ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vocals SP during Full Band play?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Vocals SP during Full Band play? Reply with quote

I've been looking into making Full Band paths lately (by hand, not some sort of path generator), but as I'm completely unfamiliar with the scoring system on vocals, I had a few difficulties making accurate paths.

I've looked up some vids on YouTube and I think I now a good understanding of the scoring/SP system on GH:WT (which I'm mainly looking at now).

First of all, could anyone verify the following points:

- The score the vocalist will get for every phrase = 500*percentage hit*multiplier*band multiplier
- When SP is active, the vocalist will get no additional SP for hitting a phrase.

Though, the main question for me is: how much SP does the band get when the vocalist completes a phrase? In singleplayer, it's 1/4 SP (= 1 measure of SP) for every phrase hit, but it seems you get less during BQP. If I'm right, you get less than 1/4 SP if you hit between 80-90% of a phrase, but how much do you get exactly during single player or, more importantly, during multiplayer?

Any help would be much appreciated...
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the entire band's Star Power system is completely different for one thing - only one full crystal is needed for Star Power to be ready, and the vocalist's would need to accomodate for that.

In theory, during band quickplay, a vocalist completing a phrase would earn half a crystal of star power. Alone they'd end up with one and a half. In both instances, they would be another phrase away from having Star Power ready to use.

Because there's more players involved in a band, there'd obviously be more Star Power at disposal as well - the maximum amount of star power in a band run is ultimately 3 times as much as one would normally achieve in single player.

And when one player activates Star Power, it's treated as if they only had the minimum amount obtained in solo player (the equivalent of half a meter) and only one crystal depletes itself from the tank.

I hope this helps, unless I apparently missed something o_O

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Well, the entire band's Star Power system is completely different for one thing - only one full crystal is needed for Star Power to be ready, and the vocalist's would need to accomodate for that.

In theory, during band quickplay, a vocalist completing a phrase would earn half a crystal of star power. Alone they'd end up with one and a half. In both instances, they would be another phrase away from having Star Power ready to use.

Because there's more players involved in a band, there'd obviously be more Star Power at disposal as well - the maximum amount of star power in a band run is ultimately 3 times as much as one would normally achieve in single player.

And when one player activates Star Power, it's treated as if they only had the minimum amount obtained in solo player (the equivalent of half a meter) and only one crystal depletes itself from the tank.

I'm aware of pretty much everything you described here, but the main question is still left unanswered. The maximum amount of SP you can get during Full Band play is 24 measures (= 6 full crystals), you need at least 16 measures of SP (= 4 crystals) if you want everyone to activate at the same time. When the Guitar/Bass player or drummer hits an SP phrase, the band will get an additional 2 measures of SP (= 1/2 crystal), but it seems the vocalist gets less than that for hitting a phrase, so: how many measures of SP do you get during Full Band play when the vocalist completes a phrase? Do you get more/less SP if the vocalist gets a higher/lower percentage during a phrase (but still hits enough to keep streak)?
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a vocalist completes a phrase, they would obtain the same amount of star power as a drummer or a guitar/bassist minus whammying typically would. This is true for the Smash Hits sytem, where the percentage of the phrase hit is not taken into the equation (the game treats it as if the entire phrase was hit entirely pitch-perfect).

Due to the percentage sensitivity for World Tour, I am pretty sure that with that in play, the player would end up with slightly less depending on how much of the phrase they hit. But don't quote me on that, because I don't sing on there very much >_>

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
kire  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
Wooffus wrote:

I'm aware of pretty much everything you described here, but the main question is still left unanswered. The maximum amount of SP you can get during Full Band play is 24 measures (= 6 full crystals), you need at least 16 measures of SP (= 4 crystals) if you want everyone to activate at the same time. When the Guitar/Bass player or drummer hits an SP phrase, the band will get an additional 2 measures of SP (= 1/2 crystal), but it seems the vocalist gets less than that for hitting a phrase, so: how many measures of SP do you get during Full Band play when the vocalist completes a phrase? Do you get more/less SP if the vocalist gets a higher/lower percentage during a phrase (but still hits enough to keep streak)?

on WT you can keep streak with a solid, thus meaning less SP but still streaking, so solid = yellow flash, less than 95% of the phrase I guess, till 80% excellent = green flash, more than 95% of the phrase

on the other games, only excellent kkeps your streak, but solid still gives a bit of sp, and excellent gives the sp needed, but you only need 90% to keep your streak on this one if I'm correct

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: