Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump with another INSANE FC, booyah!

---

Update: December 24th 2009

Video Feature: Through the Fire and Flames

I am most aware that I had a terrible moment with my Star Power near the end of the recording. Alas, it WAS my best score at the time, so we can't argue with that. On that note, that's the last of the GH:SH recordings up on my Dailymotion account!

GH5 FGFC Progress Report - It's been a difficult plight for today, since one of them left me emotionally strained and ultimately got the notorious title for "my quietest ever FC", hehe. Still, let me take you through what I managed to do.

The first four were attempted straight on without any practice, and were all solved in 15 minutes or less.
It probably didn't help that some of the few vocal phrases for "Feel Good Inc" seemed really short and tight to nail the phrases - having to go into the pitches during any spoken lines actually made a difference for me between a solid and an excellent rating.
"Sneak Out" was done in 2 takes after about 10 minutes practice. I thought the wailing might make it a little difficult, but I'm glad I got it so quick.
Now, "Wolf Like Me", on the other hand, is what I want to call the "Thunder Kiss 65" of this game. The verses are freakin' MURDER, and actually tricky to get them down so precisely while knowing the right pitches at the same time. Plus, it probably didn't help that my dad was taking a nap in the room next to mine, so my vocal recording there was a REAL Mumbelina moment from me.

Still, that's 6 FCs down, and heading into the 20s in total. I think I'd be deserving a well deserved break for a while, so on that note, Merry Christmas!

[STOP PRESS!] OMG, CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT THIS:

And that was under a slight alcoholic influence! I don't think I'm EVER going to repeat that feat for some time, hahaha.

[This entry has been archied here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, you blew my mind with this one, Woofus. Fame...I can't get beyond 90% on that thing. Seems the Christmas Eve is being way more productive than you could ever think!

About we've been talkin' about earlier, you spoke of Free Bird, that scrapes the bottom of my chest voice, as well as the verses of In My Place, whose choruses aren't on falsetto like Shiver, so they're no go unless I was a tenor. But if you're an alto, and can sing soprano, that's great! I can't sing bass, I can't sing tenor. ANYWAY...

...I wish you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I doubt I could naturally hit them in real life either (and it freakin' SURPRISED me when I nailed that low pitch). But in all honesty, that's as low as I can go, in somwhere that I would call my "bowel voice".

I was pretty sure you could be able to hit a little lower yourself, after seeing what you did with "Runnin' Down a Dream" on your YT page. But if you insist not, then I'll take your word for it.

For a laugh, I thought I'd take "Sympathy for the Devil" into a sightread session. Turned out surprinsgly well - only a 92% hit rate, but once I start working on all the tricky part and inconsistencies, I might go somewhere.

But when will I return next? I don't know. The next few days are going to be mightily unpredictable in nature, so we'll see what happens as we head closer to the dawn of 2010.

Until then, have a happy Christmas, everybody

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm pretty sure I can sing low baritone somehow, except on Ring of Fire; that shit is too low for me at some phrases! My preference on Vocals is to go Icemage-style, downshifting most of the songs in one octave, so I can use just one octave when I can and be on comfort zone.

That's why I like mezzo-soprano/countertenor songs much better than the Tenor ones, because they're mostly one octave higher than me, so they fit like a glove too. My "Don't Speak" vid is an example of it As for tenor songs, the lower notes may be too low for me if I downshift 'em all together too.

Anyway, Merry Christmas again! "No One Knows" how much time you'll have to play, so everything may happen, even a "Sympathy for the Devil" FC!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...did we inadvertedly slip in a Queens of the Stone Age reference? :P

Anyway, still taking a breather for the Christmas week, but I can say I'm having a blast. My banners would be updated soon, because I'm now officially a sibling of a DJ Hero player (true, he's on medium, but he's doing pretty good at it so far; however, he wants to keep calling me a "show-off" just because I play expert guitar, even though I'm not all that good at it).

On top of that, one of my kid girl cousins had received Band Hero from Santa, so I asked her nicely for the code on her manual and I'm going to see if I can import some of those songs to challenge my vox box there in the future. I don't want to admit it because of the playlist and the apparent ease of the guitar songs (5*'d "Lifeline" on my first try!), but this is going to be fun

werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:

Anyway, still taking a breather for the Christmas week, but I can say I'm having a blast. My banners would be updated soon, because I'm now officially a sibling of a DJ Hero player (true, he's on medium, but he's doing pretty good at it so far; however, he wants to keep calling me a "show-off" just because I play expert guitar, even though I'm not all that good at it).

On top of that, one of my kid girl cousins had received Band Hero from Santa, so I asked her nicely for the code on her manual and I'm going to see if I can import some of those songs to challenge my vox box there in the future. I don't want to admit it because of the playlist and the apparent ease of the guitar songs (5*'d "Lifeline" on my first try!), but this is going to be fun

Trust me if you do BH vox you'll be in for a challenge. I'm ashamed of this but I 1*ed ABC SR(it was almost 2* though)...58%...its HARD!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, after watching toymachine's sightread on Youtube I know how hard it looks. XD It's Michael Jackson, what do we expect?

Alas, I've still got the on-disc content to deal with way before I even consider the Band Hero imports. And I still believe that they will still take a while myself.

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:

I admit, that was intentional

Anyway, being seen that you've been destroying some of the hard songs on GH5, you can probably nail at least most of Band Hero. It has its "Iron Three", which is "ABC" (where I had to drop TWO octaves to go flail though MJ's part, just to get totally lost at the whole song 'cause I had to sing the other singer's parts), "Turn Off the Light" (faaast, although I got on it) and "American Pie" (besides being a long song, it is a pain for me 'cause it's a tenor song, i.e. I gotta use like 2 or 3 octaves AND has loooots of variations that make this song a chokefest).

But...besides these three, the game has a big share of hard songs, with charts that are impregnated with short phrases, meaning less margin for error.

4 songs aren't exportable, most people were sad because one of 'em was "Mr. Roboto". Well, if you don't mind still, have fun with it!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I suppose I could feel the same way since my biggest music passion is 80s pop rock; alas, I can't really cry over spilt milk. Styx or no Styx, I'm going to be just fine.

And I really AM just fine right about now because I managed to smuggle in 3 more FCs. So if you reply to me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy... and some taste.
(Figured out what the big one is yet? )

---

Update: December 27th, 2009

So, it's been a wonderful Christmas, hasn't it? I've been mainly taking a break from FCing, mingling with family, being merry and taking a break from rhythm games thanks to New Super Mario Bros. Wii ending up in my present pile (it's a good game so far, hehe). But enough on that, let me get onto the updates for tonight.

Video Feature: In the Meantime

So much for a "beginning of January" due date - this one ended up being up a little earlier than anticipated. It's at least a good preview of how my progress is coming along, which is rare to call it a "good" one since I must've been pretty knackered after the long six-hour stint in front of the TV. Alas, there we go.

GH5 Progress Update: So I managed to come home from a family party alone to find that I was alone in the house for the first time in 3 days. I saw it as a perfect opportunity to boot up GH5 and attempt some more FCs. Here's the first two:

I was expecting "Runnin' Down a Dream" to be a cakewalk, since I love playing the guitar part on that song so much. Alas, nothing prepared me for the light variations throughout the song, and the big chalkable bit with the final chorus variation. But at least it was still very fun.
"Hurts So Good" however ended up being a case of slur-city during the break between the second and last choruses; otherwise, that ended up taking quicker than I thought to be able to nail it. Both songs were indeed done without any practice.

And then I thought there'd be enough time at the end to do a third and final FC. Sure, it took me about an hour's warmup to finally get this one down, but it's freakin' worth it because I DREADED it so freakin' much:

Another toughie down, at last! I suppose the Christmas Eve sightread paid off

So yes, one lucky day of FC-ing out of the way. I've got plans for New Year's Eve, so keep your fingers crossed...!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I'm doing that ironic laugh upon the shame that you just brought me in to. Then, I check the rest.

Now for the rest of 'em...both aren't too shabby. Especially Hurts So Good, where I lost like half of the time I lost with Under Pressure (and that's way too much if you ask me), all because of that blasted bridge.

But Sympathy for the Devil...the slamming starts all on 4th chorus. But, OBVIOUSLY, it's me who gets slammed in the floor. Then that song cleans the floor with my head all the way towards end. You're damn insane, Wooffus. Another reason why you're all good for the FGFC. There's nothing that can make you say that you're not totally used to the GH5 engine, right?

Looking forward to THAT day!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe not yet. Quite a few of my video-taped FCs are of the slursville variety still, but I'll see what happens. I may need to redo "Wolf Like Me" and "Fame" in the future because though I scored the FCs, they were still pretty embarassing.

I suppose all I have to wait on now is the next opportunity that I can bust out some FCs, whenever that'll be. The next stumbling block I have to think of now is "Superstition", but I've not a clue when I'd make a first step on that one, mind you.

tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, forgot about that. But hey, there's still no reason to be skeptical at all I believe you can be motivated by the fact that if you get "Superstition", you'd probably get rid of the major pressure, like I did with the Top 10 on GHWT.

Also, mind you, most of my FC's are all slurcity, despite nothing that was taped is. Either I hate the song (even if "Misery Business" was slow, boo, no way, etc.), or it's too hard (really, who the hell wants to FC "One Way or Another" on either GHWT or RB2 without slurring?) or it has really fast lyrics or I just want to get things over faster...or I just don't have the confidence to articulate heavily on a harsh engine.

Anyway, I opened an account on DailyMotion, so I can follow your stuff with more...privileges.

werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sympathy for the Devil!? The FGFC is all your's now...just get it and stop the suspense...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying as hard as I can; it all comes down to how much time I could allocate myself throughout this otherwise hectic Christmas break.

Alas, I managed to secure more time to myself today, so I managed to get some more done. I've sharpened up the so-called "big axe" and managed to see destruction to 7 more FCs, and I'll update the first post accordingly.

(Nice story, Bev; tell it to Reader's Digest!)

...yeah... sure.

---

Update: 28th December 2009

Video Feature Double: Dancing With Myself | Send a Little Love Token

The next two FCs completed chronologically. The second one also has my most humble thoughts against the new freeform system - I appreciate the decision to ditch those seeking high scoring points from those things entirely, but they should've done something more useful than just a little boost in the rock meter. ^_^*

GH5 Progress Report: So, seven new FCs and one heck of a ride today. I got some alone-time today, thanks to a shopping trip and a premier league soccer match drifting the other home dwellers apart for much of the day. Let me start with the first six:

"Lithium" and "Seven" were both sightreads. One of them's a very stale song with little means of pitch bending (but still beautiful nonetheless); the other was another one inspired by watching more of dogfood's stuff on Youtube. But I don't intend to sound like neither him nor Kurt Cobain - I just wanted to be me.
"One Big Holiday" took a little longer than I was expecting, but I never took it into practice anyway. And when I DID catch the FC, one of my cats came into my room carrying a hedgehog puppet, wanting me to play with him. Aw, bless.
"They Say" had a vocal lyric stumble moment - instead of singing the "Thank God it's all about to end" line, I continued with the "They say it's all about to end" line as heard in previous chorus variations. And that DID end up on the vocal FC recording; I'll keep it for the heck of it.
"Sex on Fire" and "20th Century Boy" were both songs I knew well and both took 2-5 goes to clear the FCs on those. And I thought I'd do better... >_>

Following that, I got an invite from emokyle at the GH hub boards (bass example | guitar example) to play online, and I took the vox on there for fun (my first time!). Thankfully we mostly did songs I already did; the only one that was a sightread was "Plug In Baby" but that was still fun, so thank you very much.

And finally, there had to be a big, chunky FC to finish off with. It may not be as big as the others, but I'm still proud of it:

The more hilarious thing was that in the middle of the FC scoring take, Dad just HAD to barge in, return the Wii remotes that I apprently left behind at a party last night, and inform me of kid cousins spending the evening with me. Maybe I should keep the talk for the lulz of it, mwahaha.

Still, I'm of course still keen to keep making progress on this one. Riding into 30-something FCs now!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veddy nice on Sweating Bullets! After Under Pressure, that's actually the only harder song I should go for with my actual skills, even with it being a terrible chart and all

Also, yay for 2 new videos. Will check them ASAP. Keep racking them up, B- *shot* I mean, Wooffus!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 3 of 49

Jump to: