SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
'Favorite' band ever?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean2490  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:

5. I guess what I'm getting at is that people that claim to have a favorite band should have a way of showing it besides saying "Yeah, I have their songs on my ipod that were put there for free by undisclosed means . they are good"

Oh come on. People can choose to like any band they want, for any reasons they want. Remember that 'favourite' means just that- that persons favourite band. No one has to abide by your rules.

As for my favourite band: If I had to say, probably Pat Metheny Group.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

favourite band from me would probs have to be muse...maps of the problematique & newborn captivate me like no other song

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
1. Nobody in their right mind would consider Metallica their favorite band.

lol.

Quote:
2 part one. If a certain band is your favorite, why would you want to steal from them?

Just because you pay money for music from your favorite band doesn't mean everyone ever does. I think it'd be naive to think otherwise.

Quote:
2 part two. You can't illegally download T-shirts, Hoodies, etc.

Quite true. Some people aren't interested in hard goods, though. It's odd, but strangely understandable.

Quote:
3. Where'd you pull that definition for original from? A band that is original puts their own take on music as opposed to writing uninspired or music that's exactly the same as music that someone wrote before them.

From myself. It was mostly a joke, though. I'll state once more that originality is subjective, and up to the listener to decide. One person could think an artist is very original, while someone else thinks that artist is completely unoriginal in every way. It's called an opinion. Besides, even if an artist, say Artist A, is essentially a derivative of an artist, Artist B, who came before Artist A, someone is still perfectly welcome to prefer Artist A. Once more, it's called a damn opinion.

Quote:
but if your favorite band is completely unknown, you're going to have some annoyance having to explain who they are each time you bring them up

Who cares? They're you favorite band, and you don't have to take shit from anyone!
You're dumb.
You were possibly adopted and all compliments you've ever received were insincere.
Tanked wrote:
i've been banned about 400 times. That's okay though, because dicks.
I love you, Tanked. NEVER FORGET!
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite band is definatley Lamb of God

just like every single one of their songs, could listen to them constantly, its good stuff.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite band is Nine Inch Nails.

I am convinced they put on the best show ever- period, there is no way anyone puts on a better show then Trent Reznor and Co.

Trent's music has been around since 1989, still relevant, still emotionally charged.

Trent Reznor although losing his "edge" is still an awesome person. Many people I know dislike what he's become but he's still to me the person that gave us some of the best music ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhUhDAHVaug - best song ever. sounds like fucking giant mechnical death machines are walking around
BNghfreak12  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
My favourite band is Nine Inch Nails.

I am convinced they put on the best show ever- period, there is no way anyone puts on a better show then Trent Reznor and Co.

Trent's music has been around since 1989, still relevant, still emotionally charged.

Trent Reznor although losing his "edge" is still an awesome person. Many people I know dislike what he's become but he's still to me the person that gave us some of the best music ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhUhDAHVaug - best song ever. sounds like fucking giant mechnical death machines are walking around

*claps*

What a fucking band. Definitely up there in the Top 5 for me.

Anyways, my favorite band is Porcupine Tree. The state that their music puts me in is just beyond unbelievable. Way too many adjectives to describe their music but the word I would use to sum them up is surreal. Of all of their discography (which is 10 main albums along with many recordings and B-sides), very little can I fault. They've yet to make a bad album. Also, Steven Wilson is my favorite musical artist ever.
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is avenged sevenfold.

i have bought all 4 of their albums, (will buy the 5th when it comes out), their live album, and their dvd, and no i do not enjoy all of their music (their first album was bad excluding 2 or 3 tracks, and there are a few songs i don't care for here and there) but other than that this band got me into metal, and music, and guitar. Synyster Gates is my guitar idol and i'd love to meet him one day. I just love this band pretty much in every way, they can choose to have pretty much any sound if they wanted, and they enjoy making their music. It is unfortunate that the rev passed away, and im praying they can find a replacement.

2nd Band for me is either Children Of Bodom or Bullet For My Valentine

As far as live performances go Green Day blew my mind 400 different ways when i saw them during summer, so they are hands down my favorite in that aspect.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quakmybush wrote:
My favourite band is definatley Lamb of God

just like every single one of their songs, could listen to them constantly, its good stuff.

That's what I have with Breaking Benjamin (99% of the songs are great listens, could listen to them constantly), but really, they don't come close to being my fav band, simply because they're not progressive enough for my taste. What do you like more about Lamb of God? Because I love Laid to Rest, but I don't really know any other stuff of them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
GP69  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rise Against, Metallica, Megadeth, and Pearl Jam. I believe those are my top 4 favorites (not in order), maybe more but I can't think of them right now (I like a lot of bands)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children of Bodom, hands down. I love every album they've put out. Metallica would be a kinda close second. After that it's whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite band is probably Nine Inch Nails, with Trent's awesome vocals and instrumentation.

Also, following that, bands like Led Zeppelin and The Beatles are fantastic.
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can easily name my 4 favorite bands but I cant decide which one is my "favorite."

Pearl Jam- Ten is my absolute favorite album of all time. Everything about the music and lyrics just clicks with me. I love watching old live performances of them and just watching the intensity they used to play with live.

Van Halen- One boring Winter night i was snowed in and had nothing to do, so I went looking through my parents cds in the closet and decided, "i dont know, ill guess ill try listening to music..." I eventually out in in their first cd and heard Eruption and just went . If anything can claim to have gotten me into music, it was that brilliant 1:43 long solo was just too badass for me to ignore. the tone, sound, speed, and the badassary was too much for my virgin ears. I paid 150 dollars to see them when they reunited with David Lee Roth 2 years ago, twice. And i was 17 the first time and used my own money so yea, i love van halen.

Metallica- The first metal band i was really into and still one of my favorites. Defiantly got me into the genre thrash obsessively and was just eye opening to me.

Dream Theater- I downloaded a couple of songs a long ass time ago and just could not listen to a song over 7 minutes. When I heard constant motion was coming to rock band i decided to go ahead and watch some videos. I loved what I heard and decided to come here and various other places for recommendations. Then i finally heard The Glass Prison and I loved all glourious 13 minutes of it. They opened a whole new world of music to me. Songs no longer needed actual verses and choruses and could be over 10 minutes long without being musicians jacking off on their instruments. I listened to them so much that if a song is less than 8 minutes long now it seems to short.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer, thrash is my favorite sub genre of metal. As far as I'm concerned they have some of the most badass lyrics and topics. I don't think they're the best musicians around but they get the job done.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Antlers

It started last year with their release in March, Hospice. I was captivated on the first listen of their album. It was so deep, and emotional. I actually cried listening through it. It's the story about a hospice worker meeting a girl with bone cancer, falling in love, and watching her die. Not only that, but the music itself is great. The melodies of the guitar match the harmonies perfectly given by the ambient background noises. Peter Silberman is a lyrical genius. His falsetto vocals and deep meanings match perfectly for the tones he conveys.

I bought the album last December (that I previously had just illegally downloaded >_>). I also got the rest of their EPs. The Antlers had 3 EPs released before. I HIGHLY recommend clicking that link above, and going to download them. All the EPs are FREE from the links on their Myspace. In the Attic of the Universe is almost on par with Hospice musically, though lyrically it falls behind, it's still a masterpiece in my mind. New York Hospitals is kind of a pre-Hospice work that seems like it turned into Hospice, and Cold War is my lease favorite, but still stunning.

I could listen to The Antlers all day everyday. They touch me so deeply and have such a powerful impact that they are hands down my favorite band.
dogtownzboy1  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My all time favorite band will always be Dream Theater. Ive been listening to them for about 3 years already. There just so amazing. Everyone in the band is a genius at what they do. Most people I know don't know who they are surprisingly my girlfriend did though

http://www.last.fm/user/shad0wz69
Follow Me @dogtownzboy1

Haven't been on ScoreHero in 3 years. 4chan ruined my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: