ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH engine struggles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mav1  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: GH engine struggles Reply with quote

I'm really struggling with gh engine for vox. On the RB I have a rb2 vox fgfc and I had a few top 10 scores. What GH engine is closest to a RB engine. I've tried GH:SH, GH: Vh and GH:WOR but with horrible results. Where should I start?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adapt. there is no other solution. i have a GD:RB easy vox FGFC (yeah easy) and probably could do a Medium as well. but on GH, i can barely 5 stars some songs on easy as well. its 2 opposite world. watch video on youtube, learn from them and have the right pitch. or ask those mighty vocalist with a FSFC, they might help you more than me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB2 is the easiest engine EVAR.
That's why GH is hard.
WoR/WT are the easiest engine for GH so try those two first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto - RB2 has the greatest ammount of leeway in both franchises. The closest RB-GH transition you'll ever get is, say, RB1 to GH:WoR.

Take your time to get adapted, you can't ragequit just because you can't get 1st try FC's on GH Vocals. It's a completely different realm

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Rokit  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fact that RB vocals are way easier than GH vocals (on expert anyway, for me) that's why I don't like to play RB as much as GH. It's easier to make the transition from GH to RB than vice versa, as such (possibly why you are struggling).

Still, though you've actually tried a lot of the GH games, my recommendation is GH Smash Hits/Greatest Hits for the old vocal highway style, and GH Warriors of Rock for the new "RB style" GH highway. They're by far the easiest for me to sing in.

WT is a bad idea since the scoring of % hit doesn't always match the multiplier. Even if I'm always x4, it will say I am less than 100%, whereas any GH after that will match the multiplier to the % of notes hit accurately. WT will frustrate you that way. Just my honest opinion.
mav1  

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I am trying the gh wor engine. The closest I got to an fc was with Heart Shaped Box where I got 99 percent with 2 phrases missed. Gh: wor engine is good so far. How is the gh 5 engine in comparison to gh wor?
memesis  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mav1 wrote:
Ok so I am trying the gh wor engine. The closest I got to an fc was with Heart Shaped Box where I got 99 percent with 2 phrases missed. Gh: wor engine is good so far. How is the gh 5 engine in comparison to gh wor?

The WoR engine is largely unchanged from GH5 aside from some bug fixes. The biggest change is that there is now a small "gimme" window at the start of every pitch. The leniency on this is pretty huge, but like I said, it only covers a small amount of the beginning of the pitch, so you still have to be able to deliver on the pitch. It was implemented to give players a bit more of a chance to find the pitch, and in order to alleviate some of the frustrations that came with the quick shorter notes that proved to be a bit unreasonable in GH5/BH.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: