ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Sound Good?!?!?!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mega48man wrote:
Durr idiotic homophobic post

There's little to say about this post that hasn't already been said by others. But thanks for the tip about Freddie - I'll steer clear from now on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one despise my recorded voice. What you can do is go around and ask a few friends, who are used to hearing your voice as it really is, how you sound. They'll be able to more objectively critique it.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I for one despise my recorded voice. What you can do is go around and ask a few friends who are used to hearing your voice as it really is how you sound. They'll be able to more objectively critique it.

Make that two. I *NEVER* listen to my recorded voice, at least on GH/RB Vocals videos.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from experience, I used to shy away from my voice a lot, if only because a) I thought I sounded very strange for someone my age, and b) it's the same kind of feeling of awkwardness over how people may find you sound in real life. That's why sometimes I've had self-concerns over my own voice from time to time, even in situations when people think that I sound like some kind of twisted abomination.

But honestly, this is something that you can get used to in time particularly when preparing the video for sharing. It may take months to accept that this is what you sound like, and probably many months more to let your voice mature a bit, but once you're used to it, you've got nothing to fear =)

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Speaking from experience, I used to shy away from my voice a lot, if only because a) I thought I sounded very strange for someone my age, and b) it's the same kind of feeling of awkwardness over how people may find you sound in real life. That's why sometimes I've had self-concerns over my own voice from time to time, even in situations when people think that I sound like some kind of twisted abomination.

But honestly, this is something that you can get used to in time particularly when preparing the video for sharing. It may take months to accept that this is what you sound like, and probably many months more to let your voice mature a bit, but once you're used to it, you've got nothing to fear =)

Well, I try, but it's been a long time since I couldn't accept. Maybe it's because of the poor bass picking of the cam's mic. My voice was supposed to be way deeper than you can hear on the vids. Honestly, I don't like listening to myself sounding like I was 5 years younger or so (and I'm 20 year-old).

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys probably react to megaman to kill time, because without a doubt you'll already have noticed the level of trollness in his posts, but still, if he is a troll, he'll probably think you genuinely care about what he thinks.

It will only give him pleasure

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
kire  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Wooffus wrote:

Well, I try, but it's been a long time since I couldn't accept. Maybe it's because of the poor bass picking of the cam's mic. My voice was supposed to be way deeper than you can hear on the vids. Honestly, I don't like listening to myself sounding like I was 5 years younger or so (and I'm 20 year-old).

well then mine should too... I'm 15 still, so I still can develop my voice to become deeper, but I hear myself very deep, and when I sing (and f you saw my du hast vid) you'll hear how my lowest point sounds...

If you do the tut's for vox on GH5 I think it explains abit about why the sound comes like this but i don't remember well

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: