ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Do ya'll count imports towards an FGFC on this side?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Do ya'll count imports towards an FGFC on this side? Reply with quote

I think my question is pretty self explanatory.

On the RB side, songs imported into other games from previous setlists are considered to count towards an FGFC or FSFC almost universally. I was wondering what the GH side's opinion in this is, because I realize there is more contrast between engines.
I think arguements could be made for both sides, but in my mind they should be counted, especially since not all songs import so one would still have to FC some songs on the original disc. To use myself as an example, I am more than willing to try to FC Stone Cold Crazy on the GHM engine, which should prove I have the ability to FC the rest of it, but I would so much rather to all the exportable songs on GH:WoR because the engine is much more comfortable for me, after learning on the RB1 and later RB2 engine.

Thoughts, anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also learned to vox on rock band with rb1 Obviously it takes some patience to get used to such a craaaaaaaaaappy engine (ghM/VH/SH), but i personally consider a fgfc has to be done on the original engines. Especially with engines that are drastically differents. gh5/BH/gh6 feel a bit different, but i can't see a real difference. BUT for the sake of avoiding any problem, i just fc gh5 songs on gh5, BH songs on BH, and gh6 songs on gh6. (and rb1 songs on rb1)

If you could import between ghSH/M/VH, i wouldn't mind, since those engines are strictly the same, but yeah changing engine shouldn't count imo.

That said, i'm pretty sure you'll learn the tricky songs well enough on the imports, so you'll be able to fc them pretty easily on their original engine anyway Just like Tidus did, first fc'ing a bunch of songs on the ps2, and then redoing them on 360.

Good luck either way, the hardest songs will still remain hard, on any engine !
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
I also learned to vox on rock band with rb1 Obviously it takes some patience to get used to such a craaaaaaaaaappy engine (ghM/VH/SH), but i personally consider a fgfc has to be done on the original engines. Especially with engines that are drastically differents. gh5/BH/gh6 feel a bit different, but i can't see a real difference. BUT for the sake of avoiding any problem, i just fc gh5 songs on gh5, BH songs on BH, and gh6 songs on gh6. (and rb1 songs on rb1)

If you could import between ghSH/M/VH, i wouldn't mind, since those engines are strictly the same, but yeah changing engine shouldn't count imo.

That said, i'm pretty sure you'll learn the tricky songs well enough on the imports, so you'll be able to fc them pretty easily on their original engine anyway Just like Tidus did, first fc'ing a bunch of songs on the ps2, and then redoing them on 360.

Off topic, but you're a god.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
arvain wrote:

Still off topic, but he's better known as Jesus.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

import dont count. Full Game states for On-Disc songs, not import nor DLC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me a game has to be FC'd in the game it was originally on to be considered a FGFC. With the many different engines of GH part of the challenge is mastering a particular engine, and then mastering each of the songs.

For me (and other Wii players) GH5 was really strict but WoR is easier in comparison. I don't think it's fair to say you got a FGFC of GH5 using imports (granted some have to be FC'd in GH5) in WoR because the engines are different. That said though, if you personally want to say you got a FGFC of a game and used imports as a part go ahead, I just think that they have to be done on their original engine.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain- we discussed this, I like what you have to say it all makes a lot of sense, I understand where you're coming from. Just as long as my RB FSFC still counts as far as you're concerned xP

Cabanon- could you please explain why you think this? Just a yes or no answer isn't really the point of this thread.

llama- yeah, makes sense, I just am not quite sure why you used GH 5 vs WoR as an example because to me at least it seems the engines are nearly identical, with WoR just being a little bit looser.

I'm thinking what I might go for is something like "All imports FC" plus a WoR FGFC, or something like that. On the RB side the tougher engines are considered "broken" (RB1 and AC/DC) so it seems to be the default thing to do those as RB2 imports; while on this side the earlier engines are just considered "harder," and thus importing them is considered to be cheap. I could make the argument that the M/SH/VH engines are broken because you can't see where you're fucking singing , but I won't do that because I know the general consensus on this side is that those engines are more than doable.
I don't mean to [/thread] by any means though, so if anyone else has more input it is welcomed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i think the imports only count if the engines of the imported game and the game imported into are completely identical. Therefore, that means to me Band Hero into GH5 and vice verca. Otherwise, they're regarded as not counted due to the engine differences. Sorry

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
llama- yeah, makes sense, I just am not quite sure why you used GH 5 vs WoR as an example because to me at least it seems the engines are nearly identical, with WoR just being a little bit looser.

At least on the Wii, the engines actually seem pretty different. I can sing much better on WoR engine than GH5 engine. I was using this example because for me any other imports were going from easier to harder so I was just making an example for a scenario that would actually make a FGFC easier.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Cabanon- could you please explain why you think this? Just a yes or no answer isn't really the point of this thread.

well, if, as an example, you were thinking about RB2 FGFC, would you seriously think about getting all the imports, ALL the DLC, etc etc, FCed just to make it a true FGFC ? probably not, thats why i say a FGFC stand for on-disc songs. no one, i think, ever did something like this. maybe the hardcore player would go for it, but i think i would call this RB2 ALL DLC FCed and ask a specific banner for this.

thats just me btw, you may think whatever you what about it. if you think a FGFC includes DLC/Import, then go for it, no one will stop you FCinglike 2000+ songs ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

well, if, as an example, you were thinking about RB2 FGFC, would you seriously think about getting all the imports, ALL the DLC, etc etc, FCed just to make it a true FGFC ? probably not, thats why i say a FGFC stand for on-disc songs. no one, i think, ever did something like this. maybe the hardcore player would go for it, but i think i would call this RB2 ALL DLC FCed and ask a specific banner for this.

thats just me btw, you may think whatever you what about it. if you think a FGFC includes DLC/Import, then go for it, no one will stop you FCinglike 2000+ songs ;)

You misunderstood. He's asking if he FCs something like... One in GHWoR if it would count toward the FGFC for GHM

My answer would be no, but I can see why people say yes. The engine differs, so I think it is a little unfair.

EDIT: WOAH I didn't realize this was in the vocals section. Since I know nothing about vocals, I say this. If the engine differs from the original game the song was in, then no it doesn't count.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

You misunderstood. He's asking if he FCs something like... One in GHWoR if it would count toward the FGFC for GHM

My answer would be no, but I can see why people say yes. The engine differs, so I think it is a little unfair.

EDIT: WOAH I didn't realize this was in the vocals section. Since I know nothing about vocals, I say this. If the engine differs from the original game the song was in, then no it doesn't count.

ah yeah you're right. didnt see it like that. but i agree with you. engine are different, so that'd still be a no for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, the only imports that should be accetpted for the FGFC are the BH to GH5 and the GH5 to BH, as they're the only two games with completely identical engines which can be exported to the other. WoR is pretty similar, but more lenient (aka easier), and that's why it shouldn't count. I keep getting -1 in Brianstorm in WoR, and I can barely get 4* in GH5/BH.

Ciao!

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say yes.

If you FC Let's say, today on GHWT, does it count twice if you FC it in GH5? Or three times if you also do WOR?

I would say no.

I can understand that people would say no, but hard songs will stay hard, the game still doesn't play itself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
I would say yes.
I can understand that people would say no, but hard songs will stay hard, the game still doesn't play itself.

That's the point : it's still hard, but it's not the same As long as it's not actually broken (like rb1 vox or gh5 drum), original engines required =P

That said,
MN wrote:
Arvain- Just as long as my RB FSFC still counts as far as you're concerned xP

of course it still does =P Being easier to learn and perform doesn't mean it's not legit or cool <3

YouJustWanna wrote:

wat ? off topic yeah xD

patu wrote:
Still off topic, but he's better known as Jesus.

ROFLMAO patu is better known as Mr Badass but you're right, off topic as well =P

On a side note, i didn't realize WoR was that much lenient. I sure noticed a small difference, but since i'm still learning and sightreading most songs, i just thought it was just that. (maybe i should try some imports from gh5 -which i haven't- to see how it goes, since i know those songs by heart).

Anyway, good luck with GH vocals MN, even though it's daaaamn annoying most of the time, you'll be even more happy to be done with the fsfc when you get it !! Trust me !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: