ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ATVI Announces GH6/DJH2 | No More PS2 Love
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: ATVI Announces GH6/DJH2 | No More PS2 Love Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/5469007/

Kotaku wrote:

Having released 25 different rhythm game SKUs in 2009, Activision narrows the focus in 2010, with only a new Guitar Hero and DJ Hero 2 slated for release in 2010.

During Activision's 2009 financial results conference call, Activision's Mike Griffith explained that while 2009 saw Activision increasing its share in the rhythm genre to 51%, the company anticipates a decline in the music game business in 2010. That having been said, the company is serious cutting back on music game releases. Activision plans only two large releases in the segment this year - DJ Hero 2, and a new Guitar Hero game - both scheduled for release towards the end of the year.

The company also plans to cut costs by not releasing either game for the PlayStation 2, a platform that does not offer the benefit of continued value through downloadable content.

With 10 SKUs planned for 2010, perhaps Activision has finally brought its Hero fever down to a more reasonable level.

Enjoy the comments on the article.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, maybe they'll put some time into it now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
Cool, maybe they'll put some time into it now!

Absolutely not. What a silly notion.
TylerTheGHBoy  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs moar Band Hero.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole PS2 thing isn't surprising, although I would have expected some developers to stick around as Sony will no doubt tout that the system's 10th anniversary is this year. It's unfortunate to see so little games coming out this year for the PS2, you would think that developers would have at least have stuck out until the end of 2010, after the 10th anniversary of the PS2. I hope the PS2 can make it to it's landmark 10th anniversary lol.

I would have expected at least a sequel to Band Hero, but it looks like we'll have to settle with one GH title this year, due to the constant bickering about the multiple releases last year. I hope Joystiq, Kotaku, IGN, and Gamespot are happy, they are finally getting what they wanted, less GH games. Me personally, I'm slightly disappointed we aren't seeing an additional spin-off like Green Day Rock Band. That would of been fine, like in 2008 we got GH Aerosmith and GH World Tour.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
sk84life293  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my wallet wants to give Activision a big hug right now. Buying all those games wore it out. -_- But despite the word 'milk' being almost coupled with "Guitar Hero" over the last year, I enjoyed every single one they came out with. But maybe, MAYBE they'll get a finalised and stable platform. GH5 was one for me, but GH6 will keep EVERYONE happy (drummers especially).

A bit bummed the PS2 is getting let loose, but I guess it was inevitable. The console has had an excellent run, but every console has a life cycle, and it's usually 6-7 years. The fact the PS2 has lasted almost 10 years is one hell of a feat... But, it's time to move on, considering many users have moved on to Wiis, 360s and PS3s.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this rules out GH Led Zeppelin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit disappointed 'cause inside I was making up ideal setlists for a Smash Hits 2 if it ever came to be. But maybe something like this will still exist albeit in a track pack or DLC. I can only dream.

I hope that the DLC quantity picks up a tiny bit on both DJ Hero and GH5/BH. DLC quality is fine, I just want more of it (but not to an obscene amount, I'd rather not sacrifice quality for quantity). Perhaps 5-6 songs per week is reasonable. Anyway I am expecting some surprises this year. And of course I can't wait for GH6 and DJH2. Dj Hero had a great start, but they can make it so much better. I'm excited.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, why would they cut it from the PS2 when it obviously has access to internet

nonetheless, it's great that they're FINALLY cutting production down from like, 15 games a year to like, 2.

Hopefully they will put more time into adding more features and making the game TOP-NOTCH. Can't wait for GH6

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
Huh, why would they cut it from the PS2 when it obviously has access to internet

I can't tell whether that was meant to be sarcastic, but... you do know that nobody uses the PS2 online, right?

Before anyone comes up with "I do!" or "my friend does!" just for the sake of trying to prove me wrong - 'nobody' in this case should be read as 'nowhere near enough people to make it viable from a business perspective'.

As for my opinion on future plastic guitar games: shrug. We'll see if I've started playing them again by the time GH6 comes out.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see 1 GH game a year, my pocket are deep down crushed. also, still no sign of exportability, that make me sad a bit.

i just cant wait what GH6 will offer us !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:

Hahaha, people still try using that as an argument for the PS2 getting DLC?

Anyway, this announcement makes me very happy for several reasons. Less games means they might actually start focusing more on DLC. No PS2 version means maybe other places will follow suit and they will finally get rid of the PS2 sections in stores. They are just in the way.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess Band Hero failed?
sumboxcar182  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
So I guess Band Hero failed?

according to the joystiq article: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/10/activision-severely-cutting-music-game-releases-in-2010/

there will be another band hero game, just without the instruments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: