ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Cyber Games 2010: Acai28 wins!!! Finals vids up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JNCarvalho  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noite you going to the portuguese WCG tomorrow?
..Guitar hero Portugal WCG champion 08 / 09 / 10..
Noite  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JNCarvalho wrote:
Noite you going to the portuguese WCG tomorrow?

Afraid not, I'm from Guimarães so it'd be really expensive to go. I'll be studying abroad this year, so I need all the money I can get my hands on :P

It'll probably be great, shame I can't go :/ but I wouldn't stand a chance of winning so I'm not too bummed

JNCarvalho  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay. I'm going from Oporto and waking up at 6am to catch the train, but oh well I'm defending champion, gotta do this.
Noite  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck ;) Make sure to come back with a report!

massi4h  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Johnny. Hope you get the win and make it to LA.

Apparently the Pan-European championship has started (The SEC) and there will be a stream coming from here: http://www.wcg.com/6th/fun/news/news_view.asp?keyno=C10090310001 starting at 11AM GMT+1 which is In 4 hours and 40 minutes if I did the conversion right.

Edit: And by 6 hours, I meant 6 hours and 1 day lol. As it's on Sunday.
Sparkage  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddammit, Leroy. Google Translator is a total crap.

Here, I translated it DECENTLY (or almost):

Quote:
The Guitar Hero world champion, Fabio Araújo Jardim ("Caio Menudo") stops everything to talk to a tall, blond guy and with another, with long hair and glasses. Hugs them both. The long-haired guy is Michael Isaac Najman ("Shift"), 2nd place on the last worldwide WCG. The blond and funny guy is Robert Michaels ("Smokey Progg"), 3rd place. The three met during the competition, in China.

Are they friends? The Brazilian, with a smile, answered yes. Shift, from NY, ironically says: "Yeah, we can say yes. I have Smokey Progg added on Facebook".

Although 2nd place in the world WCG, Shift thinks that he won't have a so good performance on Pan-American because he'd cut his little finger ("pinky") cutting frozen fish, during work. He expects a very hard competition.

Smokey Prog came with his girlfriend (Translation Note: No pun intended XD). She says that she isn't annoyed with the fact that he plays too much Guitar Hero. "We play Rock Band together. She plays the guitar and I, the drums", he says.

Still such a weird text, but... well, whatever. And Smoky, blond? Wtf?[/quote]
massi4h  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the final being streamed live of the SEC (Pan-European WCG).

It was UKOG Monkey (England) vs Boyke (Netherlands) in the final.

It was best of 5 starting with The Spirit of Radio and then loser picking song.

Song 1: The Spirit of Radio. Boyke made a few simple errors before the fast strumming at the end, including missing an sp phrase, then missing on the next activation. Monkey then missed at the start of the last activation and missed the SP to overlap and I thought Boyke could maybe comeback, but then he missed at the end of the fast chords. 1-0 Monkey.

Song 2: Sultans of Swing (Boyke's choice). Pretty close game, pretty sure it was a double FC, but Boyke took it. Monkey messed up his second activation, but later on had a desperate extended tick glitch, but still was way off. 1-1.

Song 3: Scatterbrain (Monkey's choice). Monkey FCed all of the intro and Boyke missed a couple times. Monkey got an early 30k lead and pretty much held it throughout the whole song. I think he only missed in the third activation. 2-1 Monkey.

Song 4: One Big Holiday (Boyke's choice). Well another epic double FC. Score difference was less than 200 and the host couldn't understand how Monkey was trying to explain that he won by less than a note and neither of them missed but he still won. Boyke was dropping quite a lot of ticks unfortunately and came back into <200 range on the second to last activation where he hit the last O in the activation. Came down to the last activation and I'm thinking Boyke has to do an extended tick glitch on the last note to win. He doesn't unfortunately, but Monkey goes for it and I dunno if he got the extra points, but damn that was a close ending.
Final score: 3-1 Monkey.

GG guys, epic final.
DeeEmmSee  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video of the UK National Final is up (Me on left, Monkey on right):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4sqLmsHHKo
JNCarvalho  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm going to LA. Tight final vs AV Ratcher (was the real only tough game of the tournament, both for me and him).

The final was best out of 3. 2 shuffled songs and in case of a 1-1, would be spirit of the radio.

1st picked was Sultans of Swing, and neither of us knew the path on that one olol, was a FC with bad score but enough to win it. Ratcher missed really near the end but I think it was more the stress of knowing he had no way of getting ahead by that time.
Then 2nd random was Youth Funk, I kinda knew the path on this one and that gave me a good advantage although I made 2 stupid misses if I recall. Ratcher once again didn't have much idea of the path and that was his weakness. 2-0

So Ratcher if you read this, you're really good by now but next time DON'T JUST PRACTICE DWEDFN FCs!

See you guys on LA, I'll really know the paths by that time, only got GH5 2 days before the nationals.
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group drawing just ended - http://www.wcg.com/6th/2010/drawing/drawing_player_stage.asp?itemno=4
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
massi4h  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I only see 1 New Zealand there. When 2 of us are meant to be going. This is gonna be hectic.
DarkJyn  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi ~ we're in discussions to make live drawing after first round, most people are on board with this however we are having difficulties.. either way just letting you guys know congrats JN and Monkey! Looking forward to it!

I heard it was only 1 person from NZ going too.. might want to follow that up mason?
JNCarvalho  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn got in one tough group. Should be fun!

edit: Thanks DarkJyn!
massi4h  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Thomas, missed both our second GH player (me) and our CS team who are heavily sponsored. Got a new xlan organiser this year, but he says he's sorting it out atm. :/ I hope it's alright.

And any chance of making pool matches best of 3? It still will only take 15 minutes max per game, when all the other games take way longer than that. You shouldn't be able to decide a winner off a 5 minute song. Imo use the SEC rules where you start with the tiebreaker and then the loser gets to pick the next song. It worked really well imo and it guaranteed the spirit of radio being played in the final. I really think it should be best of 3 in pools and best of 5 in the single elimination, but whatever happens I guess. I better guarantee my spot first lol.
DarkJyn  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyyy oO hopefully he sorts it out!! ><'

ahh i can change rules, but unfortunately i have no pull on game types/matches, etc because they need to be standard, we've had this discussion, the thread is insanely long (i'm still in the debate had at least 5 more emails on it today) lol~ i agree totally but it's too late to look into that stuff it's in 3 weeks ! CAN'T WAIT!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: