ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
December DLC announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harder to Breathe is very cool, as is Ouimette.

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of the biggest FoT fanboys you'll ever meet on this forum (one of <_<), and really, stuff from the new album disappoints me. But it's still FoT, I'm picking it up.

Steve Omlette, of course.

No Doubt, maybe I'll get. Taylor Swift I'm skipping, everything else I'll look at charts.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how, but get the Wii users the free DLC, free or not. It makes me upset they won't even do that much.
The6thHorcrux  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really. Again. I want to punch someone in the face right now. Good thing my roommate hasn't done anything to piss me off lately...

I like the Wii and everything but the lack of all the good free DLC is pissing me off. I agree with whoever said that they would be willing to pay for Oimette (spelled that wrong). I'd be fine with that.

Edit: I'd even be fine with some sort of confirmation by Neversoft that they are working on getting the free DLC to the Wii.
thespike  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely get Fall of Troy and the free track. First paid dlc I've gotten in a while. But seriously where the hell are the export updates.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
M3wThr33  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see the Xmas DLC free this year. Wasn't the last Steve song pay?

Anyways, it's a mixed bag. It seems Band Hero is replacing a week's worth of DLC, rather than doubling their pace. Poo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheChrisGlass PSN Name: M3wThr33
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Pillow Talk just wasn't meant to be, I guess. I was really looking forward to voxtarring that. Panic Attack!, the worst song on the album, and Single are unnecessary. And I actually love the new album, unlike most, but those are uninspired choices. Transference practically makes up for it on its own though.
Cowdude7  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm no longer surprised I'm not getting the free song, I'm probably not buying any more Wii Guitar Hero games. It just really feels like they're not loving us over here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowdude7 wrote:
While I'm no longer surprised I'm not getting the free song, I'm probably not buying any more Wii Guitar Hero games. It just really feels like they're not loving us over here.

Of course they don't love you. It's not like they gave you SDHC support, packed DLC, additional modes for the Wii only, use of the console Friend Code instead of a game-specific code, and game importing.

But yeah, sorry that they couldn't get you 7 songs, most likely because Nintendo has a problem with free content, just like they had a problem with packed DLC and a friend code system that was (and still is) completely backwards.

While you might not like me saying this, I think Activision/Neversoft/VV is just waiting for Nintendo to crack instead of just releasing the DLC for a price. A company wouldn't not-release the free DLC for the Wii for shits and giggles. They know that it does anger the fan base. I doubt they are really just trying to piss you guys off like you think they are.
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I'm the first to say this, but HOLY SHIT PAVEMENT! Definitely picking that up, along with the free Ouimette song of course. I'll check out the Fall Of Troy charts before buying, but F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. was pretty fun so here's hoping the trend continues.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Zamura  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course they don't love you. It's not like they gave you SDHC support, packed DLC, additional modes for the Wii only, use of the console Friend Code instead of a game-specific code, and game importing.

ok, im sry, but you guys can't complain about the sdhc support b/c you ps3 and xbox players have hard drives. the wii doesn't have memory worth crap, i downloaded 4 of the metallica songs and couldn't hold any more (not saying that that is neversofts fault of course). we haven't had nearly the dlc that ps3 and xbox players have had, especially considering gh3's total lack of it. (once again, not entirely neversofts fault, but don't act like we are getting something you are not), honestly? additional modes for wii only? what serious gh player actually plays the mii freestyle stuff? and roadie battle is also a joke. The friend code is also widely agreed upon being one of the most annoying ways of creating online friends ever.
game importing is simply a convenience that i personally would never pay for but whatever.

all that is to say that however you try to swing it, ps3 and xbox players have a much better experience as far as gh is concerned.

anyway. while im sure neversoft is simply doing good business to not release free dlc for wii, why can't we at least get them for 200 wii points? is that too much to ask?. i dealt with other systems having dlc all through gh3, why should i have to start losing out on songs again even though we have dlc now on the wii?
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamura wrote:
anyway. while im sure neversoft is simply doing good business to not release free dlc for wii, why can't we at least get them for 200 wii points? is that too much to ask?.

Well it wouldn't be free DLC then would it? If they advertise it as free DLC, it should remain that way regardless of system.

And like Hafkie said, until Nintendo caves in and allows free DLC, this will keep happening. In my opinion, sweat it out. They will cave in; just see the backlash both here on ScoreHero and on the official GH forums.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamura wrote:
Quote:

ok, im sry, but you guys can't complain about the sdhc support b/c you ps3 and xbox players have hard drives. the wii doesn't have memory worth crap, i downloaded 4 of the metallica songs and couldn't hold any more (not saying that that is neversofts fault of course). we haven't had nearly the dlc that ps3 and xbox players have had, especially considering gh3's total lack of it. (once again, not entirely neversofts fault, but don't act like we are getting something you are not), honestly? additional modes for wii only? what serious gh player actually plays the mii freestyle stuff? and roadie battle is also a joke. The friend code is also widely agreed upon being one of the most annoying ways of creating online friends ever.
game importing is simply a convenience that i personally would never pay for but whatever.

First of all, until last year, I did play GH on the Wii. So yes, I do a perspective on this. The SDHC support is a great thing, and GH5 also supported streaming off the SD. Those are very nice things, and while they aren't as good as a hard drive, it isn't a bad solution. While the additional modes might not be the best things ever, that doesn't mean that they aren't there. Some people out there probably do enjoy them. Also, I know that friend codes suck. But use of the console friend code was alot nicer than a game specific code (I remember meeting a new friend and we ended up trading 5-6 friend codes. It sucks.)

And game importing? Well, it may be a convenience to you, but to be able to play imported songs in GH5 is an absolute must for many, many people. Especially since importing was widely rumored to never come to the Wii. Along with the ability to have more than 2 consoles connected together at a time, so you can enjoy your imports with more people simultaneously than you could have ever before.
BShea  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
Zamura wrote:
anyway. while im sure neversoft is simply doing good business to not release free dlc for wii, why can't we at least get them for 200 wii points? is that too much to ask?.

I have a feeling that would cause an even larger uproar. There would be hundreds of angry Wii-ers asking "Why do we have to pay for what they got for free"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BShea wrote:
Cyberwaste wrote:
Zamura wrote:

I have a feeling that would cause an even larger uproar. There would be hundreds of angry Wii-ers asking "Why do we have to pay for what they got for free"

True but on the other side of the coin there are some wii people who will be happy to pay for them than not have them at all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: