ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rockit Expert Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikolai3035  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Rockit Expert Help Reply with quote

I realize that there's a topic for multiple scratches in the same direction, but that only helps to a certain extent.

The numerous forward scratches on Rockit essentially require spinning the platter forward 360 degrees while tapping green/blue, which I am unable to do. Does anybody have any advice for this song specifically?

Keep in mind, I just moved up to expert from hard, so any game terms might have to be explained to me, since I primarily play Rock Band and have only recently begun playing DJ Hero with any regularity.
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single direction scratches are still a problem for me, but I seem to be hitting them more often than before. There's pretty much only two section in rockit that have a lot of single direction scratches, there are several sections with a few, but I'll just stick to the larger sections which are right next to each other. If you can do these section, you can most likely do the others.

What I do is place the buttons at about 7 o'clock to give me ample room for upward movement. Keep in mind, you don't have to make big scratches for it to count. The first section is all ups, so start at the 7 or 8 o'clock mark, and hit each scratch like an individual scratch (press + push, release quick) If you start reaching about 9 - 10 o'clock, use the space between separate scratch sections to bring the buttons back down to about 8 o'clock to give you more upward space again.

Now the section after this is numerous single direction scratches that alternate. up,up,up,up....taps then down,down,down,down...taps etc. Again, start at about the 7 or 8 o'clock mark and do the ups the same as before, but don't move the buttons back down after the ups because the following down scratches will bring it back down for you.

That's pretty much what I do. Other than that, you just gotta practice and find something that works for you. This is pretty much the only thing that prevents me from 100%ing most songs. I'm currently trying to test out different techniques. Good luck.
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing really well with two different techniques that have REALLY worked well on Rockit. I'm gonna make a hands vid showing these two techniques right now actually... so if you see this message, check back in a bit for my edit: addition (unless someone else posts, in which case I'll post a new post)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I spin the record 360 degrees and it works every time. I can FC the part with the up,up,up,up,up then down,down,down,down every singe time.

I don't know how the other good players here do it, but I'd recommend practicing it a little bit. Once you get it down its REALLY easy to do. You just have to figure out how to hit the button and make the platter move at the same time. I use one finger the entire section (except for the parts that require hitting green and blue) and slightly push it forward at the same time with that finger. I try to move it an equal amount between each button press. Usually when doing this the platter ends up on the proper position once the section is over.

As for the part before that where it goes up,up,up break up,up,up break up,up,up etc. I usually start the platter at about 4 o clock and move it to about 2 o clock while tapping the button 3 times.

Keep in mind, I play differently than most players here. I always have the buttons on the right, while most play with the buttons on the left. I'm not sure why, but I find it alot easier to play like this, while the others say the same thing about the opposite.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you play lefty flip?
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, buttons right.

Lefty flip would be switching the mixer from the left side of the turntable to the right side.

I play with the buttons on the right side of the platter, still using my right hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: