ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Groundhog's chart - dumbed down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Groundhog's chart - dumbed down? Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9m4Woo_N2M

See this preview video? The reason why everyone is "OMG GROUNDHOG" when it's only that one section that's really mean?

Look closer at it. See those random upscratches in the mess? Those got taken out for the final release. =( Why they gotta dumb down the difficult charts? =(
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's too wtf hax... or at least... any more wtfhax than the chart on release is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but... we only *SAW* those changes. Maybe the end of the 3rd verse was meaner? What about the changes we didn't see? Maybe Rockit was even HARDER, or Beats and Pieces? Grah, I'm actually upset about this. =(
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
nesdude  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video is interesting. Note that the 5* cutoff was about 478k. Compare that to retail cutoff at 465k.
//interesting.

toymachine wrote:

Welcome to Scorehero. Where we dissect sections of Dragonforce songs so the official chart can disappoint us in some minute way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: nesdude128
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Majors Comes Again had a ridic slice section they took out for the final version that was shown on the preview
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Lee Majors Comes Again had a ridic slice section they took out for the final version that was shown on the preview
This.

It seems apparent that FSG (FreeStyleGames) cut SOME of the harder mixes due to controller durability/players extent of skill.

The Lee Majors mix was the most noticeable, i remember playing this mix for the first time fearing about that one section of cross fade spikes i nicknamed "cross fade hell" (lol) only to find out it was shortened out.

As you saw on the video, it's clear that whoever/whatever is doing the mix can not clear that part without missing it's combo. My guess would have to be they dumbed it down only for the sake of the controller and maybe for some players.

It would be something interesting to see the "uncut" versions of these mixes someday, would be a greater challenge then th ones we have already >_>.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ressurecting a dead thread <_<

I'm pretty fucking glad they dumbed down these charts. It's fucked up enough to chase these notes around the platter in the up up down down sections we still have >_< I'd prolly have already quit if they made it any worse.

But really the solution should have been a better designed controller. Haveing the buttons on the platter is just fail from every perspective I can think of >_< It is ridiculous amongs all he up and down whoring parts to have to pull the platter back and forth to compensate.

at first I didn't really care, and for most songs it doesn't matter so much <_< but the more I play rockit, the more evident it is how broken their controller and game engine is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
But really the solution should have been a better designed controller. Haveing the buttons on the platter is just fail from every perspective I can think of >_<

Just curious, but what would you suggest as an alternative to buttons being on the platter?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a setup with buttons next to the cross fader like iidx, and two platters would have been the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
I think a setup with buttons next to the cross fader like iidx, and two platters would have been the best.

Like there aren't enough people complaining about the price yet...
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more important to do the controller design right the first time <_< I doubt this would cost much more as it would be a simpler design. But more important is the long term implications. The guitar for gh hasn't changed it's functional design since gh1, and neither has rb even though their controller strums like crap <_<

So when dj hero 3 comes out, and we are all stuck with buttons on the platter, and price is a year or two behind most top players... I'm pretty sure we'll be wishing the controller was better <_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: