ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 voxtar activation fail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: GH5 voxtar activation fail Reply with quote

Okay so, Christmas just passed and I got GH5 aswell as a Rock Band M.I.C (Its basically a microphone without the need for a controller as it has buttons on it).

Anyways as I was playing my way through the career I fancied doing a bit of voxtar, I chose Plug in Baby and started off on a high note. (pun not intended) After hitting the buildup to the chorus with the band moment I tried to activate star power how I would in GHWT, by biting the mic and tilting the guitar, the guitar activated but the mic didn't.

So after finishing the song I played some vocals to see if it was just that instance. It wasn't only then that I couldnt activate by blowing, I had to press the A button on the mic to activate star power.

I obviously can't do this while playing guitar at the same time as the buttons are on the mic and I can't put a controller on the floor and use my foot to activate. So I was wondering if anybody has the same problem and has any advice / solutions. or if anybody could help at all..

Thanks in advance :P

EDIT: Heres a picture of the mic showing the A B X and Y buttons on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture's broken, by the way.

I play on the Wii, and I use the mic from World Tour. A Wii Remote on the ground is not as convenient, since that the Wii Remote will either flip over if I try to press A, or also press the volume buttons when I try to press B.

Apparently, I heard a lot of people didn't like the activation of Star Power in GH v4 (World Tour, Metallica, Smash Hits, and Van Halen) since it activated itself a lot, even though there is an option to deactivate this ability.

So I think they took out the whole thing in GH v5 (GH5, Band Hero, and beyond) and just made it on the button.

As for you, make some kind of foot pedal that press the button. I'm not sure if it will be obstructive though. Hope this helps.

FG5*s - GHM, GH5, BH, Ipod

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 5365523106737744
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: