ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
Saru786 wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
You can understand that casual players play the game, but don't think they should be catered to as much as the hardcore elite? I guess the Scorehero attitude runs into all games, not just plastic guitars.

Actually, no. What I mean to say is that the game is turning into more of a PvE thing, and Blizzard has been ignoring the PvP community for a while now. They really fucked up PvP in WOTLK, making it so noob-friendly, that at the start of WOTLK, people with little to no experience in PvP were getting high ratings in arena. The game itself was taking a totally noob-friendly turn at this point. Lots of my friends and lots of great PvP players I knew at this point had quit the game. Cata just made PvP worse. Private servers started getting much more popular because of this. But now, they're starting to get bland aswell. Lots of the PvE spells were being put into PvP way too much, and many of them which were created for the high-tier bosses ended up being really op in PvP. Frost Mage being one of them. Blizzard needs to learn to separate PvE from PvP. At this point, the casual players are being much more catered to then the hardcore elite. It's been like this for a while, actually.

That's because the hardcore elite is a minority even in WoW, and the minority never deserves to be catered to as much as the majority. Suck it up. Also, Frost is first and foremost a levelling spec anyway.

Actually, the hardcore elite aren't even the ones who enjoy PvP. I was just saying that because thats what captain said. People who play PvP a lot, also love playing PvE aswell. It's not just straight PvP for one single person. I've known tons of great names in the PvP community who love PvE aswell. And so, the people who love playing PvP and are good at it, aren't the hardcore elite. I don't even think those type of people exist. The PvP players were never a minority in WoW, until up to late WOTLK and Cata. Blizzard MADE the PvP players a minority by making some huge mistakes with the balancing.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
CHawk  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be rejoining the WoW ranks here pretty soon. I've been talking to a buddy from this site (anyone remember Draktyr?), and we're gonna start prepping for not only 4.3, but MoP. I'll be sure to hit some of you guys up when I start rolling up with this again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I hear tell we're getting 4.3 tomorrow and you lucky guys in America already have it. Thoughts so far?
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main will be taking a small hit that'll make questing marginally slower - not that I'm doing much of that these days - but it'll be more than compensated for in instances by improved group buffs. Swings and roundabouts.

As for the new dungeons: I'm looking forward to giving them a go, if my current item level allows. Which I suspect it won't yet. I still have absolutely no interest in raiding, so my opinion on that is irrelevant.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my WoW is now back up and running. I'm currently starting a character on Mok'nathal. My friend has a character on there and has been begging me to join him. Would anyone be opposed to a Scorehero guild on that server?

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
XxKevvxX  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to do RaF with me? I am kind of new, so I am looking for someone to show me a few things around the game.

Let me know.

First to FC Painkiller on Hard 20/09/08
First to FC Bodhisvatta on Hard 20/09/08
First to FC Panic Attack on Hard 21/09/08
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XxKevvxX
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: sleep-deprived ramblings. Basically I'm finding my mage really good fun.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mages are fantastic fun. 4.3 buffed Fire quite a bit, too (100% improved Pyroblast DoT and improved Pyroblast DD by about a quarter, for starters) so I might try out Fire in a few heroics, see how I do. Got to be more fun than Arcane, where 80% of your DPS is from one spell and you only hit three buttons ever.

Update: Meh. Fire still sucks.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
JOE2210 wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, been meaning to give Fire a try since the update but haven't got around to it yet (Arcane with Fire offspec, like any sensible person). The advice I was given with Arcane is pretty much 'spam Arcane Blast/Missiles until everything is dust' but I seem to be doing a lot more damage with Barrage/Missiles at the moment. *shrug*

But yeah, it warranted comment 'cos it's unusual for me to enjoy anything but melee - I'm bloody useless with casters (that is, I have absolutely no sense of how to stay out of harm's way) and usually give them up within hours 'cos I get sick of dying every five minutes. This time I'm sticking strictly to dungeons.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Silly  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't played since August last year, moderately tempted to return because of the whole "sub for a year, get Diablo 3 free" thing which actually makes resubbing fairly cheap since I was getting D3 on release anyway.

How does PvP in Cataclysm compare to WotLK? That's pretty much all I played for - raiding is, to be blunt, boring as fuck.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Haven't played since August last year, moderately tempted to return because of the whole "sub for a year, get Diablo 3 free" thing which actually makes resubbing fairly cheap since I was getting D3 on release anyway.

How does PvP in Cataclysm compare to WotLK? That's pretty much all I played for - raiding is, to be blunt, boring as fuck.

PvP in Cata is a lot more broken than it was in WotLK. Atleast, thats how it was in S9, after that, I just quit. But I doubt they fixed anything. They probably made things worse.

If I remember, rogue and mage is still pretty dominate in 2's and rogue, priest, and I think it was druid are beast in 3's still. But like I said, that was S9, not sure now.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Aye, been meaning to give Fire a try since the update but haven't got around to it yet (Arcane with Fire offspec, like any sensible person). The advice I was given with Arcane is pretty much 'spam Arcane Blast/Missiles until everything is dust' but I seem to be doing a lot more damage with Barrage/Missiles at the moment. *shrug*

But yeah, it warranted comment 'cos it's unusual for me to enjoy anything but melee - I'm bloody useless with casters (that is, I have absolutely no sense of how to stay out of harm's way) and usually give them up within hours 'cos I get sick of dying every five minutes. This time I'm sticking strictly to dungeons.

For levelling, you definitely want to be Frost; it's got all the panic buttons and snares (to stop enemies ever reaching you). Also, the vast majority of your DPS should be from Arcane Blast in instances - spam it until your mana is below 30%, then use Evocation, then keep spamming Blast. Then go into a conservation phase with AM and Barrage until Evocation's cooldown is up or the fight ends. Most bosses will go down before you have to conserve.

Fire is still a bit meh, though. 8k average DPS in Grim Batol, I'm pushing 13k with Arcane on a good day. Maybe I'm just not used to Fire yet.
JOE2210 wrote:
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 1 best thing about Transmog: Only people with the PvP ranks from Vanilla can transmog the appropriate ranked gear.

AKA HIGH WARLORD WARZWARMON RIDES AGAIN WOOOOO!

Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:
Number 1 best thing about Transmog: Only people with the PvP ranks from Vanilla can transmog the appropriate ranked gear.

AKA HIGH WARLORD WARZWARMON RIDES AGAIN WOOOOO!

Well shit, that sucks. I had all of those on my old character. Downloading WoW again after like 9 months. Not too much has changed from what I read, but things don't seem to be anymore nicer. However, I have to admit, the lore behind this patch is interesting.
#Lorenerd

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Level 85 character currently.

My item level just hit 353 tonight, so now I can start accessing the new Hour of Twilight dungeons. will I start doing it right away? Not too sure...

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: