ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Music Genre Idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punger  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Music Genre Idea Reply with quote

This is my idea that could possible or maybe not bring back guitar hero style games and/or add more awesome to it

http://i.imgur.com/KjueLwZ.jpg

That picture shows off what it could look like. Text included with the main amount of ideas that would help as well as explanations

In addition, the black/white note idea I got from how the One solo is played. In GH3, you use two hands to tap at the top of the guitar where as played on a real guitar, both hands at the bottom with one tapping the lowest part of the neck from what I've seen in videos of the solo.

i realize this really isn't enough to bring it back in to swing but any thoughts?
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a lot like the convoluted gimmicks that made the series not get its planned reboot. (They had planned 6 strumbars or some nonsense.)

It'd literally be better to have a real guitar, rocksmith style, than add more to the existing five button formula. (Especially given that any additions to the hardware means that literally every existing GH guitar would no longer work.) Peripherals are a major reason the series died originally, having a new one that's harder to play casually wouldn't help things.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IDEA FUCKING SUCKS

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
THIS IDEA FUCKING SUCKS

Thanks for feedback anyways
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it needs more buttons
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
THIS IDEA FUCKING SUCKS

What was the point of this?

Anyways, it's an interesting idea but I don't think the best way to reboot is to make people buy a brand new guitar to use the most interesting feature of the game. To get casual people back into the game you need to show them the awesome new features they can access with the guitar that they already have sitting in their closet. I also don't think a real guitar is the right answer. People don't play guitar hero for the real guitar they already have rock smith and rockband's pro options for that.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Music Genre Idea Reply with quote

Punger wrote:
This is my idea that could possible or maybe not bring back guitar hero style games and/or add more awesome to it

http://i.imgur.com/KjueLwZ.jpg

That picture shows off what it could look like. Text included with the main amount of ideas that would help as well as explanations

In addition, the black/white note idea I got from how the One solo is played. In GH3, you use two hands to tap at the top of the guitar where as played on a real guitar, both hands at the bottom with one tapping the lowest part of the neck from what I've seen in videos of the solo.

i realize this really isn't enough to bring it back in to swing but any thoughts?

I don't think this is the direction they're going in...
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the matrix of difficulty you want could bring; but, as the Helpful Hamster already pointed out, this is far too similar to the gimmicks that the nonexistent GH7 would have implemented to be a good idea. I believe the best thing to do is to create a new game for fans of the genre with enough changes to shake up the format, but not so much it muddles the game (for example, implementing the multiple timing windows of its forefathers could create some new strategy when combined with the SP system). I just want a simple GH1 to A-esque game. I would be fine with removing drums and vocals (though, I would still keep solo bass). Heck, I'd be fine with going back to covers. Just a small game that adds a bit of strategy while still easily being able to access the game with my guitar. One that doesn't try to bring in new fans, but instead tries to appeal to existing fans.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
xbillax  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all I could ever ask for is a new 6th fret, it would make everything totally awesome
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbillax wrote:
all I could ever ask for is a new 6th fret, it would make everything totally awesome

Yeah I can't wait to buy a new guitar controller so I can do chords that literally destroy my hand.

Anyone who has ever wanted a sixth fret wants it for single notes and HOPOs, not thinking that it's gonna get used for chords too. Every single GO chord that exists in GH today would be even worse since the buttons would be farther apart. That's not even getting into chords like GRO.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant do GO chords. FML !

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
xbillax wrote:

Yeah I can't wait to buy a new guitar controller so I can do chords that literally destroy my hand.

Anyone who has ever wanted a sixth fret wants it for single notes and HOPOs, not thinking that it's gonna get used for chords too. Every single GO chord that exists in GH today would be even worse since the buttons would be farther apart. That's not even getting into chords like GRO.

Sarcasm aside, your post is just saying you don't want a sixth button because you assume they will immediately be using the widest stretch the controller would allow. That's not necessarily true... look at Guitar Hero 1-3 and ask yourself; how common were those big chords? They only became more common later on because they wanted to shake up the charts. A sixth button more or less would shake them up on it's own, creating new uses of old techniques and popularizing third position and fourth position as viable methods during the songs. Just because a sixth button would be there doesn't imply that a green to (whatever color) chord would be necessary. Do I think they would throw a few in just to fuck with people? Possibly. Do I think bringing that up in a friendly discussion about ways to shake up the old formula is helpful? Absolutely not. Punger came in here with an idea. Whether it is viable or not, it showed passion for the games we all came to ScoreHero for. Shitting on the idea and saying "THIS IS FUCKING STUPID" or offering useless dribble for the sake of +1'ing is absolutely useless on this forum. Remember this quote, people. It would serve us all well:

Post because you have something to say, not because you have to say something
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
Punger  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
inv4der wrote:
xbillax wrote:

Sarcasm aside, your post is just saying you don't want a sixth button because you assume they will immediately be using the widest stretch the controller would allow. That's not necessarily true... look at Guitar Hero 1-3 and ask yourself; how common were those big chords? They only became more common later on because they wanted to shake up the charts. A sixth button more or less would shake them up on it's own, creating new uses of old techniques and popularizing third position and fourth position as viable methods during the songs. Just because a sixth button would be there doesn't imply that a green to (whatever color) chord would be necessary. Do I think they would throw a few in just to fuck with people? Possibly. Do I think bringing that up in a friendly discussion about ways to shake up the old formula is helpful? Absolutely not. Punger came in here with an idea. Whether it is viable or not, it showed passion for the games we all came to ScoreHero for. Shitting on the idea and saying "THIS IS FUCKING STUPID" or offering useless dribble for the sake of +1'ing is absolutely useless on this forum. Remember this quote, people. It would serve us all well:

Post because you have something to say, not because you have to say something

If they did add a 6th fret and intended on using it and green alot, it'd be nice if they added another green and red note a few spaces away from it imo meaning you don't need to murder your hand to do 1,6 cords
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm a little too hostile, but it's still worth nothing the issues with new peripherals as well as the way charting was toward the end of GH as a series. (And RB as well to some extent.)

I'm making sure to emphasize the issues with the concept of a new peripheral because the amount of them produced by both series by the end of it was a problem. Complaints about having to get new ones or needing the space to store, say, on the extreme side, a RB drumkit, a GH drumkit, multiple guitar controllers, a RB3 keyboard, multiple mics and then saying "if you want to be able to play guitar in our new guitar hero you need to buy our new $50 guitar alongside the game because none of your old ones will work" is not at all appealing. No matter how awesome solos with six buttons would be or how much you want some complicated tapping mechanic that maybe 2% of everyone that would play the game would care about.

Leaving Harmonix's original five lane system is the best thing they could do to bring back previous GH players since all it would require is the standard game price investment instead of requiring that you pay extra for yet another plastic instrument.

Also worth noting is that any time the controllers changed there always seemed to be minor to major flaws initially, and the complexity of Punger's original idea feels like it would result in a lot of malfunctioning guitars. If they dropped the idea of detachable parts that could likely solve some of it, but in the end you still have more components that are capable of dying.

I get where the scorehero community gets the idea that adding an extra button or even more would improve the game, because this is the hardcore site with the people that like a challenge and don't mind relearning things. (Which would be required if any addition of these levels was made, since no one has the muscle memory to do some things these would require.) It's just not something that seems viable any more, with the decline of plastic instruments and the rise of the real instrument games.

If I had to suggest what I'd want from GH7, it'd be a return to just Guitar and Bass (and perhaps a distinct Rhythm part as well where applicable, something I never understood the removal of), and less reliance on the gimmicks of the later games. GH1/2/3 were successful with very little other than pressing buttons and I feel that a reboot should return to those roots. Things like HOPO chords and "purple note" tapping things are fine because they're just a refinement of the existing five lanes and work with the existing hardware. Just make a game about playing guitar in a band. None of this saving rock from a beast or whatever the hell was going on with WT/GH5 nonsense.

Rock Band was always more grounded and I feel that it helped their "story" modes. It was more about your band and its progression to stardom, like in HMX's own GH games. (I'd personally say that RB2's band world tour is the absolute pinnacle of a "career" mode in any RB/GH style game.)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only things I'd want to see in GH7:

1) more track adjustments (HS 6 or even 7, coupled with a neck depth setting or an automatic adjustment depending in HS)

2) "Skin" options, to change between various style of gems (I'd love to see a retro GH1/2/80s skin on a modern game, I'm actually in the middle of making a half-assed one for Phase Shift)

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: