ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FC note count variance (better explanation w/vid)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: FC note count variance (better explanation w/vid) Reply with quote

Okay, so a bit ago I brought up the issue with anti-squeezing and rewinds, and how it can drop a note from your song, leaving you with 99% on a full combo run.

This explains the 99% full combo runs, but NOT the 30+ note count variance in full combo's we've had... After playing around, I think I have found out where this actually comes from. Check this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oriQ0rVSqww

For those who didn't watch the vid, or want a txt overview, basically the game engine gives points for ticks in crossfade, and awards a "combo credit" for x ticks in crossfade. If you fade out late, or in early, you will lose ticks, which can also mean combo credit. So make sure when you play to fade out early, and in late, to make sure you get all these points.

I believe this, while it seems like a small effect.. can definitely add to a 30+ note difference in many songs for the FC.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vid.
Now, can you please find how is this possible ?

(594/597, no combo break, 595 streak )

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the 99% full combos are from rewind squeezing. Basically when you are in a rewind your notes do not count for combo. Rewinds are measured by time, just like euphoria. So if you rewind before a note, then play it before the rewind runs out, the note is not counted because it was never played outside rewind.

I'll likely make a vid showcasing it soon ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that too. When I was trying to get my Boom/Tap score on hard, I rewound here.

---^

But when I came back around, I hit the R under the 8x. Now, I didn't finish the song with an FC so I don't know if it would result in a 99%, but this is definitely interesting when it comes to scoring (ie what's better, hitting the note under 8x, hitting the notes in 4x and 8x, etc) and how it affects the rewind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: