ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Pitch Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokemaniac1  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Pitch Help Reply with quote

Okay, so I was wondering if there was a way for anybody to help me with my pitch. I see billtvshow singing songs in falsetto, is that something that I should be working on for being a good GH/RB vocalist? I usually try to sing in my normal voice, but since my voice is changing, I usually just make a mockery of the song and end up scratching and fading my voice. Some songs work just fine for me in normal voice (still alive). Others I can't hit for crap (don't stop believing). Any tips?

Clickeh For meh Acc. Thread!

GuitarHailz wrote:
Boobs do, in fact, make tapping harder.
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The octave you're singing on doesn't matter to the game, much less how good you're sounding. You must sing the right notes, but you can choose whichever is the octave you find comfortable for you.

I see some people having a better time controlling the pitch in falsetto, while I feel more comfortable and have better control by downshift the notes in one octave.

Long story short: octave-shifting is your best friend here.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus had it nail on the head. You don't have to sing in the original octave - you sing in whichever octave is most comfortable for you, and will help you keep on combo more often in the long run. Very few people can manage every single octave available to a human voice.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: