ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Wanna be the Guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh ill give it a shot!

thanks

EDIT

ive officially beat iwbtg on hard + collected all items! i feel like ive finally beat the game the way it shud be, time to try these other games
NU Grad 2015
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are some goddamn tips for passing the Ghosts n' Goblins part? I can get passed that one part where the 3 cherries fall to the right, but the next screen gives me hell and turns me into JMan. Any tips?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the zombie-infested room?

Wait for a wide enough opening, jump down, go crazy.
Once you're through it's just some well-timed jumps. Oh and the cliff at the right falls inward when you try to jump to it so you have to jump a bit short.

If I'm talking about the wrong room, tell me, but this is what I think you're talking about <_<

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be the room. Although I can't even really get up to the 2nd moving platform now without dying.

fffffff

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
Simpsonfreak17  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that you had already beaten the game on Hard.

Graciously documenting our future retards
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: simpsonfreak17
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was close on my first computer (beat every boss but the Guy and Mecha Birdo... also I technically beat Hulk-Grief, does pressing k a lot count? <_<) but I lost all of my skill now D:

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently been following MaximusBlack's playthrough on Youtube, and it made me want to pick up the game where I left it 3 years and a half ago. Back then, I managed to reach The Guy on Medium, but I gave up on him after a while, after which I started a game on Hard, reached the Hall Of Former The Guys, got all the items except the final one (the one right before The Elevator Of The Guy), and then I quit playing the game.

/Contains spoilers, do not read if you haven't played through the game and don't want it to be ruined\

So yeah, I picked the game back up, started a new game on Medium, and after getting the hang of the game again, I managed to reach The Guy again. After much pain, I ended up FINALLY beating him, and becoming the guy. Then I went on and beat the game on Hard, and finally, I decided to try Very Hard.

The first path I tried was going right, straight to Mecha Birdo. After reaching the screen with the moving spikes tunnel, and seeing that I hadn't encountered a save point yet, I decided to give up on that path. I went up and played past Mike Tyson, which wasn't too bad, then decided to go back to the first screen and go for other paths, instead of going straight for Mecha Birdo. So I ended up doing Dracula and Mecha Birdo last, but I had become much better at not dying by then. :P

The minecart ride was a bit of a pain, especially since I have no clue what I do wrong when I die in the last bit, because I swear I always do the same thing, and sometimes it sends me flying into the spikes instead of sending me in the right direction. :x The Palace Of The Guy went down without too much trouble. I'd say that the Lu Bu room is my worst now. I beat The Guy on the second try, which was awesome. (I actually died because of his flying spike teeth RIGHT after killing him, and I was about to hit R, but then the cinematic started playing and I knew I had won. lol)

All in all, Very Hard was, well... very hard. ;P But I'm happy I kept to it until the end. It took about 3 days of work to beat. (Mike, Motherbrain, Kraidgief, Bowser last weekend, Dracula and Mecha Birdo yesterday and minecart through the end today.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWBTFG next.
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
IWBTFG next.

I did end up playing a lot of that this week end. I think I made it pretty far, I've killed 4 bosses. (I think, 3 gaves me keys and the 4th one was that kind of blue wizard thing.) Right now I am at some sort of room with bats coming after me and pushing me towards the ceiling, and goddamn was it pissing me off, had to quit playing. :P Also, that one room with piranha plants coming out of pipes, blocks falling from the ceiling and other blue piranha plants shooting fireballs, THAT took me forever. Then at some point I realised I could just rush my way through it instead of triggering one block at a time, and it took me 2 minutes to pass it after that. >___> lol

Anyways, I'll play some more next week end! ;p

EDIT: Just beat it! After being stuck on that goddamn elevator for a while, I finally managed to get past it, and then the final boss wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I am the Fan Game. I don't think I will attempt this one on any other level. :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't beat the minecart ride on very hard, so close but i don't have the motivation to go through the slow nonsense.

i want to play IWBTFG at school, but it doesn't run on a mac...
NU Grad 2015
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamelTower wrote:
i can't beat the minecart ride on very hard, so close but i don't have the motivation to go through the slow nonsense.

The Minecart was hell for me on Very Hard, especially the last part with all those long jumps, I literally have no clue what to do there in order to get it right, because it seems to me like I do the same thing everytime and it just ends up randomly, most of the time right on a goddamn spike. :x I did get lucky after a while, and then the Castle of The Guy isn't really that bad compared to what you've already passed. Good luck if you ever decide to go for it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never actually finished IWBTFG. I got to the final boss, then accidentally beat him with a glitch- you could enter the screen with him, then immediately go left before the spikes came out, and it would treat it as if you'd killed him. I assumed that was what you were supposed to do, but I later (after I'd won) learned that NOPE THAT'S NOT IT. And I certainly don't really want to play through the whole game again just for that.

I also managed to lose my save file on the next-to-last point of Very Hard a while back, right before the rising platform to The Guy.

The mine cart ride really isn't that bad, you just have to get the timing of everything down.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me a download link to a game on Medium at The Hall of Former The Guys? My friend deleted my save and I don't want to have to re-do pretty much the whole game. Anybody who can help will make me extremely happy. thanks
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
Can someone give me a download link to a game on Medium at The Hall of Former The Guys? My friend deleted my save and I don't want to have to re-do pretty much the whole game. Anybody who can help will make me extremely happy. thanks

>medium

WUSS.

Here's a save fixer. http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/Drrnloads/iwbtf.jar
Qhorin  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread necro'd because of "I Wanna Be The Guy: Gaiden" release.

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

Anyone brave enough? :3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: