ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
x2fr - got it finally. wow, the addiction returns.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
x2fr  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumps in Pieces.

Wulfgrenade (real band)
http://www.wulfgrenade.com

The Gurn Killers win the Harrah's $10K Rock Band Tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsAmMa6YQ4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually stole your number score song last week -_- sorry about that lol...

I just saw you had it and had to defend my 1st place scores up in that very high intensity tier :/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I just had to take that 1st back rather forcefully...

Wulfgrenade (real band)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice.

i tried it again and got 554k with a 99% -_- fuck paths....

If I didn't absolutely hate this fucking song I would play it again, but I just can't stand it at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno man, it's a pretty fun song to play... I think fuckin' Lee Majors is more annoying.

550 is still pretty sick... I know you could prob take it.

Wulfgrenade (real band)

Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That song still regularly kicks my ass.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
x2fr  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's funny what some people are good at & such... like I cannot break 840K on UMC or hit a mil on Rockit consistently, but I can regularly get 700K+ on beats n pieces..

Wulfgrenade (real band)

mDaWg  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fr wrote:
I dunno man, it's a pretty fun song to play... I think fuckin' Lee Majors is more annoying.

I tried it once and gave up haha. You can have it for now. I actually got ahold of the ps3 version so I'm playing around with that for a little while (it's not as good as the xbox version -_- sorry ps3 guys)

It's starting to piss me off that the ps3 wont upscale the game to 1080 like the 360 can... it switches to 720 when the game boots and it looks like crap because that's not my monitor's native res... Their leaderboards aren't as intense or competitive as ours either.

The one thing they do have over us though is their server speeds. There's no loading time for finding a match or viewing leaderboards. You click it and its instant. That's pretty cool I guess... I still can't get passed the awful graphics yet though.

But anyway, I'm usually pretty good at almost any song I play if I play through it once or twice :/ I usually just give up if I can't take a top score after like 1-2 tries though. I hate sitting there restarting over and over and over again like I know alot of people do... When I do that though I end up with a score like 1.7mil on rockit lol...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:
x2fr wrote:

I tried it once and gave up haha. You can have it for now. I actually got ahold of the ps3 version so I'm playing around with that for a little while (it's not as good as the xbox version -_- sorry ps3 guys)

It's starting to piss me off that the ps3 wont upscale the game to 1080 like the 360 can... it switches to 720 when the game boots and it looks like crap because that's not my monitor's native res... Their leaderboards aren't as intense or competitive as ours either.

The one thing they do have over us though is their server speeds. There's no loading time for finding a match or viewing leaderboards. You click it and its instant. That's pretty cool I guess... I still can't get passed the awful graphics yet though.

But anyway, I'm usually pretty good at almost any song I play if I play through it once or twice :/ I usually just give up if I can't take a top score after like 1-2 tries though. I hate sitting there restarting over and over and over again like I know alot of people do... When I do that though I end up with a score like 1.7mil on rockit lol...

What exactly are you playing on that makes you think the 360 version looks better? I've played both and they are identical, seriously, it's a music game.

I bet you think FF13 looks better on 360 too, fanboy.

And a leaderboard isn't more competitive just because you have more crappy players. I'm honestly sick of the 360 scrubs coming to PS3 weekly anymore trying to 'claim' top player, msging me that they beat some scrub and are now the best.
x2fr  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woaaahh bitter much Casey?

It's all good man... you & grimnir to name a few are absurdly good at this game, but you have to admit there's more competition on the XBox side. (if by virtue of nothing than market penetration). I have a PS3 and love it for some things & same with the 360.

re:Difference between the 2 games, I can't tell since I only played the ps3 version at Bestbuy & the controller was crappy.

Mdawg, yeah dude... jeezus can't help me get 1.7 mil on rockit, so yeah...

Wulfgrenade (real band)

mDaWg  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, Casey, need to take a chill pill. I've played it on both my Samsung 120hz ToC HDTV and my 1080p Samsung SyncMaster monitor. The ps3 looks worth on both displays... The PS3 always switches to 720 for games designed to run in 720. The 360 stays in 1080p, it's called upconversion...

I'm sorry but the ps3 can't upconvert to 1080 but the 360 can, so shut the fuck up. The 360 does and it looks better on my monitor and TV. I've seen it with my own eyes. It has nothing to do with fanboyism, otherwise I wouldn't have both fucking systems.

Everytime I start DJ hero it switches to 720, and don't tell me it doesnt, because it does. If you try to turn 720 off and make 1080p the only resolution the monitor supports, it switches to 480 which looks even worse. The 360 stays in 1080 mode, making text and images look alot more clear due to 1080 being my monitor's native resolution. Maybe if you play on a shitty little 4:3 TV it might look better on the PS3, but an HDTV or monitor wont.

And I hate to get like this, but I've seen what you've been saying lately and honestly you just come off as a complete dick. If you seriously want to play the "who's better" game, I'll go through and rape every score you have up on that board, now calm the fuck down.

Last edited by mDaWg on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ALL need to chill...

I know what i might say must have been repeated over and over in many places across the internet, but TO EACH HIS OWN.

Unfortunately the PS3 can't really convert some games into 1080p but i know the 360 doesn't have a problem with that, but then the 360 has it's own problems as well (internet connectivity, connection between players, etc.)

Every game console has it's highs and lows, and also each game that comes with it.

As far as which is better at this and who is the best, i'm not the type to say this, but seriously, we are complaining over a music rhythm game. I know there is competition and that's a key essential to playing a score-based game like DJ Hero, but if this is going to turn into one of those "I AM BETTER THAN YOU, I HAVE SCORES TO PROVE IT, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU BEAT THIS", then what's the point of even playing with anyone here?

I solely play the game for fun, at times i DO play with other people and i also play with some of the guys here from SH. Sometimes i win, sometimes i lose, but you know what? I am having fun and i hope the other person has fun playing an equally better/worse player as well. What kind of impression will you guys give if your a total jerk flinging your e-peen around like no tomorrow? This may not imply to everyone here, surely, but this is kind of getting a bit out of hand now.

*SIGH* on topic, screw Beats and Pieces, i got lucky to get a 5 star on it sooo i'll leave it at that score :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
We ALL need to chill...

I know what i might say must have been repeated over and over in many places across the internet, but TO EACH HIS OWN.

Unfortunately the PS3 can't really convert some games into 1080p but i know the 360 doesn't have a problem with that, but then the 360 has it's own problems as well (internet connectivity, connection between players, etc.)

Every game console has it's highs and lows, and also each game that comes with it.

As far as which is better at this and who is the best, i'm not the type to say this, but seriously, we are complaining over a music rhythm game. I know there is competition and that's a key essential to playing a score-based game like DJ Hero, but if this is going to turn into one of those "I AM BETTER THAN YOU, I HAVE SCORES TO PROVE IT, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU BEAT THIS", then what's the point of even playing with anyone here?

I solely play the game for fun, at times i DO play with other people and i also play with some of the guys here from SH. Sometimes i win, sometimes i lose, but you know what? I am having fun and i hope the other person has fun playing an equally better/worse player as well. What kind of impression will you guys give if your a total jerk flinging your e-peen around like no tomorrow? This may not imply to everyone here, surely, but this is kind of getting a bit out of hand now.

*SIGH* on topic, screw Beats and Pieces, i got lucky to get a 5 star on it sooo i'll leave it at that score :P

Thank you. Casey was the one who got into scores and who's better than who here though, not me. I just said the 360 version was more competitive. He has no room to talk about scrubs sending him messages though, considering he sent evy a message bragging about how he beat her on a song, then even renamed his accomplishment thread bragging about it.

I never said that I liked the 360 more than the PS3. I just said the DJ Hero version is better on the 360. I don't care about FFXIII's graphics or any other game's graphics for that matter. I'm also not a fanboy of either console. Hell if anything I'm a PC fanboy over either console. In my opinion the PC rules all graphics and performance wise (don't even bother trying to argue there... we all know if you have a beast PC its 100% true.)

The only reason I really use either console is for games that aren't on PC. I have them both because I'm a technology nerd. I own every stupid little gadget and tech toy out there you can find weather its useless or not. Hell, I even have a Wii... but I think that thing is a POS.

Anyway, everyone, including myself, needs to stop hijacking x2fr's accomplishment thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:
You, Casey, need to take a chill pill. I've played it on both my Samsung 120hz ToC HDTV and my 1080p Samsung SyncMaster monitor. The ps3 looks worth on both displays... The PS3 always switches to 720 for games designed to run in 720. The 360 stays in 1080p, it's called upconversion...

I'm sorry but the ps3 can't upconvert to 1080 but the 360 can, so shut the fuck up. The 360 does and it looks better on my monitor and TV. I've seen it with my own eyes. It has nothing to do with fanboyism, otherwise I wouldn't have both fucking systems.

Everytime I start DJ hero it switches to 720, and don't tell me it doesnt, because it does. If you try to turn 720 off and make 1080p the only resolution the monitor supports, it switches to 480 which looks even worse. The 360 stays in 1080 mode, making text and images look alot more clear due to 1080 being my monitor's native resolution. Maybe if you play on a shitty little 4:3 TV it might look better on the PS3, but an HDTV or monitor wont.

And I hate to get like this, but I've seen what you've been saying lately and honestly you just come off as a complete dick. If you seriously want to play the "who's better" game, I'll go through and rape every score you have up on that board, now calm the fuck down.

The only person coming off as a dick is yourself, with your snide and arrogant comments of "Harhar, I got a score with a broken arm harharhar" Seriously, if you can turn the table and press buttons, your arm isn't going to hinder you. I put my arm in a sling and sat on the floor just to compare from all the crying you were doing. My scores were no different than trying to play on a table. You've suddenly got some ego trip because of vVv (whoever the hell they are, no1 cares) and making excuses for scores that aren't bad.

Shit happens when you play, you aren't going to get 100% perfect amazing cross fading slammin button squeezing scores every time, hate to tell ya. Some of us don't even have the patience that Anubis has to spend 4-6 hours on a song like he has said, plus he uses Hyper.

I've played the 360 version on my TV, Panasonic Viera 1080p 50" alongside the PS3, and there is no real difference even IF the PS3 doesn't upscale. Seriously upscaling is a JOKE, especially when you are trying to count on the 360 to do it, a system which wasn't even originally an HD platform. You might want to get a decent TV before trying to name drop what they are. LCD is garbage compared to Plasma.

I bet you bought a DVD player that has an HDMI input for 'upscaling' didn't you? I always figured most gamers were somewhat electronically suave, thanks for proving me wrong.

I can pretty much assume it's a sure thing NOBODY plays like me on DJ Hero in relation to how I position my turn table, and yet I don't use that as an excuse. OHOH I'm also Left handed, shall I throw that into all my score comments when I so choose to upload them?

And where the hell did I try to compare scores? Now you are just making shit up.

X2DJ: As for 'market saturation', that doesn't mean there are more better players. I've seen the leaderboards on 360, Just like PS3 it's the same 10 ppl over and over again. The only difference is 360 has what, 10 really good players to PS3's 5-6... Not a real difference there considering the sales #'s of 360 DJ hero to PS3.
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyDDR wrote:
mDaWg wrote:

The only person coming off as a dick is yourself, with your snide and arrogant comments of "Harhar, I got a score with a broken arm harharhar" Seriously, if you can turn the table and press buttons, your arm isn't going to hinder you. I put my arm in a sling and sat on the floor just to compare from all the crying you were doing. My scores were no different than trying to play on a table. You've suddenly got some ego trip because of vVv (whoever the hell they are, no1 cares) and making excuses for scores that aren't bad.

Shit happens when you play, you aren't going to get 100% perfect amazing cross fading slammin button squeezing scores every time, hate to tell ya. Some of us don't even have the patience that Anubis has to spend 4-6 hours on a song like he has said, plus he uses Hyper.

I've played the 360 version on my TV, Panasonic Viera 1080p 50" alongside the PS3, and there is no real difference even IF the PS3 doesn't upscale. Seriously upscaling is a JOKE, especially when you are trying to count on the 360 to do it, a system which wasn't even originally an HD platform. You might want to get a decent TV before trying to name drop what they are. LCD is garbage compared to Plasma.

I bet you bought a DVD player that has an HDMI input for 'upscaling' didn't you? I always figured most gamers were somewhat electronically suave, thanks for proving me wrong.

I can pretty much assume it's a sure thing NOBODY plays like me on DJ Hero in relation to how I position my turn table, and yet I don't use that as an excuse. OHOH I'm also Left handed, shall I throw that into all my score comments when I so choose to upload them?

And where the hell did I try to compare scores? Now you are just making shit up.

X2DJ: As for 'market saturation', that doesn't mean there are more better players. I've seen the leaderboards on 360, Just like PS3 it's the same 10 ppl over and over again. The only difference is 360 has what, 10 really good players to PS3's 5-6... Not a real difference there considering the sales #'s of 360 DJ hero to PS3.

Wow... Unbelievable dude.

I'm done with this. I'm not wasting my time arguing with you anymore, this will be my last post related to this stupid argument.

Why don't I break your arm and see how much it hurts to try and turn a table back and forth? Just because you put your arm in a sling proves nothing. Now fuck off, you're really starting to piss me off.

And I do get pretty damn good scores almost every time... Usually without even having to restart. Especially before I broke my arm. If anything maybe 10-50k off. Just because you can't do it doesn't make it impossible.

Stop trolling around here, youtube, and other forums holding your head up high and acting like you're the best because I hate to break it to you, you're not.

And I can already tell you're pretty stupid when it comes to technology, especially with the sentance "LCD is garbage compared to Plasma." That one really just made me laugh... pretty damn hard too.

If you knew what upscaling was you'd know it makes a difference. It sets the output resolution to your TV/Monitor's Native resolution (sorry if he terms I'm using here are too technical for you) so that images and text appear a bit sharper. Try turning your computer's monitor resolution down, I guarantee you the lower you go the more blurry text becomes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: