Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Between the Buried and Me
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Between the Buried and Me Reply with quote

Yeah, you saw it coming.

One of the most popular bands on SH, if you haven't ever listened to them, do so now. If so, discuss!
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my top 5 bands, if not number 1. Pretty god tier. Colors, Alaska and The Great Misdirect are pretty much flawless works. The Silent Circus has my favorite song by them (Mordecai), but the self titled album sucks.

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
One of my top 5 bands, if not number 1. Pretty god tier. Colors, Alaska and The Great Misdirect are pretty much flawless works. The Silent Circus has my favorite song by them (Mordecai), but the self titled album sucks.
ST album is more of a Deathcore to me with some melody. I think the order of good in the albums are from release. As in

The Great Misdirect > Colors > Alaska > Silent Circus > S/T

Not including The Anatomy Of and Colors Live.

Prequel is still my favorite song (nearly 200 plays), with Foam Born (A) close, then Mordecai (but better with Reaction/Shevanel)
drewbles  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colors is my most played album. I've listened through that more times then I've listened through Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?.

Ants of the Sky is the shit. The way that AOTS and PTTS form into each other on the album is sick.

Im sad because I still haven't heard much of the new album. Some say its not as good as Colors?

My friend Rickles recently purchased it. So perhaps I can borrow it off him and give it a full listen. I shouldn't be to disappointing, I love Between the Buried and Me. Anything I hear by them I should enjoy in one way or another whether its Paul Waggoner's guitar work, Blake Richardson's drumming, or Tommy Rogers sick motherfucking vocals!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Walls,Prequel, and Desert Of Song <3
Mordecai is amazing also, extremely heavy but nice...and the whole The Great Misdirect album is amazing as well.
Parama  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Misdirect is a more consistent album than Colors but it's lacking the epic feel, plus Colors has 3 "amazing" songs, while TGM has 1 "amazing" song and the rest are just "great" songs. Well, Swim to the Moon is a "meh" song really.
Also, Fossil Genera is the best BTBAM song. So awesome.
I've tried listening to their older stuff but it's just too different and not the type of music I want to listen to. Though Selkies is a great song regardless.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
The Great Misdirect is a more consistent album than Colors but it's lacking the epic feel, plus Colors has 3 "amazing" songs, while TGM has 1 "amazing" song and the rest are just "great" songs. Well, Swim to the Moon is a "meh" song really.
Also, Fossil Genera is the best BTBAM song. So awesome.
I've tried listening to their older stuff but it's just too different and not the type of music I want to listen to. Though Selkies is a great song regardless.

Swim to the moon has such an epic ending, mainly if you've listen to the whole album through. That entire 6 song album is freaking awesome. To everyone reading this without it who has liked any of BTBAM, buy it. NOW!

To me the album was just so amazing. It feels dark quite a bit, but it still has the cool variety BTBAM is so good at.

And yes...Fossil Genera is awesome.

Check out my band: http://www.youtube.com/user/EverydayGrindMusic
Parama  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam12343210 wrote:

Swim to the moon has such an epic ending, mainly if you've listen to the whole album through. That entire 6 song album is freaking awesome. To everyone reading this without it who has liked any of BTBAM, buy it. NOW!

Well, it has a lot of build-up with that final chorus, and then more build-up... and then it just ends. It makes me feel like they ran out of time to write a proper ending to the song.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my complaint with TGM as well. It lacked a great ending. S/T ended with Shevanel Cut a Flip, which had a nice melodic, mellow 2nd half that fit perfect to end to the album. Silence Circus has the secret song withing The Need for Repetition, Man-Land, which kicks ass. Alaska has Laser Speed, the acoustic work of Paul Waggoner, which is a work of art. Colors, of course has the epic ending that White Walls had to offer, and The Great Misdirect ends with a riff that had appeared earlier in the Swim to the Moon, followed by a Major 7th chord that just fades out.

I love the album, and it's still one of my favorites, but among my other favorites above it is most of the other BTBAM albums. Going in order: Colors > Silent Circus > The Great Misdirect > Alaska > S/T

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
but the self titled album sucks.

Take it back.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:

Take it back.

No can do. It sounded really generic to me. It didn't have that unique BTBAM quality. I'll listen to it again, but the first time I heard it I had a hard time finishing it.

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they done anything instrumental? I've only heard Prequel To The Sequel, and only then thanks to Rock Band, and I can't bring myself to listen to it all the way through because of the screeching.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Have they done anything instrumental? I've only heard Prequel To The Sequel, and only then thanks to Rock Band, and I can't bring myself to listen to it all the way through because of the screeching.

Try listening to the last 3 minutes of Mordecai through (Shevanel Take 2), or the last 2-3 minutes of Selkies: The Endless Obsession. Those are probably my favorite things that BTBAM has done.

MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:

Take it back.

No can do. It sounded really generic to me. It didn't have that unique BTBAM quality. I'll listen to it again, but the first time I heard it I had a hard time finishing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGlKXlXVTI

Even if only for this song, Take it back.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:

Take it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGlKXlXVTI

Even if only for this song, Take it back.

Haha, I was just about to post Aspirations.

Also, not enough love for Alaska. I got into BtBaM right before this album came out, and when it dropped I became obsessed. All Bodies, Alaska, Selkies, Roboturner: all absolutely amazing.

Though, I will give Colors my number 1 rating. That album will never get old.

Also, seeing them January 23rd. Lovin' life right about now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: