ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been debating getting back into things recently. Has much changed with 4.3? I always wanted to get the "It's Over 9000" FoS, which admittedly isn't too hard these days but still.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Nubnut/simple

Me in my tank gear, as you can see I'm not terribly far from getting it. (I went DPS warr normally with Cata though so my average Ilvl with my DPS gear is 360 I believe, it's been 3+ months since I was last on).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm not noticing anything huge. Like, obviously they changed the game but nothing's a real game-changer, if y'know what I mean. Is it just me? I'm tempted to believe it's to do with the way I play but, aside from new gear and new instances, it's not a lot different to what it was before. Archaeology is now considerably less arduous to grind? S'about all I got from it, and I don't even recall that being one of the listed changes.

I dunno, I guess take a look at the changelog and see if there's anything there that's meaningful to you.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone want to send me the new Scroll of Resurrection?! You'll get pretty new mounts!
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there's been something of a necro () I'll take this opportunity to ask if anyone has ever done the whole 15-85 solely through tanking/healing PUGs thing.

I'm currently doing it on a resto drood, and the actual healing is easy and fun but dealing with the whiny/arrogant/whiny arrogant assholes isn't. Tempted to become one of those people who just never ever talks in PUGs no matter what. 'Tis the price you pay for never having to quest through a zone (Grizzly Hills, Icecrown, Deepholm), though
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was running tank/healer (me tanking) with a guildmate for a while but it got abandoned in the early 20s... too many PuG fuckwits. Might give it another go at some point since I've got all the looms there but I'll probably end up re-rolling it if I do. To be honest I'm more into casters these days so maybe healing would be a better idea. Also I'm not a good tank.

I was going to insert some sort of opinion on MoP but my brain isn't working enough to remember what I think of it so far, other than "oh Christ, not more prof grinding". Erm... discuss, I guess?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm somewhere around the mid-40s at the moment with about a day and a half on /played. Levelling mining and herbalism between instances, so I'm kind of making a bomb.

MoP looks pretty good, I'm a bit dubious about the new talent system but we'll have to wait and see I guess. Luckily I have no interest in the new class - let's be honest, they look pretty much identical to druids - so I won't want to start one in what will inevitably be the biggest starting zone rush in WoW history.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
JOE2210 wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might just be that I'm a bit thick, but I can't see how the new talent system is an improvement. I get that it'll force you to make bigger decisions that make more difference in the grand scheme of things, I just don't understand why that's better than what we've got now. But yep, agreed on the rest of it - my interest in monks is very limited and hopefully my curiosity about the panda starting zone will be satisfied by the beta when I get into it.

I never really made much from herbalism, guess it varies between realms, but I rolled a DK on a new realm a few days ago and I'm making a fair bit from mining. Also questing through the early zones (mostly for laughs, with rep and achievements as a bit of a bonus) and selling all the cloth.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely - in Cataclysm they tried to make talents more interesting and remove the boring "required" talents - like spending five full levels increasing spell haste by 1% each time - and did pretty well for the most part. But now they're completely going the other way and making characters less customisable? Merrr. We'll see how it goes when it's rolled out, I guess.

And yeah, in my experience herbalism is generally less profitable than mining, but Cataclysm herbs make a bomb. I levelled Alchemy to 525 on my mage a while back, and cried the whole time.
JOE2210 wrote:
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Symbiosis...

Thoughts?

I'm thinking it's going to make playing a druid optimally very fucking difficult, not gonna lie; but it should be really interesting. I always thought Blizz were of the opinion that the class isn't as important as the player, though, so it's kind of surprising to see them introduce another way to segregate class roles. Or... I guess it could be seen as a way to homogenise them, maybe. But probably not :/

Also, for the love of all that is good in this world, why do DKs grouping as DPS always think it's cool to deathgrip something and tank it ten yards from the main group? You never get that with warriors, paladins or druids unless they're actually tanking. Very annoying for both the tank and the healer, especially since as a druid I rely on Efflorescence (AoE proc off a direct heal) to top off the melee DPS set until they start taking real damage. There is ONE reasonable use of Death Grip in a group situation as DPS; and that is to pull casters to the tank's location. You may recognise this as something that 95% of DPS players never even think of.

Just ran a group with a DK tank and two DK DPS (and a hunter). Me and the hunter were both British, and the DKs were all Scandinavian, although they didn't know each other either. Hearing them get into an argument in Norwegian was fantastic. "Wow, Death Knights have their own language n shit!"
JOE2210 wrote:

Last edited by Yewb on Wed May 02, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Symbiosis abilities make no sense and will become a bit unbalanced if they don't change things around. For example, Feral gets loads upon loads of DPS symbiotic abilities, where as Balance gets none.

And as for dumb DK's? As a longtime warrior tank I hold one policy, if you purposely pull a mob as a DPS when you're not supposed to, have fun with the repair bill.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the (heh) balance there either. Looks like Resto druids mostly get self-defence and survivability abilities, though, which is quite nice.

And yeah. Number of idiots I've warned, rewarned, purposely let die and subsequently been insulted by over the last few days is frankly staggering. "no heals????? shit healer" "NO NO. You spank it you tank it, and if my mana isn't damn near full and we're not going to wipe you can take some repair bills on the chin for your impatience." Is what I'd like to say but, of course, can never be bothered.
JOE2210 wrote:
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
And yeah. Number of idiots I've warned, rewarned, purposely let die and subsequently been insulted by over the last few days is frankly staggering. "no heals????? shit healer" "NO NO. You spank it you tank it, and if my mana isn't damn near full and we're not going to wipe you can take some repair bills on the chin for your impatience." Is what I'd like to say but, of course, can never be bothered.

I look forward to lots of this shit when I get my healer up to the late 50s. I like to believe that idiot DKs yanking stuff away is a mistake made by people who don't know the class well, the sort of thing that stops by the mid-to-late 60s, but perhaps that's a little optimistic.

In other news... I can't explain how much anger this caused.

For context: I've spent dozens of hours continuously fishing for that rare, first on my original character and then on the one that's become my main, with absolutely no success. This is a new alt (the aforementioned healer) on a fishing daily.

As for Symbiosis... sounds like a wonderful way of complicating a class that I'm already completely incapable of playing.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Yewb wrote:

I look forward to lots of this shit when I get my healer up to the late 50s. I like to believe that idiot DKs yanking stuff away is a mistake made by people who don't know the class well, the sort of thing that stops by the mid-to-late 60s, but perhaps that's a little optimistic.

It kind of is. It happens ALL the time between 58 and about 65, but eventually each DK gets yelled at enough by a tank or healer with a short fuse that they get the message. It's quite interesting to see the dropoff in number of DKs, actually: in the late 50s or early 60s, maybe 75% of tanks are DKs; by 70, it's down to the expected 25%. No exaggeration, either.

Quote:
In other news... I can't explain how much anger this caused.

For context: I've spent dozens of hours continuously fishing for that rare, first on my original character and then on the one that's become my main, with absolutely no success. This is a new alt (the aforementioned healer) on a fishing daily.

Ouchhh. Unlucky, lol. Still, at least you got it on something! Congrats, I guess

Quote:
As for Symbiosis... sounds like a wonderful way of complicating a class that I'm already completely incapable of playing.

Oh yeah.
JOE2210 wrote:
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guild's main 10-man raid group (which I'm hoping to be trialled for soon; I'm in raid group 2 at the moment) has had yesterday evening set to finish Dragon Soul for a few weeks now. Wednesday night they went through the first six bosses, as per usual, then worked on Spine for about an hour - had a couple of near misses but due to a less-than bright plate DPS and healer ended up calling it. So Saturday night, they went in determined to down Spine and at least take a shot at Madness.

Spine went down without too much trouble, and after a few attempts on Madness they had a wipe at 5m health. Since the fight mostly takes place before you even get a shot at Deathwing proper, and he starts with a shitton more health than 5m when you do, in real terms the fight was less than thirty seconds from completion when the main tank died.

This is fine.

What is not fine is that our already pretty shit offtank chose to spontaneously bail and join a PuG running Icecrown Citadel.

So there's a run for Madness of Deathwing planned on Tuesday night now. They'll get it easily, but they could have got it in another half hour, tops, last night and nobody would have had to give up their Tuesday evening

He got kicked from the guild, though, so there's that (not just for this - he's always been unreliable and a liability in raids, what with fun pulling tons of trash and then failing to hold aggro etc.).
JOE2210 wrote:
Silly  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So someone sent me a scroll of rez and since I've got nothing to do for the next week I accepted it. oh lawd

Anyone care to fill me in on anything I need to know about Cataclysm? I stopped playing shortly after WotLK (fuck DKs) and haven't kept tabs on anything to do with class balance, new BGs/raids or lore.

In addition, can anyone recommend a decent private server? In all likelihood I'm not going to be able to afford to pay £8.99 a month in my current situation, so a backup plan to get my PvP fix would be kinda nice I guess.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: