ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
AnubisGX - 1st to Grade 50 Xbox360, 139-8.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for 50 million!

Decided I'll enter that tourney thingy for the fun of it. I won't go practicing or anything, I'll just play it out. If I practice for it, then I'll be taking it seriously. I want it to be fun.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAAAAAHHHHH BOYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE

Holy shit, 50 million. I'm thinking this is the last major score landmark we see fall in this version of DJ Hero. Well done.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
x2fr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job man! Big accomp.

Wulfgrenade (real band)
http://www.wulfgrenade.com

The Gurn Killers win the Harrah's $10K Rock Band Tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsAmMa6YQ4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has gone from "Holy cow nice job" territory to "Dude WTF this shit isn't even fair" territory

Managed to pry back at least one 1st though.

AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for Red Mist high score.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wat
y0tube  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wat indeed. its crazy how u take the time to grind thru these songs. you would be perfect for playing an MMO like WoW.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you may have some minds On the verge of erupting.

Sick score. How many notes of breathing room are there to get mac rewinds, anyway?

AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 rewinds is 1140 notes. There are 4 extra notes, 3 since you can't rewind on the last note. However, there are times where a rewind will take place at the end of a side track which will give you 2 notes at once, thus taking away those extra notes. Therefore, you need to squeeze extra notes in in order to make up that extra note from track ends and also avoid other track end rewinds.

I'm pretty sure I can get 1.44 mil. Could have got one or two more sample notes in. I'm gonna leave it as is though. Until someone beats my score.

I felt like squeezing this song because it's my favorite of the pack.

Oh, btw, I don't really like MMOs. =)
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damnit I hate red mist... now I gotta play it again..-_-

Nice job though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Just Dance/Ghosts n Stuff high score. First post.
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand how you can manage to play the same song for several hours strait.... I get tired of hearing the intro after 2-3 restarts and end up quitting.

Earlier I had said I beat your score but it looks like I actually only have 533k... I thought I had 538k for some stupid reason... I'm not bothering to play this one anymore because I hate spending time looking for paths or trying to execute them... I feel like I could be doing something more productive instead.

Anyway, nice job.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:
I still don't understand how you can manage to play the same song for several hours strait.... I get tired of hearing the intro after 2-3 restarts and end up quitting.

Earlier I had said I beat your score but it looks like I actually only have 533k... I thought I had 538k for some stupid reason... I'm not bothering to play this one anymore because I hate spending time looking for paths or trying to execute them... I feel like I could be doing something more productive instead.

Anyway, nice job.

Hey, it's the nature of rhythm games. If you want the top score on songs that many of the top players can FC, you have to put in some work on pathing and whatnot. Luckily it's not as hard in DJ Hero - Mostly just determining which rewinds to drop the Euphoria between.

And really, we're posting on an online message board about a video game. The "being productive" argument becomes woefully esoteric at that point.

Anubis - were you getting some strange streak variations on this song? I would be rewinding at 183 and when I went to rewind at 243 the note streak would go back down to 241 after the rewind occurred.

mDaWg  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
mDaWg wrote:

Anyway, nice job.

Hey, it's the nature of rhythm games. If you want the top score on songs that many of the top players can FC, you have to put in some work on pathing and whatnot. Luckily it's not as hard in DJ Hero - Mostly just determining which rewinds to drop the Euphoria between.

And really, we're posting on an online message board about a video game. The "being productive" argument becomes woefully esoteric at that point.

Anubis - were you getting some strange streak variations on this song? I would be rewinding at 183 and when I went to rewind at 243 the note streak would go back down to 241 after the rewind occurred.

I still think spending hours on a single song is a waste of time -_- I'll never change my mind on that. I just can't stand doing it. Most of my top scores were done in a single run with maybe one or two restarts thrown in there. If I can't do it by then I usually just give up and come back to it another time.

I also come from the bemani side of music games where playing a single song repeatedly would be considered "whoring" a song. In that community, it's extremely frowned upon... I guess I'm just used to it being like that.

I find singleplayer paths to be useless to learn and memorize, because when it comes down to competition time they aren't really going to get you anywhere. The only songs I have a single player path memorized on are Groundhog and Wolfgang's 5th symphony.

That being said, I have nothing against you guys spending hours on one song... I just personally don't understand how anyone can stand to play the same song over and over. It just doesn't seem fun to me.
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Fedora: I think I may have experienced some weird rewind note counting. I believe I hit a rewind on 181 (180 impossible, cannot extra note), then I would get a rewind on 240 without squeezing an extra note in. Yes, there may be some weird note counting going on.

@mDaWg: Can you listen to one song on repeat? I can, if I like that song. The songs that I play numerous times in a row are songs that sound good and I enjoy playing. If either one of those criteria are not met, I will not play it for hours. I will play it several times, but if I'm not getting anywhere, I'll stop and come back to it later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: