ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dutch get-together (summer break)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbert  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on when and where, really. Can't we just be outrageous and simply hire a small pub with TVs and consoles? Don't answer that.

When all of you have holidays, I most certainly won't since my holidays are from 28th of June until the 9th of July, which is way before most of yours. :p So, only weekends work out for me.

Also, shameless plug, sorry about it: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103266 - Does anyone want to help? ;x

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
Vigarde  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are we still gonna do this, or not? :P Just asking.

[22:59:02] Vigarde: ARE U BRAINDEAD?
[22:59:03] Tyler (W0Wzer333): yes
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vigarde wrote:

Well... we'll need someone to host the get-together, and nobody has stepped up to the task yet. I might be able to host it myself, but I live pretty far from the rest of the Dutchies here. If everyone's fine with a trip to Hoorn, I think I can work something out with my parents. They might even be going on vacation next month, which means it'd be no problem at all for me to host it.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
Vigarde wrote:

Well... we'll need someone to host the get-together, and nobody has stepped up to the task yet. I might be able to host it myself, but I live pretty far from the rest of the Dutchies here. If everyone's fine with a trip to Hoorn, I think I can work something out with my parents. They might even be going on vacation next month, which means it'd be no problem at all for me to host it.

I'm fine with a trip to Hoorn.
Yah, I don't have to take the Train!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
Vigarde wrote:

Hoorn is probably okay for me. I can most likely borrow a car. If anyone needs a lift I can probably take them too if they live anywhere near Bolsward (Friesland) > Hoorn ;P
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
Vigarde  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm lol, to Hoorn... I'll look if I can come, because I live in Uden (Noord-Brabant), and I'm only 16 years old... :O

[22:59:02] Vigarde: ARE U BRAINDEAD?
[22:59:03] Tyler (W0Wzer333): yes
RutgerGoesDirty  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoorn should be ok, it's less far away than last time, that's for sure!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sacredangels
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoorn actually seem managable for me (it's certainly not as far away as it could've been...). It really depends on when the get-together is held if I'm going to be able to go or not, though.

We'll see, but I'd like to continue where we left off last time ^^ (and I'll bring my camera!)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Robbert  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you create two meetings at the same time? We all saw last time how crowded it actually is when everyone comes. When there's that many people, it also cuts down on active play time for everyone.

Two groups has some advantages:
- Everyone can play more often because the groups are smaller
- Wider geological spread, reducing travel time for most people

You can still band versus band and hold tournaments, just requires a bit more coordination, but that's what PSN or XBL is for.
Surely two groups results in clique forming, but that can't be prevented anyway.

Just a thought.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbert wrote:
Why don't you create two meetings at the same time? We all saw last time how crowded it actually is when everyone comes. When there's that many people, it also cuts down on active play time for everyone.

You can still band versus band and hold tournaments, just requires a bit more coordination, but that's what PSN or XBL is for.
Surely two groups results in clique forming, but that can't be prevented anyway.

Just a thought.

Are you hinting that you can host, too, or is it really just a thought?

Either way, that might be a good plan, although you also don't get to meet some people...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbert wrote:

Just a thought.

Aside from the wider geological spread, there's no need to hold it at two places. I can re-arrange the living room in a way that we can have two groups of people playing on two TVs, and if neccesary, I have another TV in my bedroom. I still have to go over things with my parents (they wouldn't want me hosting it while they're on vacation), but I'm sure they'll be fine with me hosting it later this month.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new intel?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still up for it if it will be a in weekend
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can make this happen before summer break's over, so I guess a good time for the get-together is around christmas, unless a lot of people are busy during that time. Any weekend would work for me, so we could also do it somewhere in october/november. Any suggestions?
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOOO!

That was one hell of a get-together, huh? I mean, that was rea-- Wait, it hasn't been held yet?!

inaftersarcasticbump._.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: