ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A few things I've noticed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: A few things I've noticed... Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what the circumstances are.. but i've noticed that if I am twisting the effect dial during a cross fade, with the effect dial on both sides of the fade, for the rest of that line of effector it will KEEP the effecter double multiplier even if I stop twisting the effect dial. (although points for twisting the dial aren't added still.. This is useful in groundhog during the second verse when it does the fades back and forth with effector the entire time, one of them has a blue note after the last fade. I'll take my hand off the effector after the last cross fade to press the blue note, and I am still at x8)

also I've noticed that if you're playing a rewind, it will rewind 2 or 4 measures. 2 being the "light" rewind, and 4 being the "full." However when you do the rewind, it removes the notes of the first beat of the measure it rewinds you to. It does not remove cross fades, and effector dial areas though. So if you're rewinding you can capitalize on this by hitting up that effect dial, or rewinding to an area with crossfades.

Another thing about Rewinds, is you can squeeze an extra note into, or out of them. Be careful to not squeeze an extra note in (hitting a note in the rewind time that was not hit before you actually did the rewind) as it will give you -1 to the song. It won't break your combo.. but notes hit in rewind are NOT counted towards your combo total. So you will end up with something like 536/537 even though you never missed a note.

On the same lines, you can squeeze an extra note OUT of the rewind. This is when you rewind after hitting a note, but you don't hit it at the end of the rewind until after your rewind multiplier is expired. This has the effect of adding a note to your total combo, since it was played outside of the multiplier. You could end a song with 538/537 this way.

Now, an idea about squeezing a note OUT of the rewind:
K so rewinds are kinda a quick fire option... Holding on to them only prevents you from earning more rewinds. If you squeeze a note OUT of the rewind, you will actually be able to get a rewind a note early, since it counts a note twice. So you could actually get your second rewind on the 119th note of a song. How is this relevant / helpful? well.. if there is an area where you have to wait for 1 more note to rewind, and that note happens to be pretty far away, preventing you from rewinding to a place of much greater scoring potential.. you can squeeze an extra note to your multiplier on the rewind just before it.

This can be exloited further since combo is built in many ways in DJ Hero. You get 1 for each beat in crossfade, you also get 1 for cross fading, and you get 1 for a note. So let's say you have a rewind triggered immediately after this occurance, of crossfading back in, on beat, with a note.. and you squeeze it out of the rewind... you sacrifice the x8 on the note... for a second x4... so not that much loss... but then you're 3 notes closer to your next rewind.

Now let's talk total song potential. If a song has 425 notes you have the potential for 8 rewinds, with 55 additional notes. Now you could use these extra notes 2 ways. 1 is to save a rewind until a later portion of the song. You could use up 50 some notes and still not lose any rewinds. or you could squeeze out an extra 6 or more notes out of those 8 rewinds to get an additional rewind out of the song.

what do you guys think? (besides that I have too much time on my hands, and am obsessed with DJ Hero ;p)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap this game has too much to it im only just getting the hang of a drum squeeze and slightly a guitar squeeze. now ive got to learn how to dj squeeze aswell? lol. maybe i wont play for optimal

nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pondering things like this, and have messed around with squeezing and whatnot, but once I start getting into all of that mess, the game is no longer fun to me. =(
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
ChrisDGAF13  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about this cause I know I've FC'd a few songs and then on the stat screen it came up a note short with 99% or 100%
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: