ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
12X Multiplier?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gx1010  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: 12X Multiplier? Reply with quote

In one of JLC's videos of GH:WT he said that it's possible to plug in a usb keyboard and use it to get a 12X multiplier for vocals. Since he's a pro at GH I'm guessing he knows what he's talking about. Also I guess this could also be possible with GH:SH and if it's possible how do I do this? BTW if your not aloud to do this for uploading scores then I won't but I would still like to know.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, here's a link to the GH:SH Freeforms Discussion.

There, you will see which notes are used on which songs, and from mathematical reasoning, the highest multiplier a freeform can use is the amount of notes used in it + 1. So really, the maximum one can go is x13, not x12.
The best example of this that can be seen is Airshock22's run on "Raining Blood", where all 13 pitches in its freeform are hit with nothing but the natural voice. And theoretically, a huge majority of the songs can also be hit in quite the same way, providing they don't run into any pitches they aren't supposed to sing.

As for your keyboard query, I'm assuming that the setup will be exactly the same as in World Tour, given that they both run on the same systems and all. But I'm not much to speak for in that field of game tricking otherwise.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has been said is true and you can get massive points by playing the right notes. However, whether or not this is cheating I'm not sure of, but it is definatly frowned upon. Try to use your own voice...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
What has been said is true and you can get massive points by playing the right notes. However, whether or not this is cheating I'm not sure of, but it is definatly frowned upon. Try to use your own voice...

As far as I know, it is cheating. You aren't actively using your own voice to interact with the game, which is inherently cheating. Using a keyboard as a reference is a great idea so you can see if you're singing it right, but you can't make it give the input to the game or it becomes cheating.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: