ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What are you playing right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing through Family Guy on the original Xbox.

That game has its flaws, but omfg is it hilarious. XD Better than the show in some points. XD
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back to my crack.... Dark age of Camelot.

Been playing this game off and on since 2001. Can't seem to find a game even close to as fulfilling in terms of PvP.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'll bump this.

I'm playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. This game is amazing.

I'm pretty sure this is the best JRPG I've ever played and my Game of the Year (unless Bioshock Infinite manages to pull out something spectacular). I only wish I didn't get my GOTY so early because the rest of the year will be a letdown by comparison

The gameplay is like if you mixed Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and the Tales games. The art direction and soundtrack are just jaw droppingly beautiful though. I love it, I can't stop playing.

If you don't own a PS3, this would be one of the best reasons to buy one. If you have a PS3 and even remotely like RPGs and the Miyazaki films, GO BUY THIS! Buy it so we can get more like it!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah that explains why i seeyou alot lately on my online list ha !

been playing NFS: Most Wanted since it's release date now. very cool game. im trying to achieve 27/27 milestones on every car but it takes an awful lot of grinding. i have like 10 cars done out of 45 and im not even started with the online stuff. still lot and lot of time to spend on this game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Yup, I'll bump this.

I'm pretty sure this is the best JRPG I've ever played and my Game of the Year (unless Bioshock Infinite manages to pull out something spectacular). I only wish I didn't get my GOTY so early because the rest of the year will be a letdown by comparison

The gameplay is like if you mixed Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and the Tales games. The art direction and soundtrack are just jaw droppingly beautiful though. I love it, I can't stop playing.

If you don't own a PS3, this would be one of the best reasons to buy one. If you have a PS3 and even remotely like RPGs and the Miyazaki films, GO BUY THIS! Buy it so we can get more like it!

This is good to hear. My girl and I were really excited for it. like reeeeeaaaaally excited for it, but the demo puts you right at a boss, that is difficult and it doesnt really explain the controls or mechanics very well. So she rage quit pretty hard. But if the game is good, Ill buy the full version. Cause i love kingdom hearts, pokemon, rpgs and miyazaki.

also, I am playing through Sly 4, replaying dishonored and trying to finish the god of war series before ascension comes out (got 3 100%s, 2 to go.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played the demo so I'm curious which boss it is... the combat tutorial is pretty necessary to get down the mechanics of everything, but they introduce new familiars and party members slowly so you can learn as you go. One important detail is that unlike Pokemon your familiars level up without fighting. So just as long as you never throw out your Level 1 creature as soon as you get it, you probably won't die until pretty far into the game. The most important thing between loving and hating the combat is learning to use the L2 and R2 buttons to cycle through your combat menu. The game tells you to use the D-pad and that's waaay more annoying. I'm not one for complicated gameplay and this game is probably one sub-menu from being too overwhelming for me. As it is, though, I think it's perfect and very fun/satisfying. Once she plays it for a while she'll probably get into a rhythm down of switching characters all the time and using their special abilities and such.

The game can have some difficult moments (I would guess I'm around 1/3rd through the game now, and I've hit my first real difficulty spike and I'll need to grind a bit before I progress) but it never feels unfair or unfun. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Deogin  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Yup, I'll bump this.

I actually did buy a PS3 mostly because of this game and I'm enjoying every single aspect of the game so far. Unfortunately I got a little late to the party and missed my chance to get the Wizard's Edition of this game. Those things go for a pretty high price on Ebay at the moment and I really don't want to spend 200-400€ for a few extra things. A physical copy of the Wizard's Companion and the music CD would still be really great to have.

I'm progressing through the game at a slow pace doing every single side quest as soon as I get them because I am in no hurry to finish this game anytime soon. I really think that it is the best jrpg of this console generation and one of the all time greatest games of its genre.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Deogin PSN Name: Deogin
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man once you start really getting into the alchemy having a physical copy of the Wizard's Companion would be amazing. I obtained the soundtrack as well and I love it. I tend to buy the Collector's Edition of a lot of things but this one really snuck up on me... bummer

Hell even finding the regular edition of the game was a pain. My husband works at Fry's and they only got 2 copies in a few weeks late, which he promptly held for himself and his buddy who also collects RPGs, haha.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it all the exclusive console titles I want to play have to be on PS3, and the only console I have is an Xbox 360 haha.

Oh well, at the moment I'm sating my desire for an RPG by going back and playing through Witcher 2 on Dark difficulty, which needless to say is more than a bit painful. According to my girlfriend the amount of swearing emanating from my computer room while I was fighting the Draug yesterday (a ridiculous boss from Act II) was borderline comical.

As much as I love difficult games I feel this one and Dark Souls can be a tad too unforgiving at times.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Kathya  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting on Dead Space 3 co-op, resources are anything but scarce on Hard, my inventory has been full from medpacs and ammo clips from the beginning, nothing stopping you from rolling/sprinting infinitely either.
Unless I get one-shotted I'll seriously never die (and so far haven't)... ...I might change my mind in later chapters.

Just quit a game because I was locked on aim mode and couldn't get out, thought it was a glitch, turns out pressing caps does that >.>
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breath of Fire 1 for the SNES. It's been like 4 months going as of right now. I'm like half way through even though I've beaten the game like 4 times.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently got started on Persona 3 Portable. First time playing any game in the series, and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome . Also have Devil May Cry HD Collection and Disgaea 4 to play when I get around to it, and when I'm done building my PC... well, it'll be a matter of deciding which of my MANY Steam games I want to play first XD.

Also ordered Fire Emblem: Awakening, so will be playing that soon, probably between sessions of P3P, since I don't want to put off either game .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Yup, I'll bump this.

Just wanted to say I started my second playthrough of Ni no Kuni today. 9.5/10 for me with just some minor complaints about the battle system not being completely available from the get-go, but first time players will barely be able to tell the difference until you're able to use the full set of controls. I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone. Unfortunately, almost everyone I know in real life does not seem to be interested in it. My wife loved it, but it won't hold the siblings attention. Which is interesting because it seems like the game was made for kids. It seems like it may get looked over by a lot of people because either 1) they're too young to find traditional JRPGs engaging or 2) they think they're too old for the story.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently playing Tales of Vesperia for the XBox 360. And holy hot damn, this is a great game. Story and character development are amazing, the battle system is awesome, I really don't have any complaints for this game. 25 hours in, and I'm still kicking it!

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing Tomb Raider. Great adventure game that'll give you an Uncharted fix until the next Naughty Dog project rolls around. Some controls kind of frustrate me. Wish they had used a cover system more similar to Gears of War, because auto-cover isn't always reliable. 9/10 for me. The next Tomb Raider will likely be even more amazing, and I'll be interested to see what they do with a more mature Lara.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: