Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scorehero Band Formation Utility - Start Here
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkcr  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Scorehero Band Formation Utility - Start Here Reply with quote

We have just finished up work on a new utility that will make it much easier to find people to rock out with online. In this utility you can list yourself as available for particular instruments, games, platforms, and difficulties. Once you've done that, you'll be searchable in the database, so other people can find you to form a band with you. In addition, you can write in a small note on your listing page, so as to inform others of things too complex for the query to handle - such as what hours you are available, or what DLC you own.

This new utility can be found here: http://www.scorehero.com/bands/

If you need help using it, we've written up a small help section on the wiki: http://wiki.scorehero.com/GuideScoreheroListings

Let us know if anything goes wrong, and enjoy!

Last edited by rkcr on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very spiffy stuff, looks polished and should be great. Nice work as always .

Edit: I'm not really sure if the "Check All" button in the Find Bandmates section is really necessary, since all the listings are shown by default.
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see this come to fruition. Great work as always, rkcr. I hope this gets utilized, because if it does it will be a truly awesome utility for finding bands.
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
I'm glad to see this come to fruition. Great work as always, rkcr. I hope this gets utilized, because if it does it will be a truly awesome utility for finding bands.

This.

Good work! I look forward to using it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is neat! i submitted my stuff just an idea, you should have the users clickable that links them to their scores maybe? so if someone is looking for a band-mate and wants to check out the people also looking to compare scores or something it would be easy to just click their name to get to their scores! just a thought. otherwise awesome job!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for Kap10 to see this XD
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
rkcr  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
Edit: I'm not really sure if the "Check All" button in the Find Bandmates section is really necessary, since all the listings are shown by default.

It's not, but I put it in there so people would have options... Kind of like how Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" serves no purpose, but it's still there anyways.

I may remove it later.

tehminky wrote:
just an idea, you should have the users clickable that links them to their scores maybe? so if someone is looking for a band-mate and wants to check out the people also looking to compare scores or something it would be easy to just click their name to get to their scores! just a thought.

If you go to someone's forum profile, it lists out all their scores right there. Otherwise, it's hard for me to point you to the set of scores the user would want you to see. (Perhaps something could be arranged, based on what you specified.)

Yewb wrote:
I can't wait for Kap10 to see this XD

Wait no longer, he saw this before it was released. :P

The point of #rbchat and this utility are different anyways. This utility is no good for finding bandmates on the fly, whereas #rbchat is good for finding people immediately.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know whether this is better posted here or in Bug Reports, either way I guess you'll see it...

In the listing notes, it's doing the old thing that used to happen with comments on scores - entering a backslash before any apostrophe - I\'m, you\'re, etc.

Not a major thing but thought it was worth mentioning anyway. Good work on getting it up and running, admittedly I'd heard nothing about it beforehand... I'm well out of touch these days.

rkcr magic - fixed.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing stuff once again, rkcr!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Kap10  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great to me rkcr. I like how this finds rivalries, too ^_^

One suggestion I have is to add past Guitar Hero games for rivalries. I can't think of anything else currently.
{17:33:42} <Rexisfed> yewb had sex with a man
{17:33:42} <Yewb> ^
{17:33:44} <Yewb> wait
{17:33:45} <Yewb> NO

H2O Kappaten, PMS|H2O L4D ST Leader
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: H2O Kappaten
RiiDdLeR  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks this will make band hunting 100x easier.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an option to link to the user's wiki page? Might be a useful addition.

This is awesome btw, but after WT score tracking is up, what will we have to ask to be replied sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon? In other words, what other projects are in the works?
nickb611  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:
PieGuy wrote:

It's not, but I put it in there so people would have options... Kind of like how Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" serves no purpose, but it's still there anyways.

Just like that EWiggen guy. Where the hell is he anyway?

Anyhow, good work rkcr. I'm sure more excellent is to come...

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
rkcr  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap10 wrote:
One suggestion I have is to add past Guitar Hero games for rivalries.

I'm not sure if I'm going to add the other games at this point... I will have to think about it. (Rivalries themselves were a last-minute addition that I'm still pondering the ramifications of.)

Oyoefpoefpoef wrote:
How about an option to link to the user's wiki page? Might be a useful addition.

This is awesome btw, but after WT score tracking is up, what will we have to ask to be replied sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon? In other words, what other projects are in the works?

If you go to someone's listing page, it will give you a link in the top navigation to their wiki page (if they have one).

Also, my next plan on Scorehero is to generate a program which will automatically find posts with feature requests on the forums and reply with "SOOOOOOOOOON (tm)."
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:
Also, my next plan on Scorehero is to generate a program which will automatically find posts with feature requests on the forums and reply with "SOOOOOOOOOON (tm)."
I can see it now. After that, it'll just have a pop up that says SOOOOOOON before the poster even posts the question...

On a more non-lulz level, I dunno if past GH games should be there, or rivalries for that matter - it seems to me like this utility was made as a way for online bands to form, not offline rivalries. That's what the Rivalries board is for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Will Rock For Food All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: