All in all, my favorite free DLC released within GHWT-GH5 next to the Reggae Pack. Definitely recommended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: