Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Creating Custom Songs For GH3 On the Xbox 360! {Tutorial}
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I'm reading this correctly: When replacing a song, the song can't be longer than the original song because the audio will stop?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the old manual array making tutorial, yes, it stops. However, i think that using the new QBTool (in the tutorial) fixes this. I'll be trying it out later to heck and ill post the result.

DanTheBib wrote:

So excited for that, the OP scared the crap outta me (very confusing work) but very smart, so when a nub tutorial comes out I'm gonna be all over it =D

EDIT: Will this only be doable with JTAG'd Xbox's?

From what i have tried, NON-JTAG's can do the hack aswell, however you have file size limitations. Ex : The longer the song, the less difficulties and lower quality audio you'll need to use.

Edit : MahoppianGoon's FSB.XEN creator appears to be broken for me . Currently looking to see just what the hell is going on.

Edit 2 : Whatever is wrong with it, i cant seem to fix it. I'll keep the tut with the tool, but i will make a tutorial with the manual tools.

Dont worry guys !! I'll keep it simple ;)

Edit 3 : I just tried a few more customs, and the audio always cuts off where the normal song does, but the chart continues right to the end. I am going to test one more theory out.

I'll take the longest in game song (TtFaF if i'm not mistaken) and replace it's XMA files, then instead of replacing TtFaF in game, i'll replace an entirely different song.

Edit 4 : Nope, just tried the above and the preview wouldnt even play. There's got to be something stoping the song in the xma itself.

EdIt 5 : Note limit is 4001 notes. My custom froze the xbox where i predicted it would. -
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, we gotsta find a way to make the song length longer ;(
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
MahoppianGoon  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRAND NEW UPDATES:
(and some videos for your viewing pleasure!) :P

*FIXED Audio Length Issue!*
It doesn't matter if your custom song is longer or shorter than the original, it will still work and the audio won't cut!
*Don't Need 'XMAEncode' Anymore!*
I finally got FMOD to create compatible XMA1 audio files!
*Auto-Extraction of the Array files from the PS2 Chart file*
You still got to 'inject' the array files in the GH3 360 chart file, since their all different!
(It basically just imitates the keyboard keys. Thats all.
It's the best I can do with my very limited programming knowledge. lol)
*Convert your Custom XMA files back to WAVs*
If you accidently deleted your custom WAV files!
*Fix the 'highway' so it STOPS at the end of my Custom song?*
Simple. After injecting the 'Lead' 'Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert' array files,
scroll down to the 'Rhythm' array files and replace them too.
And if the song has co-op, you might need to replace them also.
(I tested this on the song 'One', and the highway/song ended directly after my custom song ended!)

And probably something else I'm forgetting!!! xD so......now what?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK DUDE !!! You figured more shit out fast XD Guess my tut will be getting an entire re-write too, aswell as new vids XD

Can i ask what was causing the songs to stop before the end, or to continue scrolling. Im going to say the former was the xma file, and the latter to be animations and shit XD

EDIT : BTW, im subscribed to your youtube channel, and those vids werent there before XD i guess your working on stuff before you put up progress vids XD

EDIT2 : I was just wondering, but does the file size only need to be smaller if on non-jtaged unit ?? Or does it still need to be smaller for ALL units ???

EDIT 3 : Yeah, I know, CALM DOWN DEMON XD But lets see ya make a setlist modder now, and thats everything done XD
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, DP, but needed to make this known.

For some reason, i keep getting a "Input string was not in a correct format" error, and you say that it will continue anyway. Well no other button unlocks. Am i missing a file or something ? Everything is in the tools folder, and i have tried in other folders too, and always running in admin mode. Windows 7 is my OS.

Edit : Ok, sorry, my bad, it was this :

The wav file name must be the same as its originals xma counterpart.

If i was doing rainingblood, then the xma file will be rainingblood_guitar.xma

so the wav must be rainingblood_guitar.wav

A little of an oversight, but that might confuse the hell outta users. Just IMO ofcourse !

Edit 2 : XMA creation works seamlessly, however, the chart conversion has a glitch or 2.

The first is that the bot that extracts everything can become stumped or stuck. It'll skip a part by accident and then the process says it has finished. This especially happens when the "FretMarkers" is checked.

The next is StarPower. SP has to be entirely manually. It never once extracted an SP phase.

Edit 3 : Tramatic event.

I may possibly be no longer able to help with either xbox 360 customs, or JTAG dlc customs.

Reason :

While on stream, i got a drink, and went to move my laptop. My brother was playing my jtag unit at the time. All fans blaring. He jumped and knocked the drink out of my hand. Where do you think most of it went ?? Into the intake fan.....

So, for now, i am unable to do anything customs wise. If it has somehow survived (which i will know of in the morning) i will be able to continue. If it has not, the OP will be updated with the last info i had before this occured.

Hope for me peoples....Hope for me.
IaMN1cK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if anyone else has this problem with the pak.xen files but if it is larger than the original file it freezes the Xbox. I am using a JTAG too.

Also, I am having trouble with the fsb.xen creator, once I choose the wavs it doesnt find the original song length (and I dont have the option to enter it). I got around this by extracting the data.dat manually, and once it creates the fsb.xen its only 1kb

So I've basically given up on the audio and just create the chart and play the music off my iphone, although it gets really annoying having to sync it every time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What operating system are you using ?? Because if anything like Vista or 7, try running it in administrative mode.
IaMN1cK  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
What operating system are you using ?? Because if anything like Vista or 7, try running it in administrative mode.

I'm on XP, and I made the folder on the root of the C drive and did all those suggestions but it just doesnt work for me.

And are you sure the pak.xen fule can be over the original size, because I have tried about 5 times and whenever it is over (even by a little) the game will freeze when I select the game.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pak.xen files that are WAY bigger than the original, and im on JTAG too. It works fine for me (most of the time). It sounds like something is corupted on the file.
IaMN1cK  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
I have pak.xen files that are WAY bigger than the original, and im on JTAG too. It works fine for me (most of the time). It sounds like something is corupted on the file.

I am sure its the size, I took an array.txt and put it into the expert chart and co-op chart, then I saved it and it was larger than the original size, then I started it up and it froze. Then I replaced the easy medium and hard charts with blank chart array.txt files and now its smaller than the original, and BAM it works. I'll do some more testing on it though.
zedfour  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a problem converting a .chart with QBInject, I keep getting the error "Incompatible BPM declaration (BPM declarations should be at a EXACT beat, they couldn't be in the middle)!"

I have multiple anchors in my chart to keep it synced, but all the anchors are on a beat. I've triple checked this. Any ideas what might be causing this?

I was going to try your "Custom Chart Creator", but I can't seem to find a link for that anywhere.. Does the "Custom Chart Creator" just batch QBInject, or does it convert in a different way? I'm wondering if ill have better luck with that..
xILoneWolfx  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT:
found my problem, for some reason my pc didnt extract the tools folder for gh_360 so it couldnt find the program to open!

new problem - when i click to find the song lenght it says input string was not in a correct format.. im so close to getting this to work :'(

Last edited by xILoneWolfx on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
xbox360Rob  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive opened all audio tracks which are stereo 16bit and 44100Hz and have 2 channels they are also named the same as the original song
i click "get song length" which it does (406 seconds)
but the encode wav button dont hightlight
xILoneWolfx  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the error i'm getting, do you know why?
I took an mp3 of BFMV Your Betrayal and put it in Audacity, exported as wav + saved as different things, then i renamed them all SlowRide_previed/guitar/song etc, no luck + this is all thats stopping me

Also, where do you get the original chart for the song from? I have my custom .chart file ready but dont know where to find the original one i need?

Thanks for all your hard work MahoppianGoon! ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: