ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Really having trouble with GH Vox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Really having trouble with GH Vox Reply with quote

Ok so I started vox recently and the gh vocals just make no sense. The first game I played was Metallica and was doing alright but kinda confused to why the little thing that indicates pitch sometimes goes crazy when you're singing one pitch.

Played through medium and did alright though some stuff like no excuses makes no sense at all. Then I tried Rock Band 2 vocals.

THEY MAKE SENSE. Ok none of that pitch indicator going crazy, and it seemed SO MUCH easier. I instantly went up to hard, and had a lot more fun.

Then I tried Smash Hits. First of all, the scrolling lyrics lag about half a second behind the actual song. Second, I don't understand talkies at all. In this or Metallica. Are they broken? I can't tell what's a talky and what isn't.

Isn't the point of a talky that you say anything and you fc it? Isn't War Ensemble for example all talkies? Some pitches it worked and some I completely missed the note. Because the line appears in the middle and not the bottom like on RB, it's so unclear.

Why is this so confusing?
werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let me see if I can help. First off in M and SH talkies are indicated by being white normal pitches are blue. And no War Ensemble is not all talkies the slow part is pitched. Also No Excuses isn't a good chart to pick because like all Alice in Chains song on singing you have to switch between the low tone and high tone. Speaking of high tone and low tone the reason the comet is jumping is because of change of octaves in the song or on your part. Finally, the reason RB2 seemed easier is because it is, it has much more room for error. Hope that anwsered your questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Really having trouble with GH Vox Reply with quote

Answers in bold.

Bulblax wrote:
Ok so I started vox recently and the gh vocals just make no sense. The first game I played was Metallica and was doing alright but kinda confused to why the little thing that indicates pitch sometimes goes crazy when you're singing one pitch. The pitch indicator only goes crazy if there's ambient noise interfering with the pitch you're singing. This includes snaps, pops, breathing, etc. Admittedly, Rock Band vocals do a better job of minimizing this, but as long as you sing clearly, you should be fine. Or maybe your pitches are wavering more than you think.

Played through medium and did alright though some stuff like no excuses makes no sense at all. No Excuses makes perfect sense, as lots of people have FCed it. It charts one of several harmonies that are layered on the vocal track. Spend some time in practice mode and figure it out.

Then I tried Rock Band 2 vocals.

THEY MAKE SENSE. Ok none of that pitch indicator going crazy, and it seemed SO MUCH easier. I instantly went up to hard, and had a lot more fun. You're equating "making sense" with "being easier". Those are two different concepts. Rock Band vocals do obviously make sense, but they are laughably easy outside of the talkies in RB1. GH vocals also make sense, although they are more challenging. This is not the same as a "broken" vocal system, as many seem to declare.

Then I tried Smash Hits. First of all, the scrolling lyrics lag about half a second behind the actual song. Second, I don't understand talkies at all. In this or Metallica. Are they broken? I can't tell what's a talky and what isn't. As werelord stated, the talkies are white and the pitched lines are blue. Not sure how this is confusing. The talkies work perfectly fine, and are in fact much easier to hit than they are in Rock Band.

Isn't the point of a talky that you say anything and you fc it? Isn't War Ensemble for example all talkies? Some pitches it worked and some I completely missed the note. Because the line appears in the middle and not the bottom like on RB, it's so unclear. Again, War Ensemble is not all talkies. Assuming so will obviously result in missed pitched phrases.

Why is this so confusing? I'm not really sure why you think it's confusing. When it comes down to it, if you sing the right notes, you'll do well!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles hit the nail on the head. A vocal engine doesn't need, and never needed to inherit the monstruous RB2 pitch/timing leniency just for the sake of not being "broken" nor for the sake of "making sense". I can't even FATHOM about FCing songs on a engine that doesn't work, that is the common definition of "broken". I still think that "broken" are those talkies on the RB side

If you're on a next-gen console, you started out on the hardest game aside Van Halen, in my opinion. Take your time, practice, and you'll be 5-starring/FCing those songs in no time. Practice makes perfection, right?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
murdershot21  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit acting as if every talkie in RB is broken.
From my count there is only a few talkies that are nigh-unhittable.
Notably One Way or Another and Alive(Live).
I don't want this to become a flame war so I'll leave it at that.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: murdershot21 PSN Name: N/A
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

murdershot21 wrote:
Quit acting as if every talkie in RB is broken.
From my count there is only a few talkies that are nigh-unhittable.
Notably One Way or Another and Alive(Live).
I don't want this to become a flame war so I'll leave it at that.

I don't see any attempt at flamewar. But hey, nobody's acting as you stated. I was just doing a mention of what's really broken.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: