Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Power Gig: Rise of the Sixstring
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintsukka  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Power Gig: Rise of the Sixstring Reply with quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/09/impressions-power-gig-rise-of-the-sixstring/

Anybody heard anything about this one?

Sounds like it might be a good game but unless you can play it with GH/RB controllers, the price is probably gonna be the major obstacle.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game seems like a great new idea, it just feels as if some gaming sites/magazines seem to be done with music games. So I'm going with the view that if the gameplay is really good and simulates something from a real guitar, then people will get excited about it. The plus is that you can still use your other guitar controllers, so this will be like another Guitar Hero/Rock Band for those who like that type of gameplay (which I do).

Regardless, this is a completely new concept in the world of music games. I am wondering how it would play and pick up which strings you are hitting, as well as how the actual gameplay will look. If it's not too expensive, there's nothing wrong with this game.

EDIT: Removed most of the stupid complaining in this post. I know it's old, but I wanted to re-edit this because I felt like this was a bad post.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!

Last edited by Megashot on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
Megashot  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to double post, but there's some more information about the game, courtesy of Gamespot (which is a much better site than Joystiq I might add).

Gamespot Previews:

Updated Guitar and (new!) Drum Controller Impressions: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6264938/power-gig-rise-of-the-sixstring-update-hands-on-with-guitar-and-drums

Power Gig signs Eric Clapton, padless drum controller: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sim/powergigriseofthesixstring/news.html?sid=6264945&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures%3Btitle%3B1

I can understand being skeptical about the "air drums". It is a new concept that nobody else has tried. I just like Gamespot's positive attitude with it, saying that if they can work out the kinks in the drum controller then it should be great. That's how I feel about it. As for the guitar, it's pretty cool! But we'll have to see how the general public thinks about this game when it comes out, because right now other gaming sites like Joystiq are like "whatever" at this game (well, because they hate music games for one).

It should be an interesting alternative to Guitar Hero/Rock Band...given that it doesn't cost you a fortune to get it. I hope that our current GH/RB guitars are compatible with this game, I would get it just to play the songs on my plastic guitar.

Sadly, I think the biased game media is going to make this game fail like Rock Revolution. I don't want it to fail. It's an innovative new idea in music games. What do ya'll think about this (Scorehero)?

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
eddaket  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a demo of it at PAX and it looked neat. I'm just afraid of the drums being kind of fail (literally impossible to do rolls on that) and the steep learning curve for those of us who have never played a guitar in their life.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megashot wrote:
I hate to double post, but there's some more information about the game, courtesy of Gamespot (which is a much better site than Joystiq I might add).

So you don't like Joystiq bashing on GH so you bash on Joystiq in all your posts instead?

Megashot wrote:

I can understand being skeptical about the "air drums". It is a new concept that nobody else has tried. I just like Gamespot's positive attitude with it, saying that if they can work out the kinks in the drum controller then it should be great. That's how I feel about it.

You have obviously never played air drums. Your wrists will hurt quite a lot after just a few minutes. And hitting rolls and other fast stuff where you need rebound is going to be 100% impossible, so yeah.. there's no way it's gonna be a good idea.

Megashot wrote:

It should be an interesting alternative to Guitar Hero/Rock Band...given that it doesn't cost you a fortune to get it. I hope that our current GH/RB guitars are compatible with this game, I would get it just to play the songs on my plastic guitar.

It's a real guitar, of course it's gonna cost a lot, and no there's no way you'll be able to use your old guitars, that's the entire point of the damn game.

Megashot wrote:

Sadly, I think the biased game media is going to make this game fail like Rock Revolution.

At least 90% of people who got RR thinks it sucks, yeah it's only because of the game media.

While I think that the guitar parts of it could be a good idea (And I hope the guitar will work good) and interesting to play, I don't see this selling well at all when you have to get a guitar which probably will cost quite a lot and drums that'll be literally impossible to play moderately fast stuff on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megashot wrote:
Tony Hawk Ride basically sealed the deal when it came to hating on peripheral games, everyone bashed it despite it being a new and fresh concept.

It was also god-awful and the skateboard peripheral was barely functional. But no, all the hate was just pessimism from the press, not the game actually sucking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megashot wrote:
I hope that our current GH/RB guitars are compatible with this game, I would get it just to play the songs on my plastic guitar.

Not only this, but i hope i dont HAVE to get the guitar, i hope i can just use my actual real guitar to play. I can hope right !
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No guitar experience is needed to shred like a pro. It’s easy! In fact, playing the SixString is just like playing a guitar with buttons. Except for one major difference: you don’t look like a major tool doing it.

Really?

http://powergig.com/game/guitar
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is already more authentic the RB3 and GH:RAWR.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not make leaderboards for it?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
GuitarBoy55  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha a lot of players with no experience will think this is a rip off of the pro mode in RB3 Actually nvm it is (Rock Band was thinking of the idea before these guys did)

Last edited by GuitarBoy55 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
XxIronManXx1  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Power Gig Reply with quote

Game sucks balls. nuff said...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: OutsideOwl
TheZ116  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be fun...

for rich fuckers...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sandiegodrummer PSN Name: thez116
Eyce  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game sounds intriguing, but the way they conduct themselves on the PR front is an absolute abortion, and what makes me even more annoyed is that they're intentional with their actions.

On that premise alone, I hope they sink, they're clearly not going to learn the easy way...
TheZ116  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
This game sounds intriguing, but the way they conduct themselves on the PR front is an absolute abortion, and what makes me even more annoyed is that they're intentional with their actions.

On that premise alone, I hope they sink, they're clearly not going to learn the easy way...

Oh god, what have they been doing?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sandiegodrummer PSN Name: thez116
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: